Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

41 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

The problem is, Mandel is rarely right about anything. Even a monkey could randomly assemble words and  be right 25% of the time. Mandel makes being wrong an art form. He’s the Constanza of college football reporting. 

Yep. Mandel is a fucking regarded moron. One could randomly scribble on their own face with a sharpie, go look in a mirror,  and glean more from that than anything stewie has ever written. 

31 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I am not advocating Urban should go to the NFL. But Jesus Christ that league has given Wade Phillips like 10 head coaching jobs and someone like Mike Fucking McCarthy can get a second head coaching job. Even that ridiculous scrub, Gregg Williams keeps getting opportunities as a defensive coordinator in spite of having no discernible abilities whatsoever. 

The notion that Meyer is not a fit in a league that has proven to hire complete fucking retards repeatedly is kind of laughable to me. 

But they never demanded GM duties and didn't retire when it got tough. They waited to get fired.

9 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

It's not his aptitude, just the opposite really.  It's his burning hatred of losing in a league where your control over personnel and decisions can be considerably less than in CFB.  A man that laments losing to the point that it is detrimental to his health, coaching in a place like The Jets, etc would send him to an early grave.  

Exactly. Which is why UM to UT makes the most sense of all the options. Unless he is done coaching. We have the recruiting base. We have a great platform to make final four or CFP (if they expand) and the ability to run the table with his experience and knowledge. I am not knocking any of the worthy Plan B names at all (Herman needs to go ASAP) but outside of Urban at least on this thread...

98E4794F-7A63-40E9-A804-25D3C4EC34A6.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

Herman will be fired, and 3 months from now people will be on this thread saying that RGL called the Ewers decommit and the Herman firing as proof that he is an insider. LOL

If Urban is hired maybe. That would be 2 for 2. Saying Herman will be fired isn't impressive.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

Herman will be fired, and 3 months from now people will be on this thread saying that RGL called the Ewers decommit and the Herman firing as proof that he is an insider. LOL

he said we should a expect a big time commit to decommit after the Ewers news broke. Didn’t happen. These two are my favorite. 

• Hook 'Em 4

15 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

It's not his aptitude, just the opposite really.  It's his burning hatred of losing in a league where your control over personnel and decisions can be considerably less than in CFB.  A man that laments losing to the point that it is detrimental to his health, coaching in a place like The Jets, etc would send him to an early grave.  

this.   10-6 is a good year in the NFL and can get you the playoffs most of the time.  Kingsbury is going to be an interesting study for the college offensive whiz kid with little HC success to the NFL.  given his background, one loss probably doesn't send him into a tailspin.

Urban wants to control/align everything.  sure he could be the GM too, which adds to all the work.  The NFL is a fucking grind, family life is way secondary.  gonna be interesting to see how long Belichick lasts without Brady.  losing is no fun for guys who have been at the highest level.  even Jimmy and Spurrier found that out.  To that end, it is amazing about how both Jerry and Jimmy had little success after the bottled lightening exploded.  Jimmy seems like he let it go pretty well though.

Urban might go NFL but its a 50/50 proposition if he'd last more than 4 years.  you win, you get worse draft picks, and you get a harder schedule.  college you get the best players and play basically the same teams every year.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

this.   10-6 is a good year in the NFL and can get you the playoffs most of the time.  Kingsbury is going to be an interesting study for the college offensive whiz kid with little HC success to the NFL.  given his background, one loss probably doesn't send him into a tailspin.

Urban wants to control/align everything.  sure he could be the GM too, which adds to all the work.  The NFL is a fucking grind, family life is way secondary.  gonna be interesting to see how long Belichick lasts without Brady.  losing is no fun for guys who have been at the highest level.  even Jimmy and Spurrier found that out.  To that end, it is amazing about how both Jerry and Jimmy had little success after the bottled lightening exploded.  Jimmy seems like he let it go pretty well though.

Urban might go NFL but its a 50/50 proposition if he'd last more than 4 years.  you win, you get worse draft picks, and you get a harder schedule.  college you get the best players and play basically the same teams every year.

There is a case study residing in Alabama right now for a successful CFB coach, the jump to the NFL, then quick jump back to the collegiate ranks and the level of control available and ensuing success for the man able to manage it all at once.

56 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I am not advocating Urban should go to the NFL. But Jesus Christ that league has given Wade Phillips like 10 head coaching jobs and someone like Mike Fucking McCarthy can get a second head coaching job. Even that ridiculous scrub, Gregg Williams keeps getting opportunities as a defensive coordinator in spite of having no discernible abilities whatsoever. 

The notion that Meyer is not a fit in a league that has proven to hire complete fucking retards repeatedly is kind of laughable to me. 

It's not that he isn't as good as those coaches, It's that he won't be able to live with going .500.  He can't live with going .800.  Stewart Mandel may be an idiot (most sports reporters are) but he is correct on this one.

Also I think it’s interesting that Colin has been bringing up the UM to NFL to pretty much all his guests today and what their thoughts are about it (and Colin said bringing it up in the final hour again). But yet Colin had Urban on his actual show when the rumors were rampant about UT and he didn’t ask UM about them. Didn’t have multiple segments on his show about Urban to Texas—or Urban to another college. I find it interesting even if no one else does. Lol. 

• Hook 'Em 4

21 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

he said we should a expect a big time commit to decommit after the Ewers news broke. Didn’t happen. These two are my favorite. 

I can't remember but off the top of my head I think his 2nd tweet here aligned pretty well with someone else decommiting or not picking Texas. Maybe Bowman?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, westexhorn said:

Garlic, cilantro, cumin?  3 of my favorite ingredients... you really got my interest here

ah shit i forgot to mention oregano

oregano, cumin, and cilantro/coriander are the holy Trinity of Rimbo Tex-Mex cooking

garlic is a separate holy thing because it goes in everything

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Also I think it’s interesting that Colin has been bringing up the UM to NFL to pretty much all his guests today and what their thoughts are about it (and Colin said bringing it up in the final hour again). But yet Colin had Urban on his actual show when the rumors were rampant about UT and he didn’t ask UM about them. Didn’t have multiple segments on his show about Urban to Texas—or Urban to another college. I find it interesting even if no one else does. Lol. 

I dunno, some dipshit on Gottlieb this AM said Urban to Jacksonville because he can do the NFL thing and solidify his legacy in No. Fla. I recognized the voice but didn't catch the whole segment so I'm not sure who it was.

9 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I can't remember but off the top of my head I think his 2nd tweet here aligned pretty well with someone else decommiting or not picking Texas. Maybe Bowman?

Pretty sure he was referencing Sanders. All the 9.95ers thought he was the next domino but he was somehow convinced to stay.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I know bowman de-committed a couple weeks prior and if he’s saying that bowman was going to go to Ou then it still wasn’t new information. Or at least information that anyone couldn’t see coming. He’s was more than likely thinking Sanders was going to jump ship which never happened. 

On 12/28/2020 at 1:39 PM, Tex Long said:

The deal is done. It's been done since back around Thanksgiving. Part of the deal is that Urban gets an Assistant AD for Football, to insulate him and be a go-between with the AD. Urban is in charge, including the timing and situation of the Announcement. It is coming, and it will be everything we hoped for. We can speculate why Urban is doing it this way, and what are the elements driving the timing, but it won't do any good, other than giving us all our pleasures of social intercourse.  

This is indeed the BDE we're looking for, but my hope is you'll choose a woman this time for the pleasurable social intercourse.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

Urban is an amazing football coach. He also appears to be a lil bitch attention whore as well.

Still want.

Name a big-time CFB coach who didn't have a strong ego. Hell, it's the only reason for CUM to return to coaching. Try to do it a 3rd time for another team.

He doesn't need the fucking money.

20 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

@Bigbend1812 @Rimbo @wood @Wulaw Horn

to clarify, my use of fetch (fetchiness, etc.) is the "not happening" definition.

used in a sentence: "rapgame is 2nd only to caddox in fetchiness in this thread".  in other words, fake, false, etc.

I know, I'm just messing with you :-).