Jake Smith

FriendofaFriend

1 minute ago, Casual Encounter said:

Sober up. He’s a true freshman who didn’t enroll early and not near the biggest failure on the team. 

I did not say that. But putting him out there when we have other options is ridiculous to me. He obviously is not ready. Give him a year. I do need to sober up though. 

Just now, FriendofaFriend said:

I did not say that. But putting him out there when we have other options is ridiculous to me. He obviously is not ready. Give him a year. I do need to sober up though. 

Why create a thread about an 18 year young man sucking when he’s been one of the team’s top performers overall? If he’s not ready, that’s on the coaches. If he sucks, but is one of the scoring leaders, what does that say about the rest of the team?

No sir, you suck.

• Like 1

This site has odd tendencies with respect to white skill position players. They are either attacked mercilessly and irrationally (e.g., Dylan Haines) or they are treated with kid gloves (e.g., jake smith). There’s not much of a middle ground.

He's a true frosh, he's going to make mistakes. He came from Arizona hs football to playing against men who for the most part were all stars on their teams. He'll get better. I think the coaches need to work with him more, but he'll get better. Not everyone is a AJ Green, Rondale Moore impact player immediately. He's shown flashes, and that bodes well for the future if he decides to stay. 

• Like 1

This site has odd tendencies with respect to white skill position players. They are either attacked mercilessly and irrationally (e.g., Dylan Haines) or they are treated with kid gloves (e.g., jake smith). There’s not much of a middle ground.
Show other examples of these tendencies of white players on this site.

Otherwise STFU with your racist bullshit.
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Show other examples of these tendencies of white players on this site.

Otherwise STFU with your racist bullshit.

You really don't remember all the posts like, "I want to feel kind of lukewarm about Case McCoy but he's so white I'm behind him 100%."

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, CDAK said:

Nothing irrational about Dylan Haines sucking balls

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CDAK said:

Lol at Dylan Haines as a skill player 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

He's a true frosh, he's going to make mistakes. He came from Arizona hs football to playing against men who for the most part were all stars on their teams. He'll get better. I think the coaches need to work with him more, but he'll get better. Not everyone is a AJ Green, Rondale Moore impact player immediately. He's shown flashes, and that bodes well for the future if he decides to stay. 

Exactly, this thread is retarded. 

• 2 weeks later...

I posted in the game thread that I watched him for a lot of the game. For most of the game when we were on D, he sat with Casey Thompson and Malcolm Epps. They sat away from the other offensive players. When we were on O, he stood by them or by himself on the sidelines.

He went in for a few plays at the start of the 2nd drive in the 2nd half. During the plays that he was in, Sam only targeted Collins and Duv, didn't look Smith's way.  He went out a couple of plays into the drive and didn't see the game again. 

He's either in the doghouse or is transferring. He did seem excited when got called into the game. Had a few helmet slaps from others when he was going into the game. 

I'm getting negged today? After multiple outings of either being a liability or not doing shit? I may have been drunk when I started this thread but the people that think he deserves the attention he got in the first half of the season are mentally incompetent. Look, I'm not saying he will suck forever... I actually think he will develop into a badass... but for now, he doesn't deserve the attention he had been given up to this game. This game is what he deserves... get him out there but don't give him a large part of the target share. Let him develop.

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

He's either in the doghouse or is transferring. He did seem excited when got called into the game. Had a few helmet slaps from others when he was going into the game. 

This was basically why I was asking.