Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

4 minutes ago, Rip76 said:

What a clusterfuck.  Just say no from the beginning.

who knows what is happening but Urban publicly didn't have to, didn't need to, and didn't want to because there is no opening.  All CDC had to do was put out through the 9.95ers was he's not coming.  

what we do know is he isn't interested in stating he is closing the door on coaching again. if he said no, the next step is firing/searching or publicly stating very soon that Herman will be back.

Edited by dcar00

Wasn’t IT saying that if there wasn’t word by Monday we should be worried?

Doesn’t seem likely that we are going to fire Herman and hire Urban the same day. 

IT is guessing just like everyone else. No one knows shit. This could go down at any point. Or it may not go down at all. No news isn’t bad news. Just fucking chill.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

Meh. He’s got to make sure his Italian four core wants in or whoever he’s going after. That’s been the obvious hold up so calm down. 

if its 4 thats a big hill to climb.  convincing 4 families to move, especially if it is their true home in a successful program that has money.

Edited by dcar00

Y’all gotta stop setting your expectations so high. I’m all for hope and optimism, but you always have to prepare for the worst case scenario. Expecting shit to go down today is just asking for heartache. 

Personally, I think Urban has agreed in principle and we’re going to be very happy by this time next week, but I realize I’m putting a lot of faith in people with no apparent credibility or authority.  I’m completely prepared for everything to fall through and for us to return to Macovic-era desolation and apathy. The distilleries will still make bourbon, there will still be good bbq, and I will still live in Texas. I lived through the mid to late 80s and 90s; I’ll live through this. 

Edited by Chili dog
Remove improper comma
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

IT is guessing just like everyone else. No one knows shit. This could go down at any point. Or it may not go down at all. No news isn’t bad news. Just fucking chill.

It should have occurred to people earlier that when Burton/IT's last 3 or 4 updates were all essentially the same that whatever line they may have had either got shut out or shut out IT. Edit: I think it's no coincidence that since fat ketch name dropped Eltife that every site's subsequent updates have been along the lines of 'we haven't heart anything new', 'these are some other coaches', etc. I doubt they wanted any national media getting ahold of that alleged meeting in Columbus or Cali or wherever the fuck it was supposedly held in the first place.

I also meant to quote the person who asked, but yes, Texas does have people that monitor boards. To my knowledge this isn't one of them, and I don't know if they read comments outside of the actual articles from writers.

Edited by Bam Bam Sam
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Anybody have an idea who might be the NFL candidate IT was discussing the other day? Seemed like some read between the lines that it might be Mike Vrabel.

It’s worse than, or on par with, Jeff Fisher. Let’s hope that it’s a terrible smokescreen. I’m going to hope Dan Mullen is the target, I guess. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

if its 4 thats a big hill to climb.  convincing 4 families to move, especially if it is their true home in a successful program that has money.

I'm a SoCal boy 100%, but I've had 1 boss in my life, that if he called and asked me to move across the country to work for him, I would go. 

Maybe Urbs is that boss. 

1 minute ago, Lou Sassle said:

Unpopular opinion, but I'm actually really hoping Sam DOESN'T come back next year. I like the dude, and he's a gamer, but fuck me his inaccuracies and penchant to hold on to the ball WAY to long drive me nuts. 

Same here.  I'd buy the mofo a beer if I see him, but yeah, I'm ready for a change at QB. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic