Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

FCB lol fuck this guy

Earlier this month, UT’s flirtation with Meyer fizzled when Meyer told UT officials he wasn’t likely to return to college football coaching in 2021 due to health concerns and a changed landscape (i.e. the NCAA transfer portal and the likelihood of a one-time transfer rule).
Sources told Horns247 Meyer has expressed at least a passing interest in the possibility of coaching in the NFL, where there is more of an off-season and no transfer portal.

I’d imagine the “sauce” who told FCB that UT’s flirtation with Meyer had “fizzled” (Meyer’s “Indication”) is the same place where he got the NFL “info” from, which isn’t completely breaking news as his name had come up with the Cowboys search last year etc... It’s not something you’d have to have a source for.
He’s being fed bullshit, and is repeating it, but we already knew that.

What are y’all having for dinner for tonite:

Having scallops, crab cakes , salmon,  fettuccine Alfredo and roasted asparagus and artichoke dip. Trying the seafood route this year. Normally it’s pot roast or ham or turkey. And eggnog. And wine. 

Urban or Bust! Not making any sandwiches tonite bitches. Lol. 

• Haha 1
  • Drool 2

Just now, Nicole44 said:

Having scallops, crab cakes , salmon,  fettuccine Alfredo and roasted asparagus and artichoke dip. Trying the seafood route this year. Normally it’s pot roast or ham or turkey. And eggnog. And wine. 

Got my wisdom teeth pulled yesterday so I think its gonna be Blue Bell and Yogurt lol.  This was such a stupid idea to do it right before xmas

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

That's what got me. Urban Meyer would be all about the transfer portal. Just another way to get kids he wants and get rid on ones he doesn't.

This transfer portal stuff benefits Nick Saban and others like Meyer to a T, encourage guys to leave, pick up someone better and stack the roster.

1 minute ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

That's what got me. Urban Meyer would be all about the transfer portal. Just another way to get kids he wants and get rid of ones he doesn't.

That’s my thinking on this. Which is crystal del conte clear! Our players know about the transfer portal. Our coaching staff the last decade not so much. We seem to be allergic towards using it to our advantage much like TH is allergic to momentum. 

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

Tamales .  Tamales . Tamales and whiskey.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Scooby Doo Drool GIF

• Haha 1

We always get some kind of ethnic take-out on Christmas Eve. This year, it's Japanese. Wife and daughters will have sushi and I'll have tempura and some kind of teriyaki meat.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

That's what got me. Urban Meyer would be all about the transfer portal. Just another way to get kids he wants and get rid of ones he doesn't.

6 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

This transfer portal stuff benefits Nick Saban and others like Meyer to a T, encourage guys to leave, pick up someone better and stack the roster.

6 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

That’s my thinking on this. Which is crystal del conte clear! Our players know about the transfer portal. Our coaching staff the last decade not so much. We seem to be allergic towards using it to our advantage much like TH is allergic to momentum. 

Yeah the better your program is, the more you're gonna think of the portal as a positive, not a negative. Guys like Dabo, Saban, and UM are never gonna see the portal as a detriment. FCB is way off on this, as usual.

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

We always get some kind of ethnic take-out on Christmas Eve. This year, it's Japanese. Wife and daughters will have sushi and I'll have tempura and some kind of teriyaki meat.

We made Italian last Christmas ... my spaghetti, our own version of Randy White Ravioli, etc. We liked it so much we decided to do it again this year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wood said:

Yeah the better your program is, the more you're gonna think of the portal as a positive, not a negative. Guys like Dabo, Saban, and UM are never gonna see the portal as a detriment. FCB is way off on this, as usual.

Everyone is on point here!

FCB is like the teacher on Charlie Brown shows...”Wah wah woh wah wah”

chelsea peretti eye roll GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

1 minute ago, wood said:

Lincoln Riley embraces it. And it’s worked out well for them. I don’t get why we turn our noses down at it. It’s frustratingly stupid. We put all our eggs into the recruit basket and then don’t develop them. 

3 minutes ago, wood said:

I thought Urban hated the transfer portal. I saw in the interview he did with that loser Kirk Barton where UM said he disliked the transfer portal, but Ryan Day loved it so much that he needs to set up a separate department at OSU like Saban at Alabama that focuses solely on recruiting transfers. It seemed like a backhanded comment, but it could also be bullshit if UM said it to someone like Barton.

3 minutes ago, MrBig said:

I thought Urban hated the transfer portal. I saw in the interview he did with that loser Kirk Barton where UM said he disliked the transfer portal, but Ryan Day loved it so much that he needs to set up a separate department at OSU like Saban at Alabama that focuses solely on recruiting transfers. It seemed like a backhanded comment, but it could also be bullshit if UM said it to someone like Barton.

Prob a love/hate thing....loves reaping the rewards with incoming, hates the potential for outgoing uncertainty? 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 1

I’m sure as a CFB observer he doesn’t like the idea. As a coach at a major university sitting near the top I’m sure he wouldn’t mind it so much at all.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, UncleBuck said:

I’m sure as a CFB observer he doesn’t like the idea. As a coach at a major university sitting near the top I’m sure he wouldn’t mind it so much at all.

Yeah I'm sure it's like anything else - how you stand depends on where you sit.

If your program is on a roll, losing difference-makers to the portal shouldn't be a worry.

Gerry Hamilton has said numerous times that UM wanted the Dallas cowboy job last year.

I haven’t watched the interview about his wife saying no to the NFL but didn’t she deny them going to Ohio state too? Don’t remember.

Hopefully it’s all misdirection. Don’t see why they would deny rumors to the nfl though.

Just now, utexas8 said:

Gerry Hamilton has said numerous times that UM wanted the Dallas cowboy job last year.

I haven’t watched the interview about his wife saying no to the NFL but didn’t she deny them going to Ohio state too? Don’t remember.

Hopefully it’s all misdirection. Don’t see why they would deny rumors to the nfl though.

If he has a college only policy then I could see the Cowboys being a job that they would break it for. Jerry is a pain in the ass but it's still the Cowboys. The Jags with Trevor is still the Jags no matter how its sliced. 

51 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Be over at 7.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

Tamales and tequila

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

If he has a college only policy then I could see the Cowboys being a job that they would break it for. Jerry is a pain in the ass but it's still the Cowboys. The Jags with Trevor is still the Jags no matter how its sliced. 

He pretty much said this word for word on live TV. I don't see why people are so skeptical of him going to the NFL.

Homemade chili with beef tenderloin. No dreaded beans. 

Making gumbo most likely.

Dont have my boy until tomorrow.

So, gumbo, whiskey and BDE.

• Hook 'Em 2

Tonight it's smoked pork tenderloin with jalapeno cranberry chutney, twice-baked potatoes, roasted asparagus with pancetta, chocolate cake, Bordeaux, and eggnog.

Tomorrow lunch is Thanksgiving redux-- smoked turkey, cornbread dressing, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, mashed taters, homemade yeast rolls, more Bordeaux, and more eggnog.

Merry Christmas, just a few days now until Urban Meyer is our new head coach.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1