Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

4 hours ago, AlamoAnon said:

I’ve never posted anything on a message board before but I can’t not share what I learned tonight for the price of a bunch of beers:

Meyer and CDC will meet sometime between 12/25 and 1/1, using the holidays and bowls for cover. The location will obviously not be Austin or Columbus. Meyer’s misgivings have never been about money but about the stress and time commitment outside of football activities, as a health issue. CDC is now offering a laundry list of changes to make the load lighter. New off-field support positions. Reconfigured office space with a quiet meditation area. Restrictions on functions outside normal working hours. This has at least gotten Meyer back to the table after he shut it down almost immediately the first time around. There is no backup plan. It’ll be Urban or Tom in 2021. Either way, Herman will coach the bowl before any announcement is made. 

My “source” is an acquaintance whose spouse is employed in the department. I don’t want to say more than that.

Perhaps a special Surly midnight mass is in order tonight? Night crew - get er done.

5 hours ago, AlamoAnon said:

I’ve never posted anything on a message board before but I can’t not share what I learned tonight for the price of a bunch of beers:

Meyer and CDC will meet sometime between 12/25 and 1/1, using the holidays and bowls for cover. The location will obviously not be Austin or Columbus. Meyer’s misgivings have never been about money but about the stress and time commitment outside of football activities, as a health issue. CDC is now offering a laundry list of changes to make the load lighter. New off-field support positions. Reconfigured office space with a quiet meditation area. Restrictions on functions outside normal working hours. This has at least gotten Meyer back to the table after he shut it down almost immediately the first time around. There is no backup plan. It’ll be Urban or Tom in 2021. Either way, Herman will coach the bowl before any announcement is made. 

My “source” is an acquaintance whose spouse is employed in the department. I don’t want to say more than that.

if this is real (highly doubtful) I bet that secret meeting location will be at Phil knights place or nearby. Time to fire up @derpyhorndog

• Hook 'Em 1

@derpyhorndog you have one job.  

• Hook 'Em 2

While I want to believe I’m afraid this reads like another aggy fan fiction attempt. The “quiet meditation” space pushes it into the unlikely to be real space for me. I just don’t trust a new poster with “sources” at this time. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, ousux said:
16 hours ago, FloridaHorn said:
The thread may die before UM is named coach....the activity has slowed considerably. 

Think people are slowly beginning to realize if Herman coaches the bowl game, he's here through next season.

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, cdain3 said:

Nope we're just patiently for tOSU season to end.

This is it. It's not some mystery, or everyone giving up. I'm as solid on UM coming here as I have been from the start. Personally, I'm posting less the last couple of days because there's still a week or two to go, there's family, and Christmas, etc, etc...

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, wood said:

This is it. It's not some mystery, or everyone giving up. I'm as solid on UM coming here as I have been from the start. Personally, I'm posting less the last couple of days because there's still a week or two to go, there's family, and Christmas, etc, etc...

matthew bingo GIF 

Edited by 90's_Horn

32 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

cdc: here's our offer, $12m/year
Urban: hard pass
cdc: ok, here's our new offer, $12m/year PLUS a special meditation room
Urban: where the fuck do I sign???

To be fair, he also said they are cutting work outside of normal work hours. If your workday goes from 14 hours to 8 hours that’s huge. Plus getting a bunch of lackeys to hand off work to? Fantastic. The only problem is if the UM magic sauce is tied to him working like a dog.

• Hook 'Em 2

To be fair, he also said they are cutting work outside of normal work hours. If your workday goes from 14 hours to 8 hours that’s huge. Plus getting a bunch of lackeys to hand off work to? Fantastic. The only problem is if the UM magic sauce is tied to him working like a dog.

Unfortunately almost every example of true success involves working like a dog, unless you are a government grifter, conman, or social influencer.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Unfortunately almost every example of true success involves working like a dog, unless you are a government grifter, conman, or social influencer.

Wait? Were not actually taking any of what this dude said as being true, are we??? That was the most fake shit I've ever read.

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, bigcigar said:

Smoke screen. I choose to believe the CDC meets Urban next week story.

I choose to believe the bigcigar. After all, he is the bigcigar. Sounds sourcy enough for me. One thing next time bigcigar: don't use "I believe." It is not bossy enough. It is not a declaration of fact.  You are the bigcigar. Stick your big hairy fucking balls on the table like the rest of surly and tell us how smart you are. That is the way we do it here at The Surls. This is how we get all the wonderful things.

Someone please pass this delicious piece of sourced info along to my secretary. I will be in later today to write a piece that millions will read. It will be written with tone and facts based on very highly classified sourced info. That's why I'm the go to guy. That's why I get all the wonderful things.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, AlamoAnon said:

please provide the user id of someone on this board who has been here long enough to be known to the community and knows others "IRL" ("in real life")

you don't need to post that user id in this thread or elsewhere.  the goal is not to dox you.  your anonymity will remain sacrosanct.

you can send it by direct message "DM" (what we used to call "PM"s i.e. private messages), please send the "IRL" vouch to:

@blacklab

or

@immamac

if you do not do this, expect to be considered wishcasting trolling fanfiction and treated accordingly.

we have had a number of drive-by new members claiming shit that does not come to pass.

note that your story is already doubtful because people at the level you cited ("works in the athletic department") would never have the level of detail ("meditation room"?) unless they were on a "need to know" basis due to their job function, in which case you have outed your "source" almost by process of elimination.

in other words, your story smells like bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I’d take the guy in the picture over Urban just for the press conferences with Bohls and the like.  His stare of death at the reporters in TX and just saying “next question” or “we are on to Baylor” would be great.

Definitely BDE. He ain’t losing to fucking Nick Saban.

2 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

please provide the user id of someone on this board who has been here long enough to be known to the community and knows others "IRL" ("in real life")

you don't need to post that user id in this thread or elsewhere.  the goal is not to dox you.  your anonymity will remain sacrosanct.

you can send it by direct message "DM" (what we used to call "PM"s i.e. private messages), please send the "IRL" vouch to:

@blacklab

or

@immamac

if you do not do this, expect to be considered wishcasting trolling fanfiction and treated accordingly.

we have had a number of drive-by new members claiming shit that does not come to pass.

note that your story is already doubtful because people at the level you cited ("works in the athletic department") would never have the level of detail ("meditation room"?) unless they were on a "need to know" basis due to their job function, in which case you have outed your "source" almost by process of elimination.

in other words, your story smells like bullshit.

the a team 80s GIF

I choose to believe the bigcigar. After all, he is the bigcigar. Sounds sourcy enough for me. One thing next time bigcigar: don't use "I believe." It is not bossy enough. It is not a declaration of fact.  You are the bigcigar. Stick your big hairy fucking balls on the table like the rest of surly and tell us how smart you are. That is the way we do it here at The Surls. This is how we get all the wonderful things.
Someone please pass this delicious piece of sourced info along to my secretary. I will be in later today to write a piece that millions will read. It will be written with tone and facts based on very highly classified sourced info. That's why I'm the go to guy. That's why I get all the wonderful things.

f36b90e9a478af90de00a3fdde897e44.jpg

I like to picture Big Cigar like that ^^^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk