Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

18 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Easier path to the playoffs, recruiting advantages and $$$$. I’m not saying it’s likely but if we were going to pay UM $12M, who would balk at paying Mullen $9-10. He’s making $6M right now and only has a $2M buyout. That’s a big ass raise, I’m sure Florida would match but that’s a tough deal to match...and rumors are he doesn’t get along with the admin there

Oh, and I'm sure it would be much easier to deal with the headaches at Texas when he's already set at a place like Florida.

OK.

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

The best possible outcome at this point is for Tom Herman to leave for the NFL. Whatever shakes out after that is best for both sides. 

Where are you seeing or hearing this rumor? I guess Turtle is comparable to Kingsbury's coaching acumen, but that's debatable. 

3 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Maybe not. If CDC (my boss) was not in my corner, I would want someone who was. Why go to a new job where your boss is not firmly behind you? Fuck that shit.

Meh....CDC's not gonna fuck with UM when it comes to the football program. Not after he's agreed to all of UM's terms regarding staff and facilities. I don't think CDC is a meddler. Too busy kissing UT admin's and BMD's asses.

8 minutes ago, immamac said:

The best possible outcome at this point is for Tom Herman to leave for the NFL. Whatever shakes out after that is best for both sides. 

Tom deserves to go to the Texans. They can buy out his contract and he’ll go back to Houston with his tail between his legs like the Judas he is. 

21 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

Agree 100% that CDC's press release wasn't helpful. Turtle must've begged him for that.

Better to say nothing at all.

Be careful, there are oracles on here that think we couldn't comprehend CDCs statement. Fact is there was no reason to release that stupid vague drivel. I don't know if Herman is gone or not but if he is here come March then CDC needs to be thrown to the curb. I truly hope that CDC got something lined up and we have a new coach come January. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Here all you have to do is worry about OU who as we've seen is very beatable and Riley could jump to the NFL at any moment. Mullen would plunder this conference and beat the hell out of teams he is supposed to the vast majority of the time. 

Show me a loss!!  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Errestaurants said:

Be careful, there are oracles on here that think we couldn't comprehend CDCs statement. Fact is there was no reason to release that stupid vague drivel. I don't know if Herman is gone or not but if he is here come March then CDC needs to be thrown to the curb. I truly hope that CDC got something lined up and we have a new coach come January. 

Does anyone here believe CDC was on the phone talking to recruits recently?

I doubt it, but would've loved to listen in on those conversations. Talk about a political tap-dance.

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Georgia is a competent OC and QB away from being Clemson. Then you have to worry about Bama if you do make it out of the east. Here all you have to do is worry about OU who as we've seen is very beatable and Riley could jump to the NFL at any moment. Mullen would plunder this conference and beat the hell out of teams he is supposed to the vast majority of the time. 

If the SEC East was worth a shit, Mizzou wouldn't have won the division twice.

Agree about the Bama obstacle, at least while Saban's around. I don't see Riley leaving for the NFL.

7 minutes ago, Errestaurants said:

I dunno if you're referring to me, but I never said it was necessary, and I never thought that. I just said it didn't change anything, and it hasn't.

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Georgia is a competent OC and QB away from being Clemson. Then you have to worry about Bama if you do make it out of the east. Here all you have to do is worry about OU who as we've seen is very beatable and Riley could jump to the NFL at any moment. Mullen would plunder this conference and beat the hell out of teams he is supposed to the vast majority of the time. 

So we want a coach who shies away from competition and hasn't won a single championship of any kind as a head coach?

Cool.

10 minutes ago, MrBig said:

Tom deserves to go to the Texans. They can buy out his contract and he’ll go back to Houston with his tail between his legs like the Judas he is. 

Texans fans would not be surprised by that. Not after learning that the chaplain played a part in trading a HOF level WR. It would be so Texans. 

1 minute ago, wood said:

I dunno if you're referring to me, but I never said it was necessary, and I never thought that. I just said it didn't change anything, and it hasn't.

Yea man we all get it nothing has changed. Point is there was no reason for our 7 figured paid AD to release it. That's our point. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Tom Herman to the Dallas Cowboys makes so much sense.

The Jones’s don’t give two shits about winning a championship: Neither does Herman.

Cowboys need a thin skinned knee jerk reactionary coach who blames everyone but the actual person that needs to be blamed: Tom is that guy

Cowboys hydration game is weak sauce: Herman’s hydration plan is next level 3D wetness 

Tom Herman is smart: The Jones’s are more smarter  

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Errestaurants said:

Yea man we all get it nothing has changed. Point is there was no reason for our 7 figured paid AD to release it. That's our point. 

OK, well that didn't ever seem to be the point yesterday with all the crying about the statement meaning we were keeping TH through next season.

1 minute ago, wood said:

OK, well that didn't ever seem to be the point yesterday with all the crying about the statement meaning we were keeping TH through next season.

The point for me is there was no way that bullshit statement was going to calm any recruiting fears. So what was the point? It surely didn't paint a picture that Tom is CDCs guy going forward. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Errestaurants said:

The point for me is there was no way that bullshit statement was going to calm any recruiting fears. So what was the point? It surely didn't paint a picture that Tom is CDCs guy going forward. 

It was made by a bureaucratic hack who still has no idea what exactly is going on with regards to the football program. He should stick to making toasts and fundraising. Fortunately there are adults in the room still who fully understand the gravity of the situation.  

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Errestaurants said:

Yeah I agree it didn't make much sense. It didn't come off as a show of support, wasn't going to change anything, and was never going to help recruiting. It's weird.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Thread is slowly creeping into this kind of territory...

spacer.png

I’m thinking more like Hitler meeting scene with his generals in his last days.  Mien fuhrer, Urban nicht kommen.......

Edited by Horn80
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Errestaurants said:

And the fact that they scrolled every five minutes on ESPN that “Herman will remain the coach at Texas” will make us look even more like a spreading grease fire after we fire him to hire Sonny Dikes.   

• Hook 'Em 2

I honestly think the biggest frustration fans have is with the university's pesky habit of placing academics ahead of athletics, to wit:

"The mission of The University of Texas at Austin is to achieve excellence in the interrelated areas of undergraduate education, graduate education, research and public service."

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic