Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

Get over yourselves.
We are not going to win every game every season. No one does.

If you wanna say Urban’s not coming to Texas over and over, without offering any logical reasons as to why he’s not because you’re only being a pessimistic prick, that’s fine, we’ve accepted that. But if you’re going to come on here and try to tell us to accept the mediocrity and continued down-spiraling of this program under Tom Herman’s watch because “aInT wInNiNg eVeRy GaMe duRRRrR”, then without any due respect at all: go piss up a fucking rope!

It’s not only about losing games you should win, or the barely skating by in the ones we do win, it’s about this fucknut’s incoming recruiting classes that he’s actively fucking up. You think we’re “not winNiN eVeRy GaMe” now? Wait until he’s coaching non top-10 classes, and probably a lot lower than that.

Sorry, Tom, but you’ve gotta go.
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

If you wanna say Urban’a not coming to Texas over and over, without offering any logical reasons as to why he’s not because you’re only being a pessimistic prick, that’s fine, we’ve accepted that. But if you’re going to come on here and try to tell us to accept the mediocrity and continued down-spiraling of this program under Tom Herman’s watch because “aInT wInNiNg eVeRy GaMe duRRRrR”, then without any due respect at all: go piss up a fucking rope!

It’s not only about losing games you should win, or the barely skating by in the ones we do win, it’s about this fucknut’s incoming recruiting classes that he’s actively fucking up. You think we’re “not winNiN eVeRy GaMe” now? Wait until he’s coaching non top-10 classes, and probably a lot lower than that.

Fact is you have no clue if Urban’s gunna be here or not, your brain’s just too chicken shit to explore the possibility and benefits of it. Sorry, Tom.

Wow are you really that stupid?

No way Texas hires a guy like Urban. He is scum and if you have not noticed anything about Texas they will not hire that kind of scumbag for any position which in my opinion is a good thing.

Get over yourself idiot.

No way Texas hires a guy like Urban. He is scum and if you have not noticed anything about Texas they will not hire that kind of scumbag for any position which in my opinion is a good thing.
Get over yourself idiot.

I’m not stupid, I’m just not a scared little bitch and am not ignoring the tea leaves.

4 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

I’m not stupid, I’m just not a scared little bitch and am not ignoring the tea leaves.

Well maybe if we win out and win the BXII you would feel different.

I just know I have been through this crap many times as a Texas fan and changing coaches every 3 or 4 years is a recipe for worse than mediocrity.

I just know I have been through this crap many times as a Texas fan and changing coaches every 3 or 4 years is a recipe for worse than mediocrity.

I’d feel differently if recruiting was up and the team was coached well. It’s not changing coaches every 3 or 4 years that’s the problem, it’s picking the wrong coach every 3 or 4 years. You have an opportunity to pick the closest thing to a sure deal.
  • Hook 'Em 3

20 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

I know! Clearly the secret to success in modern CFB is keeping crappy coaches for 7-8 years.

• Hook 'Em 2

51 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

If you wanna say Urban’s not coming to Texas over and over, without offering any logical reasons as to why he’s not because you’re only being a pessimistic prick, that’s fine, we’ve accepted that. But if you’re going to come on here and try to tell us to accept the mediocrity and continued down-spiraling of this program under Tom Herman’s watch because “aInT wInNiNg eVeRy GaMe duRRRrR”, then without any due respect at all: go piss up a fucking rope!

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Steamboat1874 said:

This...you better hope Herman wins because he is not going anywhere any time soon.

Get over yourselves.

Tom Herman loses to teams like tcu this year and tcu last year every year. That’s unacceptable you stupid fuck. I get it losing to ousux but you damn well better be in the ccg and beat them the next time.  

so far he’s 1-5 vs Oklahoma

Get over yourself idiot.

If Texas won’t hire a Urban Meyer then just burn the fucking program down and we can talk about 2005 and DKR’s time here for the rest of eternity. It will show we aren’t serious about winning and competing with the ousux(class of the conference), Clemson, Ohio states, Alabama’s of the world. 

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

What good does that do? 2022 class is already fucked if we keep Herman. 2021 class is proper fucked. Two recruiting cycles in a row and were missing on every elite offensive linemen in 2021 and ol Herb isn’t looking much better in 2022. So you’re on a prayer we find some diamond in the rough OL that pan out. But we don’t have the complete coaching staff to coach these guys up. 

It's not about changing coaches for the hell of it, it's about Herman being a POS and a loser of a coach at the same time. It's also about the fact that one of the top three best coaches in the game is available without a buyout. If Urban weren't available, Herman would possibly have more of a chance to save his job. He's playing with no margin for error because Urban is an option.

