Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

28 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Shellfish count? I love Dragos in NOLA, their oysters are incredible but my favorite thing they took off the damn menu, the crescent city shrimp

Think I saw that place on a food network show.  Those oysters looked amazing

1 hour ago, Rimbo said:

speaking of fishy... what's your favorite fish dish

There’s a Dover Sole at Ouzo Bay in Houston, add the pearl caviar with white wine sauce and tell me it isn’t the best fish dish you’ve ever had. It’s roughly $100 to get that way, so make sure you order it the night before you’re being executed by your wife or neighbor or something, but holy shit. Also, I doubt corona has treated their financials well, so, uh, get there soon.

• Like 1
  • Drool 2

Now personally, my favorite dish is a toss-up between the spiny lobster sashimi I had (once) at Sushi Ota and the fish tacos my wife and I make.

She uses Ritz crackers for the breading, pounded into a powder, then sautées them. Then I make a tomatillo salsa with tomatillos (duh), green hatch chiles, onions, garlic, lime juice, cilantro, salt and cumin. Served in warm flour tortillas. You can add sour cream to make 'em a bit richer if you like, or rice and/or lettuce to help absorb the juice from the salsa, but we usually just do fish, salsa and tortilla straight and they're pretty much perfect.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

4 hours ago, Bevo14 said:

Think I saw that place on a food network show.  Those oysters looked amazing

Last time I went to NOLA Drago’s wasn’t my favorite as they botched my order twice in the same setting.  

Eating oysters on the balcony at The Original French Market Restaurant and Bar was like a little slice of heaven (especially the char grilled). Will go back there in a second when I go back.  Especially when Urban gets the horns back to the Sugar Bowl en route to the promised land. Hallelujah!

Mahi, Grouper, Red Snapper and Wahoo are all at the top of my list for fish entrees.  During a New Year's trip to Cabo while marlin fishing we caught a red snapper on an unattended line.  The snapper was filleted, iced and later that evening a bunch of us took the catch to a restaurant on the pier and the chef cooked it and plated it 4 ways.  Veracruz style, Spicy blackened, citrus mango orange avocado style and one section just salt/pepper/butter style.  Several salsas also.  We then proceeded to watch the Horns beat the the Sun devils in the Holiday bowl.  My most memorable plate of snapper.    Good times. 

Edited by RollLeft
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

Mahi, Grouper, Red Snapper and Wahoo are all at the top of my list for fish entrees.  During a New Year's trip to Cabo while marlin fishing we caught a red snapper on an unattended line.  The snapper was fileted and iced and later that evening a bunch of us took the catch to a restaurant on the pier and the chef cooked it and plated it 4 ways.  Veracruz w salsa style, Spicy blackened, citrus mango orange avocado style and one section just salt/pepper/butter style  We then proceeded to watch the Horns beat the the Sun devils in the Holiday bowl.  My most memorable plate of snapper.    Good times. 

Just woke up but now I want fish for dinner

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Rimbo said:

Now personally, my favorite dish is a toss-up between the spiny lobster sashimi I had (once) at Sushi Ota and the fish tacos my wife and I make.

She uses Ritz crackers for the breading, pounded into a powder, then sautées them. Then I make a tomatillo salsa with tomatillos (duh), green hatch chiles, onions, garlic, lime juice, cilantro, salt and cumin. Served in warm flour tortillas. You can add sour cream to make 'em a bit richer if you like, or rice and/or lettuce to help absorb the juice from the salsa, but we usually just do fish, salsa and tortilla straight and they're pretty much perfect.

Garlic, cilantro, cumin?  3 of my favorite ingredients... you really got my interest here

Fuck Kelly

Yup! It’s like people are counting jerking off as getting laid around here.

Urban or bust. I’m Urban until it’s not. However, we can also entertain select (few) ideas of how to smoke meat, fine bourbons, and the best burgers to name a few.

If, on the other hand, one would like to discuss Kelly, ND and or academic requirements, there is a thread for that somewhere else.

BDE or die!
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Caddox said:

I’ve been called it all in this thread by the little dick dildo crew. Doesn’t mean a thing to the SubUrban freight train headed towards Austin. 

You have been called out for making shit up to get rep. I don’t think that is the same thing. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, RollLeft said:

Mahi, Grouper, Red Snapper and Wahoo are all at the top of my list for fish entrees.  During a New Year's trip to Cabo while marlin fishing we caught a red snapper on an unattended line.  The snapper was filleted, iced and later that evening a bunch of us took the catch to a restaurant on the pier and the chef cooked it and plated it 4 ways.  Veracruz style, Spicy blackened, citrus mango orange avocado style and one section just salt/pepper/butter style.  Several salsas also.  We then proceeded to watch the Horns beat the the Sun devils in the Holiday bowl.  My most memorable plate of snapper.    Good times. 

Your story reminded me of the time that I caught a good size red snapper while on vacation to SPI and took it back to the condo, cleaned it but not filleted, and wrapped in aluminum foil with some butter and put on the grill.  It was one of the best fish dinners I ever ate because the flavor was off the charts good but attribute mostly because it went from deep sea to dinner table in just a few hours.

Edited by Horn80
  • Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, bar said:

You are far too committed to this. Is there something you need to talk about? Pandemic got you down a couple bucks?

I am only committed to truth. the level of delusion in this thread worries me. I am genuinely concerned. it’s time for everyone to accept the reality of the situation. 

28 minutes ago, The Earl of Texas said:

BREAKING NEWS: Urban to Texas... to go 4-8

Oh My, that makes me want Urban more than ever. I would take that over a Tom Herman Mensa presser after a loss. Urban Meyer will never tell how good or bad practice is on Sunday his results on the field the following Saturday will tell you everything you need to know.

Leave Herman on the Riverwalk. 

• Hook 'Em 1