Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

24 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Lol

Caddox probably is referring to the “insider” post on orange bloods that is taking off. Says the answer is a firm no with pages of idiots arguing insider credentials. Sua Sponte jumps in with his “it’s not over” according to his source. Many know Sua and can judge for themselves on his credibility.  I will say if he knows something in real time many others would know  as well  

i suspect the OP on orgebloods just took the post from Tiger droppings and used it as their inside info. 

NFL job would explain the abrupt “no” from a few weeks ago after such positive BDE. And I won’t rely on a Shelly Meyer interview to be solid intel. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Day crew riddle this question my mentor Dan Patrick once asked:

would you rather go to a Kenny g concert with Celine dion or a Celine dion concert with Kenny g?

that will answer your question regarding urban or campbell

What day of the week is the concert? That will answer my question as if I want to go or not.  

tv show riddler GIF

Edited by 90's_Horn
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 12/22/2020 at 5:46 PM, closetohumping said:

*Kicked the booze problem

*Knows offense

*Has coached a lot of guys who've made it to the NFL

*Plus recruiter

*Mentored by Saban and Carroll

*I assume he's learned from his past failures.  

*At 46, he's still relatively young.

*while having absolutely no pressure as the offensive coordinator for the greatest coach in the history of college football

10 minutes ago, Cuernavaca said:

Anyone else not able to access the football forum listing on mobile browser? Hasn't worked in like a week for me.

I lost access to the football forum listing for a while when I accidentally tried one of the new views (expanded view I think) and my browser choked on it.  It took some convoluted process I don't fully recall with going to a different browser on a different device and maybe going to the surly homepage to where I could access the view buttons again and changed it back to the classic view.  After I cleared the history and cache on the original device and browser it came back in the classic view and all was good since.  The expanded view is jacked up and I won't be touching it again.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, 90's_Horn said:

What day of the week is the concert? That will answer my question as if I want to go or not.  

tv show riddler GIF

No matinee

4 minutes ago, NoctambulantBrobdingnagian said:

*while having absolutely no pressure as the offensive coordinator for the greatest coach in the history of college football

i would think working for a psycho perfectionist is pressure 

• Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Well this is disappointing and alarming since you’ve always been very bullish about our prospects of landing Meyer from your “inside” sources.

I haven’t heard anything different and am still holding to the same timeline. A guy I wouldn’t expect to know much claims UM shut down the process with us yesterday and then this morning a guy on obloods posted the same thing. I’ve already had two texts from friends asking what happened, so I’m expecting a lot of negative energy today. 

If UM really does tell us to kick rocks I will know shortly. We already dropped the money hammer on him but I’m sure he knows he can squeeze us for more. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Caddox said:

I haven’t heard anything different and am still holding to the same timeline. A guy I wouldn’t expect to know much claims UM shut down the process with us yesterday and then this morning a guy on obloods posted the same thing. I’ve already had two texts from friends asking what happened, so I’m expecting a lot of negative energy today. 

If UM really does tell us to kick rocks I will know shortly. We already dropped the money hammer on him but I’m sure he knows he can squeeze us for more. 

Trust your instinct.

Your guy doesn't know much if he's expecting something to happen this weekend. It's Christmas, for crissakes. Tell your friends to go drink some eggnog.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Blackcat00 said:

Heart Lee was on that team. I was being a little sarcastic with Yates but would be a great game. 

The other name I remember from the '84 Bay City team was 200m sprinter, Joe DeLoach. Article on Hart Lee Dykes

https://vault.si.com/vault/1984/11/12/hart-lee-anything-he-cant-do

Edited by DFW Horn
added link

34 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

The other name I remember from the '84 Bay City team was 200m sprinter, Joe DeLoach. Article on Hart Lee Dykes

https://vault.si.com/vault/1984/11/12/hart-lee-anything-he-cant-do

I had a family member tied to the coaching staff around this time. You should hear the recruiting stories for Dykes. Its bonkers. 

Joe was legit as well. That 10.00 100 was a National Record for decades. 

Our Hall Of Fame and athletes in the 80's is unreal. Gold medalist (Deloach) First Round NFL pick (Dykes) and Gatorade National POY and NBA first round pick (LaBradford Smith)

Edited by Blackcat00
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 12/23/2020 at 9:40 AM, FloridaHorn said:

If you haven't caught something from your Mom by now, asbestos ain't gonna do the trick. 

little known fact is that @South Austin was born the runt of seven in a litter of pups arising from seven sires each with a different sexually transmitted disease

narrator: no, this wasn't even close to being over the line

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

Day crew riddle this question my mentor Dan Patrick once asked:

would you rather go to a Kenny g concert with Celine dion or a Celine dion concert with Kenny g?

that will answer your question regarding urban or campbell

so we don't want either one?

1 hour ago, Caddox said:

I shut down my work life yesterday too, will pick back up Monday

1 minute ago, DFW Horn said:

Kubiag would bring the limpest of aggy LDE, so I don't believe he's being seriously considered. Nice joke, though.

Kubiak should be considered for the Jags job. Jmo. They have cap space and all sorts of draft capital. He knows the AFC and how to function within a dysfunctional organization. They should hire him. 

Urban or Bust! 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

FCB lol fuck this guy

When folks have been asking us about what’s going on with Tom Herman’s job security, I’ve said just let things play out.

That’s because nothing is going to happen before Texas’ Alamo Bowl matchup with Colorado on Dec. 29. After the college football bowl season has concluded, there will be a meeting of the minds involving athletic director Chris Del Conte, UT president Jay Hartzell and regents chairman Kevin Eltife about a final evaluation of the football program’s direction.

It’s at that point either things will get bonkers in terms of a search for a new coach or there will be silence, meaning Herman simply continues as coach in 2021.

Del Conte put out a vague statement supporting Herman right before signing day. When Horns247 asked Del Conte if the statement meant Herman was returning in 2021, Del Conte said, “Yes.”

But Eltife and Hartzell, who strongly supported gauging the interest of three-time national championship coach Urban Meyer beginning back in October, have made it clear since then they want to finish exploring their options before standing pat, sources told Horns247.

Earlier this month, UT’s flirtation with Meyer fizzled when Meyer told UT officials he wasn’t likely to return to college football coaching in 2021 due to health concerns and a changed landscape (i.e. the NCAA transfer portal and the likelihood of a one-time transfer rule).

Sources told Horns247 Meyer has expressed at least a passing interest in the possibility of coaching in the NFL, where there is more of an off-season and no transfer portal.

There has been no indication at this point Meyer would re-consider his stance on being a college head coach if nothing materializes for him in the NFL, sources told Horns247.

We’ve reported Texas spent time researching several coaches while also having conversations with Meyer, including Alabama offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian, Iowa State coach Matt Campbell, Penn State coach James Franklin and Oregon coach Mario Cristobal.

53COMMENTS

A high-ranking university source told Horns247 nothing will happen until the end of the college bowl season, when any coaches Texas might have an interest in would be more willing to talk.

There has been some buzz about Sarkisian and Texas, but the high-ranking university source said Sarkisian isn’t in any kind of pole position at this point.

Buckle up … and Merry Christmas!!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1