• Hook 'Em 3

I think other people here are looking for more than "mediocrity" though our upcoming recruiting classes suggest that's on the agenda for next couple years unless something changes.

It took our beloved DKR 7 years to allow a black player to hit the field. We still name shit after him, steamboat if you think royal wasn’t a racist asshole then you’re dumb as shit. He did what he had to do at the time to stay successful. What’s the difference with Urban? NCAA lets schools cheat now, he wanted to win so he did what was necessary to win. Everybody has skeletons, some are perceived differently because they are much older. We have had a couple scum bags come across the 40 lol. I’m with the majority here. If we want to win then hire the winner but if not then at least hire a guy who coaches sound football and let’s get in a 8 to 9 win groove for 10 years. Fuck my life 

• Fuck You 7

16 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Darrell Royal coached his first racially integrated team in 1953. With zero complaints of racial bias. 1953.

Now, let's talk about who is "dumb as shit."

And I think most people know I can deliver a few thousand words, with references and citations, on the path of racial integration of athletics at UT. In short, the two schools who were the real problem of racially integrating the SWC were Baylor and A&M. Those two schools were especially insistent that they would not allow black players on an integrated team to participate in any games. Baylor and A&M were notorious for removing parents of black players from the section reserved for parents of athletes and making them relocate to the "blacks only" section.

DKR grew up so poor he didn't have the luxury of being a racist. The perpetuation of the bullshit fairy tale your spewed is reflective of just how little you know about the subject.

Now this is the RD I like to see

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Darrell Royal coached his first racially integrated team in 1953. With zero complaints of racial bias. 1953.

Now, let's talk about who is "dumb as shit."

And I think most people know I can deliver a few thousand words, with references and citations, on the path of racial integration of athletics at UT. In short, the two schools who were the real problem of racially integrating the SWC were Baylor and A&M. Those two schools were especially insistent that they would not allow black players on an integrated team to participate in any games. Baylor and A&M were notorious for removing parents of black players from the section reserved for parents of athletes and making them relocate to the "blacks only" section.

DKR grew up so poor he didn't have the luxury of being a racist. The perpetuation of the bullshit fairy tale your spewed is reflective of just how little you know about the subject.

Julius Whittier was the first black letterman in 1970. 1969 Texas fielded the last all white national championship team. I’m not making shit up or spewing a fairy tale man. He coached in the Jim Crow south. He did what he had to do. If he wasn’t ok with racism he wouldn’t have lasted at Texas. I’m not here to shit on Royal at all, it was just a reference as to why Urban Meyer does what he does and maybe he’s not such a piece of shit. I’m not sure what being rich or poor has to do with being racist. My grandmother was a sweet woman that called black people colored because that’s how she grew up. That’s racist as fuck but a generational culture thing. Not an evil piece of shit thing. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, WinningIsHard said:

Julius Whittier was the first black letterman in 1970. 1969 Texas fielded the last all white national championship team. I’m not making shit up or spewing a fairy tale man. He coached in the Jim Crow south. He did what he had to do. If he wasn’t ok with racism he wouldn’t have lasted at Texas. I’m not here to shit on Royal at all, it was just a reference as to why Urban Meyer does what he does and maybe he’s not such a piece of shit. I’m not sure what being rich or poor has to do with being racist. My grandmother was a sweet woman that called black people colored because that’s how she grew up. That’s racist as fuck but a generational culture thing. Not an evil piece of shit thing. 

To add, didn't A&M field a black player before Texas?  '67, I think?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

This...you better hope Herman wins because he is not going anywhere any time soon.

Get over yourselves.

OK, Mrs. Herman. Who tf ever said TH should be fired because he 'doesn't win every game'? It's a lot worse than that. Seems like you're just fine with mediocrity, or worse. Most of us are not.

2 hours ago, UncleBuck said:

Sorry, Tom, but you’ve gotta go.

Yep.

Again, Herman's teams at Texas have:

- averaged close to 5 losses a year, at 30-17

- gone 3-6 vs Top 10, ...

- 9-11 vs Top 25 

- 21-12 vs Big 12 

- 1-4 vs OU sucks

- 1-3 vs TCU

- 4-9 vs OU, TCU, & OSU

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, WinningIsHard said:

It took our beloved DKR 7 years to allow a black player to hit the field. We still name shit after him, steamboat if you think royal wasn’t a racist asshole then you’re dumb as shit. He did what he had to do at the time to stay successful. What’s the difference with Urban? NCAA lets schools cheat now, he wanted to win so he did what was necessary to win. Everybody has skeletons, some are perceived differently because they are much older. We have had a couple scum bags come across the 40 lol. I’m with the majority here. If we want to win then hire the winner but if not then at least hire a guy who coaches sound football and let’s get in a 8 to 9 win groove for 10 years. Fuck my life 

You sure that's a hill you wanna die on? 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

You sure that's a hill you wanna die on? 

I’m not sure how I got on a hill man. Are we saying our history isn’t a little complicated with how we treated black people in Texas? If that’s what y’all are trying to say to me then yeah I’m done here bro. He won a lot of games so he’s gotta be a saint? I was fucking trying to defend urban Meyer using royal. Ah fuck it. I’ll stick with reading. 

• Like 1

Pay no attention to steamboat, RB and futureman. By claiming Urban isn’t interested and/or Texas isn’t seriously evaluating him, they have zero credibility. Zero.

It all comes down to making the decision to cut Herman loose, whether the numbers work with Meyer, and whether another program gets him first that also hasn’t yet made the call to fire their coach.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

If Texas won’t hire a Urban Meyer then just burn the fucking program down and we can talk about 2005 and DKR’s time here for the rest of eternity. It will show we aren’t serious about winning and competing with the ousux(class of the conference), Clemson, Ohio states, Alabama’s of the world. 

This is exactly it for me.  Texas Football is at a crossroads, where it needs to decide if it wants to actually be a winning program or just pretend to be a winning program. 

Fuck pretending. Just wind the whole thing down if we're not in it to win.

For the record, I do think CDC is in it to win, and will make the necessary decisions ... maybe already has.

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Pay no attention to steamboat, RB and futureman. By claiming Urban isn’t interested and/or Texas isn’t seriously evaluating him, they have zero credibility. Zero.

It all comes down to making the decision to cut Herman loose, whether the numbers work with Meyer, and whether another program gets him first that also hasn’t yet made the call to fire their coach.

you are an uninformed and unbelievable moron and more gullible than an infant.  urban meyer is not coming to texas.  jfc

6 minutes ago, futureman said:

you are an uninformed and unbelievable moron and more gullible than an infant.  urban meyer is not coming to texas.  jfc

I see my wishing that you get anally raped by a pride of fuck lions has not yet come true. But just because it hasn't happened doesn't mean it won't. 

Just noticed iPhone corrected RD to RB. I was referencing Duke.

1 hour ago, WinningIsHard said:

It wasn't Royal's decision whether or not to integrate the SWC. One big problem was not the attitudes at UT, but the fact that Baylor and A&M would not allow any Black players to step on their field. If your players aren't allowed to play away games you have a problem. Getting past problems such as this was a serious impediment to integration. Also, the quality of Black education in Texas was so abominable that Royal had to work to find Black athletes who were capable of handling college-level classes. Racism within the faculty created the problem of Black athletes being academically eligible.

The first Black scholarship football player at UT was Leon O'Neal in 1968. O'Neal lost his scholarship because of academic issues. There were Black athletes at UT as early as 1963, but they were walk-ons.

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

It wasn't Royal's decision whether or not to integrate the SWC. One big problem was not the attitudes at UT, but the fact that Baylor and A&M would not allow any Black players to step on their field. If your players aren't allowed to play away games you have a problem. Getting past problems such as this was a serious impediment to integration. Also, the quality of Black education in Texas was so abominable that Royal had to work to find Black athletes who were capable of handling college-level classes. Racism within the faculty created the problem of Black athletes being academically eligible.

The first Black scholarship player at UT was Leon O'Neal in 1968. O'Neal lost his scholarship because of academic issues. There were Black athletes at UT as early as 1963, but they were walk-ons.

That explains why Leon O'Neal is so slow nowadays...hes old as fuck

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, TexasEx said:

RapGameLarry said some of the 995'ers were hedging on CUM to Texas. Anyone have that? 

Took it has him talking about the few reports we've gotten over the past week and a half or so. His interpretation is they're hedging.

I'm guessing he thinks the information has stopped flowing. Purposely. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Took it has him talking about the few reports we've gotten over the past week and a half or so. His interpretation is they're hedging.

Ya probably that TFB report is what he was talking about. I think its alllllllll smoke

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

6 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Ya probably that TFB report is what he was talking about. I think its alllllllll smoke

Silence is golden.

Loose lips sink ships...

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic