Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

“Hey guys, first time posting here but here’s some bad news that I know even though people who literally get paid to do this don’t know. But you should believe me because my username has something vaguely Texas related” EAT.MY.FUCKING.DICK.
Dude, go read his post again. He is a Texas Ex. And the info is SOLID.
  • Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

That would leak because Tom's people would try to blow it all up for UM and Texas. I don't think so. They may strongly suspect it but I doubt CDC told him. 

Absolutely would leak. Herman would want it known he’s available for other head coach positions. He and his agent have no reason to wait on Texas 

• Hook 'Em 3

Keep deluding yourselves with the hope that UM is taking the job. He’s not. 
What I don’t know is the status of Herman’s job. With early signing day in two weeks, I can’t see what good it would do having NO head coach vs a drunken narcissist like Herman. 

• Fuck You 30

2 minutes ago, dalhorn1 said:

Oh no, you’re on to me, RBG. Yeah, I’m aggy. Or, maybe I was on the 40 acres from ‘95-2001, got two degrees I don’t use professionally, and just happen to be better at this shell game than others. 

Oh fuck off, enjoy your time here before being negged to Bolivia. Cock sucker 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Bob Lives! said:

I don’t understand why KU matters in this conversation. You fire Herman on Monday. You have Ash or someone else serve as interim coach for six days. Urban can immediately get to work on recruiting, without having to worry about coaching up a team for a meaningless KU game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because apparently CDC gave Tom his "word" that he is safe until the end of the regular season, after we beat a highly overrated Oklahoma State paper tiger.

So I heard on this thread.

3 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

That would leak because Tom's people would try to blow it all up for UM and Texas. I don't think so. They may strongly suspect it but I doubt CDC told him. 

This past Monday showed that when Tom asked for a vote of confidence he was told lets wait for the end of the season. So yea he may not have been told but he knows where this is headed.

What I don’t know is the status of Herman’s job. With early signing day in two weeks, I can’t see what good it would do having NO head coach vs a drunken narcissist like Herman. 

What's your source?

I fucking hate Herman but at least he didn’t get literally cucked by one of his players like your coach did aggy

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

I know I’m just an anonymous asshole on the internet, but y’all need to trust me on one thing in particular. Herman is toast. There is nothing he can do to save his job at this point. I’m quite sure we are giving him time and dignity to bolster the pr line of “we just couldn’t turn Urban down”. That’s a much smarter and more savvy way of reducing his buyout compared to the alcoholic philanderer angle.

• Hook 'Em 9

2 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

Because apparently CDC gave Tom his "word" that he is safe until the end of the regular season, after we beat a highly overrated Oklahoma State paper tiger.

So I heard on this thread.

Really? Damn it.

This is 2020, we don't even know when that might be. The regular season might already be over for all we know. Or maybe we are playing Kansas Christmas Eve.

1 minute ago, Caddox said:

I know I’m just an anonymous asshole on the internet, but y’all need to trust me on one thing in particular. Herman is toast. There is nothing he can do to save his job at this point. I’m quite sure we are giving him time and dignity to bolster the pr line of “we just couldn’t turn Urban down”. That’s a much smarter and more savvy way of reducing his buyout compared to the alcoholic philanderer angle.

Nothing matters, it was Urban or bust. 

2 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Mountains of rep to anyone who creates a tOSU-branded Twitter account and gets EXily Gates to confirm where her friend's flight was heading. Logic would suggest it was going LA --> Columbus, but who knows. 

Guessing he's going to FLA. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, dalhorn1 said:

Ok we are not deluding ourselves. The media has been driving this bus for awhile now. None of us know anything about Meyer or whether or not he might want this job. How do you know anything? I cannot understand how somebody can look at this and think the fans are coming up with this shit. Fucking fat Ketch over at Orangebloods said he would be surprised if Meyer was not here. Yeah, totally the fans doing this shit. Same thing with the Saban thing, the media fucks up so let's laugh at the fans not the fuckers who do this shit for a living. This is how the media gets away with being shitty.

Herman should have been fired long ago under the circumstances. I have serious issues with how we are doing this even if we keep Herman. And moving on to the next coach is the most important thing, and we seem to be either setting up Herman to fail or the next coach to fail with how we are handling this failure of a season and the recruiting disasters.

My source?  It’s a source. But what does it matter, since I’m a lunatic aggy (oxymoron, I know). 
I was, and still am,hoping this source is wrong, or I was being lied to. But, I doubt it. 
When it comes to things like knowing bad news, it seems like I have the fast track. 
Keep up with the neg reps, though. I have to plead ignorance- does net rep get me banned from forums?  

• Fuck You 25

4 minutes ago, Caddox said:

believe season 2 GIF by American Gods

12 minutes ago, dalhorn1 said:

Oh no, you’re on to me, RBG. Yeah, I’m aggy. Or, maybe I was on the 40 acres from ‘95-2001, got two degrees I don’t use professionally, and just happen to be better at this shell game than others. 

I haven't the slightest fucking clue what I'm supposed to do with this information. You have two degrees that you don't use professionally? Is that a humble brag or a joke or what? What about this is a shell game? 

Star Wars Reaction GIF

• Haha 1

Until Meyer either accepts or turns down the offer, this ain't over.  We're on his timeline.  It's UM or Herman.  No one else is in the mix.  They won't fire Herman without a deal already being done with Meyer.  The opinions of anyone else don't matter.  The fact that Meyer hasn't turned it down means he's thinking hard about it, or we haven't made a serious offer yet.  If he wasn't interested, we would know already.  My guess is that we aren't nearly as far along in the negotiations with him as all of the "insiders" are claiming.  Patience is a virtue. 

Edited by Hairy Biped
I'm a moron
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, dalhorn1 said:

My source?  It’s a source. But what does it matter, since I’m a lunatic aggy (oxymoron, I know). 
I was, and still am,hoping this source is wrong, or I was being lied to. But, I doubt it. 
When it comes to things like knowing bad news, it seems like I have the fast track. 
Keep up with the neg reps, though. I have to plead ignorance- does net rep get me banned from forums?  

Redundant. That's the word you're looking for, not oxymoron.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, perfectchaos007 said:

The KU game could technically get postponed to Big 12 champ weekend, since neither teams will take part in that. Hope I'm wrong and postponement is not an option....

No chance. It’s meaningless. If they can’t play Saturday it’s cancelled 

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

Who gives a shit? Urban was the only sure thing so bust. 

And in 1998 we were Stunned and Pissed that we ended up with Mack Brown.

That went okay.

Remember that we have an actual professional athletic director who is concerned about doing his job well right now, which is something we haven't had since... well, it's been a lot longer than a decade. And to say that he's hired coaches well since he was brought on board is an understatement.

Trust, but verify, but even if UM turns us down, there's good reason to hope.

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic