Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

3 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Ya probably that TFB report is what he was talking about. I think its alllllllll smoke

Tend to agree, especially in contrast to the near daily 995er reports we saw over the past few weeks. Our resident thot spotter @hornfromdallas has been quiet too, but he may just have a mouth full of glizzies.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

I just looked at the Rivals list of recruits from Texas and how many are going out of state. I know we cannot get everyone but damn it we need more than what we are getting now, quality wise. I know its has been said the gomers opened the door to Texas, but Herman has got to slam that door or be gone.

• Hook 'Em 1

The reason there's no info flow is that the lines are drawn and all we can do now is watch... and wait. It seems that CDC and #MensaTom had words, after last season and before this one started, and CDC asked for and got a guarantee of a XII championship. Failure was either implicit or actually agreed to be end of story for the coach. Various versions of the agreement disagree as to whether it's enough to just get to the CCG. Either way failure is not certain, yet. Urban's people and CDC's people have met and understand that if and when #MensaTom falls short, the axe falls, the feasting begins. We hope it's soon enough that the 2020 recruiting not only recovers, but becomes a fireball - which may include GT's and covid xfers... but #MensaTom is perverse enough to pull it off, and perhaps assholey enought to not only do so, but resign after.

I think the chances are more than 50-50 that we're celebrating the Urban hire before the end of the season, but I'll be a whole lot easier of mind if #MensaTom manages to lose to one of the Korn Kountry Kolleges, soon. 

Edited by Tex Long

2 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

I just looked at the Rivals list of recruits from Texas and how many are going out of state. I know we cannot get everyone but damn it we need more than what we are getting now, quality wise. I know its has been said the gomers opened the door to Texas, but Herman has got to slam that door or be gone.

I don't think slamming the door is a realistic possibility for any coach at this point. I think CUM would do a much better job than Herman, but even he likely won't lock up the state like Mack used to. A&M fucked us when they ran off to the SEC, and that conference is just going to keep poaching some number of recruits every year from here on out. 

27 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Yes, let me show you some of his great insight. 

What a horrible representation of many of your alma mater's football program. 

I'm embarrassed enough as a Texas fan that doesn't have a degree from the university. What is with the bush-league shots at Alabama? 

Also love "Sam's senior night". It's actually just "senior night" because it's for all of the seniors - not just our starting quarterback. Because, you know, they play on a TEAM together and buy in to making whatever contribution they can to help that TEAM win football games.

15 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

Really?  You can’t connect those dots on your own?

It's actually a reference to

DKE4T2wW4AAYtS1.jpg

Which itself is referring to the running gag in Get Smart...

59965564.jpg

The joke usually being that the delusion/monkey head/codpiece/whatever is so huge, it boggles the mind imagining something even worse.

Of course, we are somewhat less-boggled by the idea of "more delusional." Because, well... you know...

squeeze.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Yes, let me show you some of his great insight. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Tom or Michelle run that account. It's pretty delusional and has gone out of it's way to defend Herman even right after TCU if I remember correctly

I wouldn't be surprised if Tom or Michelle run that account. It's pretty delusional and has gone out of it's way to defend Herman even right after TCU if I remember correctly
It seems professional to me. The kind of thing that Tom would personally hire a PR firm to do. No rational person would put that much effort into pumping up a middle-tier Big 12 team. It smells like paid propaganda.

9 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Darrell Royal coached his first racially integrated team in 1953. With zero complaints of racial bias. 1953.

Now, let's talk about who is "dumb as shit."

And I think most people know I can deliver a few thousand words, with references and citations, on the path of racial integration of athletics at UT. In short, the two schools who were the real problem of racially integrating the SWC were Baylor and A&M. Those two schools were especially insistent that they would not allow black players on an integrated team to participate in any games. Baylor and A&M were notorious for removing parents of black players from the section reserved for parents of athletes and making them relocate to the "blacks only" section.

DKR grew up so poor he didn't have the luxury of being a racist. The perpetuation of the bullshit fairy tale your spewed is reflective of just how little you know about the subject.

TIL that poors can't be racist.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Our buddy rapgamelarry tweeting how the michigan story is bs. Saying it was posted “for a reason.” Okee

First thing I thought of was that story was floated by a Meyer associate to get more out of Texas or another school.  Maybe that’s what he means. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

First thing I thought of was that story was floated by a Meyer associate to get more out of Texas or another school.  Maybe that’s what he means. 

I bet it’s about money for him or maybe bringing in his guys. Urban you have enough leverage

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

TIL that poors can't be racist.

I died on that hill today, in hindsight I’m a moron for how I approached that but “luxury of being racist” is something that will stay with me for a long, long time from ole Randolph’s post. 

Edited by WinningIsHard
Clarification, I’m regarded
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

I bet it’s about money for him or maybe bringing in his guys. Urban you have enough leverage

Man it makes me wonder if the only real impediment to any of this is urban wanting to bring a whole new staff of pipe hitting mother fuckers which makes the buy out steeeeeeeep. If he wants some proven bad asses then I’ll start a gofund me in the Eagle Ford. Make Texas Great Again oughta bring in some donations lol. 

Man it makes me wonder if the only real impediment to any of this is urban wanting to bring a whole new staff of pipe hitting mother fuckers which makes the buy out steeeeeeeep. If he wants some proven bad asses then I’ll start a gofund me in the Eagle Ford. Make Texas Great Again oughta bring in some donations lol. 

I’m guessing they can make the numbers work. The impediment is that Tom is staying afloat at the moment.
  • Rage+1 2

36 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

I died on that hill today, in hindsight I’m a moron for how I approached that but “luxury of being racist” is something that will stay with me for a long, long time from ole Randolph’s post. 

You started by bleating about what a shitbag racist DKR was and I pointed out how little you knew about DKR. If you knew anything about DKR you would understand just how poor he was growing up. And you would understand how that poverty affected him throughout his life. Broke-assed Okies knew what it was like to be at the bottom of the social ladder. Discrimination against broke-assed Okies is what ignited the Texas/OU rivalry. DKR knew what it was like to be treated like shit. He absolutely had no interest ever in putting others through the hate and humiliation he himself had been subjected to. The poverty DKR went through was why he had the humility we know him for having. Humility and racism are at two different ends of the spectrum.

Your argument that "because DKR was a shitbag, Texas can hire Urban (a shitbag) today because Texas does shitbag things" was just fucked up. DKR wasn't a shitbag. Not even close. You should be embarrassed for essentially saying he was.

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 3

You started by bleating about what a shitbag racist DKR was and I pointed out how little you knew about DKR. If you knew anything about DKR you would understand just how poor he was growing up. And you would understand how that poverty affected him throughout his life. Broke-assed Okies knew what it was like to be at the bottom of the social ladder. Discrimination against broke-assed Okies is what ignited the Texas/OU rivalry. DKR knew what it was like to be treated like shit. He absolutely had no interest ever in putting others through the hate and humiliation he himself had been subjected to. The poverty DKR went through was why he had the humility we know him for having. Humility and racism are at two different ends of the spectrum.
Your argument that "because DKR was a shitbag, Texas can hire Urban (a shitbag) today because Texas does shitbag things" was just fucked up. DKR wasn't a shitbag. Not even close. You should be embarrassed for essentially saying he was.

It’s clear it was a bad comparison.
Also clear you haven’t spent much time around many poor impoverished white people in your life.

This discussion is pretty dumb.
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

I’m guessing they can make the numbers work. The impediment is that Tom is staying afloat at the moment.

How can anyone look at this season and believe that? We were pantsed by a 3rd-rate OU team and have looked like chicken poop against everyone else.

1 hour ago, WinningIsHard said:

I don't know jack shit about what he was talking about, but i couldn't just let that lazy bullshit slip by.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TexasEx said:

RapGameLarry said some of the 995'ers were hedging on CUM to Texas. 

no way 👀 

7 hours ago, South Austin said:

He just doesn't want to watch futureman fist himself.

I won’t be fisting myself, and not on camera.  your mom is welcome to come over anytime and go wrist-deep on me though. 

10 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

I concede after this one man, it wasn’t really my argument to tarnish anybody’s legacy. You have a very odd view of morals I think man. My apologies for the derailment. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic