Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

4 minutes ago, GTNY said:

Its so nice of the naysayers to continuously patrol the thread and repeat their opinions. Valuable service you are providing to all! 

Futureman is literally wrong about everything. He's trying to reverse jinx this thing into existance, and i commend him for that effort.

• Hook 'Em 6

34 minutes ago, futureman said:

I am only committed to truth. the level of delusion in this thread worries me. I am genuinely concerned. it’s time for everyone to accept the reality of the situation. 

so you are a concern troll.  It all makes so much sense now...

41 minutes ago, futureman said:

I am only committed to truth. the level of delusion in this thread worries me. I am genuinely concerned. it’s time for everyone to accept the reality of the situation. 

Settle the fuck down Captain Chaos.  We got this.  DUN....DUNNN.....DUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!

IEd0.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

"Finding a place that offers 2 margaritas and an appetizer for $9 is really, really hard."

I cannot wait for those cock suckers at the AAS that try to make a pun out of Herman getting fired after the Alamo Bowl. Something about the Alamo being his last stand or some hack shit

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

I cannot wait for those cock suckers at the AAS that try to make a pun out of Herman getting fired after the Alamo Bowl. Something about the Alamo being his last stand or some hack shit

I'm sure they'll handle being cut out of the circle of information really well, and won't write a bunch of vindictive, negative things about UT as "revenge".

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, The Earl of Texas said:

BREAKING NEWS: Urban to Texas... to go 4-8

The problem is, Mandel is rarely right about anything. Even a monkey could randomly assemble words and  be right 25% of the time. Mandel makes being wrong an art form. He’s the Constanza of college football reporting. 

FWIW (which is not much) Peter King was on Colin just now and Colin brought up the Urban to NFL rumors and Peter said it should give NFL teams caution as he has (a) no real NFL DNA and (b) has “retired” three times in the last decade plus. That he probably wouldn’t be a good fit for those reasons and NFL teams should consider those reasons strongly. That he could just bail if it got too hard in the NFL like Saban instead of gutting it out when it is tough and not as rewarding. That’s what he said. Not that it matters. But lots of folks in that sphere are weighing in on the NFL Urban rumors and don’t think it’s a fit. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

FWIW (which is not much) Peter King was on Colin just now and Colin brought up the Urban to NFL rumors and Peter said it should give NFL teams caution as he has (a) no real NFL DNA and (b) has “retired” three times in the last decade plus. That he probably wouldn’t be a good fit for those reasons and NFL teams should consider those reasons strongly. That he could just bail if it got too hard in the NFL like Saban instead of gutting it out when it is tough and not as rewarding. That’s what he said. Not that it matters. But lots of folks in that sphere are weighing in on the NFL Urban rumors and don’t think it’s a fit. 

giphy.gif

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I am not advocating Urban should go to the NFL. But Jesus Christ that league has given Wade Phillips like 10 head coaching jobs and someone like Mike Fucking McCarthy can get a second head coaching job. Even that ridiculous scrub, Gregg Williams keeps getting opportunities as a defensive coordinator in spite of having no discernible abilities whatsoever. 

The notion that Meyer is not a fit in a league that has proven to hire complete fucking retards repeatedly is kind of laughable to me. 

Edited by Newy25
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I am not advocating Urban should go to the NFL. But Jesus Christ that league has given Wade Phillips like 10 head coaching jobs and someone like Mike Fucking McCarthy can get a second head coaching job. Even that ridiculous scrub, Gregg Williams keeps getting opportunities as a defensive coordinator in spite of having no discernible abilities whatsoever. 

The notion that Meyer is not a fit in a league that has proven to hire complete fucking retards repeatedly is kind of laughable to me. 

I am sure that people who cover the NFL would also be inclined to promote hiring from within the NFL ranks (coordinators) as opposed to college head coaches current and retired. Obviously there is a bias by those that cover the NFL. I have selfish reasons for liking their opinions on this matter at this point. Duh. Lol.

17 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

It's not his aptitude, just the opposite really.  It's his burning hatred of losing in a league where your control over personnel and decisions can be considerably less than in CFB.  A man that laments losing to the point that it is detrimental to his health, coaching in a place like The Jets, etc would send him to an early grave.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1