Jake Smith

FriendofaFriend

Folks might be overreacting....

Jeff Howe (7 hrs ago):  

• "There has been nothing regarding a potential Jake Smith transfer that's come up on our radar."
  • "That we're not even to the Oklahoma game and we're already into the silly season stuff that's typically reserved for the winter."

41 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Jeff Howe (7 hrs ago):  

• "There has been nothing regarding a potential Jake Smith transfer that's come up on our radar."
  • "That we're not even to the Oklahoma game and we're already into the silly season stuff that's typically reserved for the winter."

Is it really an over reaction when Anthony Cook bounces in and out of the portal, Foster quits and rejoins the team, Watson already went in the portal after a loss, Bowman decommits after a year...feels like more of a pattern of shit haha

Edited by taybo20
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Jeff Howe (7 hrs ago):  

Well, the season is very silly. 

8 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Don’t know how to say this without just setting off the panic alarms, but Smith just deleted all of his Instagram pictures and bio related to Texas.

Probably tired of making big 40 yard catches on 3rd down then getting them called back for phantom OPI in this shit conference. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

I am really starting to dislike this team, just their overall vibe is one of "Charmin-esque" billoweyness

Yeah I'm sitting over here struggling to think of guys that I would be torn up if they left at this point. You don't want to play for Texas? There's the door. Maybe we get kind of thin for a couple years or lose some recruits, oh well. How many fucking programs now have shown us it isn't about star ratings? TCU, Okie Lite, Baylor, ISU, KSt have all been consistently whipping our ass without a bunch of 4 and 5 stars in the locker room. 

Texas may have slid as a program but it still recruits itself. Get guys that want to come here because of the football tradition and want to win instead of kids that fall for the allure of Austin. We aren't hanging with Clempson or Bama anytime soon anyway. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yeah I'm sitting over here struggling to think of guys that I would be torn up if they left at this point. You don't want to play for Texas? There's the door. Maybe we get kind of thin for a couple years or lose some recruits, oh well. How many fucking programs now have shown us it isn't about star ratings? TCU, Okie Lite, Baylor, ISU, KSt have all been consistently whipping our ass without a bunch of 4 and 5 stars in the locker room. 

Texas may have slid as a program but it still recruits itself. Get guys that want to come here because of the football tradition and want to win instead of kids that fall for the allure of Austin. We aren't hanging with Clempson or Bama anytime soon anyway. 

Kasey Studdard on the radio this morning talked about how the defense doesn't seem to have anybody that really gets after people -- no dominant players at any positions.  

Just look at the tcu game -- Not sure why this team didn't play more physically and focused after such a poor showing against TECH.  Where the FUCK are the damn leaders an DAWGS on this roster??

Aren't they tired of losing??

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Kasey Studdard on the radio this morning talked about how the defense doesn't seem to have anybody that really gets after people -- no dominant players at any positions.  

Just look at the tcu game -- Not sure why this team didn't play more physically and focused after such a poor showing against TECH.  Where the FUCK are the damn leaders an DAWGS on this roster??

Ossai is the only one I can think of. Even Sterns has been disappointing although I think his heart is still in it and he's trying. 

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

we need more dawgs, less cats

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ossai is the only one I can think of. Even Sterns has been disappointing although I think his heart is still in it and he's trying. 

Ossai has almost disappeared so far this season. His name has been called a few times this year but after last season, I would’ve expected him to be a headhunter and not just the warm body he’s been so far.

7 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

These were the exact criticisms of the team back in 2012/2013 during Mack's farewell tour. Nothing has changed since then. The country club atmosphere, the softness, and the overwhelming sense of entitlement permeate the team. Outside of Ehlinger, Moore, and Ossai, who are the hungry players on the team? 

When you look at Alabama, Clemson, and Ohio State, you can see the players act like professionals. They hold each other and themselves accountable. That has become automatic in those programs. When I look at Texas, I see us closer to and intramural squad than professionals in terms of team attitude. Players are celebrating after giving up a first down play. Everyone is just looking for their participation trophy. This all falls back on our little league leadership.  

Edited by USNALonghorn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

Just now, LTtxfan said:

Coburn plays hard too...

Lot's of guys play hard.  They are under-coached, under-developed, and often out of position.  That's coaching.  Funny how we get HS studs, some who make it to the NFL, only to return to a status and efficiency of play expected when recruited.  Players are not being developed and it shows on the field.  

6 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Kasey Studdard on the radio this morning.

Studdard and many others on that team?  Badasses who didn't take shit but loved to dole it out. 

And then I chuckle when thinking of the entitled players on this team that scream softness. 

Different zip codes. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Do you even watch the games? Ossai had 11 tackles, 3.5 TFL, 1 sack and a forced fumble against TCU alone. He was not just a warm body.
He also was inches away from two strip sacks against Tech. 

Yeah, I was about to say.  He's constantly pressuring the QB, and has been inches from several major plays.  Even with all that he's put up good numbers too.

9 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Studdard is not very fond of this team. 

Studdard played on teams that struck real fear in other teams.  Bad asses who didn't accept mediocrity from themselves or anyone else on the team.  

This current team in comparison to Studdard's teams?.  Lulz.   It leads the the nation in social justice reform but that's as close to finishing on top as this team will come. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Play hard, just not TOO hard or you will make a big hit and get thrown out of the game. Look at Iowa State Gerry Vaughn or our Juwan Mitchell.

Dr_Pepper_Big_12_Football_Championship.p

Smith was targeted 7-8 times with 6 receptions and a crucial absolute bitch made drop. If that isn’t enough for him, he’s a pussy. Given this and the talk of him being upset about targets last year with 4 TDs as a freshman I think it’s safe to say he’s your typical Scottsdale white kid.

Edited by Hank_Hill
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Do you even watch the games? Ossai had 11 tackles, 3.5 TFL, 1 sack and a forced fumble against TCU alone. He was not just a warm body.
He also was inches away from two strip sacks against Tech. 

Right. He's been our best player on D. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Smith was targeted 7-8 times with 6 receptions and a crucial absolute bitch made drop. If that isn’t enough for him, he’s a pussy. Given this and the talk of him being upset about targets last year with 4 TDs as a freshman I think it’s safe to say he’s your typical Scottsdale white kid.

yep. the receiver depth chart should be:

Eagles - Black - Schooler - Moore

Our tight ends have been pretty shitty, aside from one big catch from Wiley, and that onside kick recovery from Epps. Just keep the guys that play well out there. 

I have zero trust in Jake Smith or Jordan Whittington, Kai Money has been doing more it seems.

45 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

There is plenty of criticism for the coaches, and it is all legitimate, but we've sucked for a decade because most of the kids we recruit are %^&ing **ssies, especially in the trenches.

If we could get 70% of them to go into the portal, we'd be much better off. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Zeus said:

yep. the receiver depth chart should be:

Eagles - Black - Schooler - Moore

Our tight ends have been pretty shitty, aside from one big catch from Wiley, and that onside kick recovery from Epps. Just keep the guys that play well out there. 

I have zero trust in Jake Smith or Jordan Whittington, Kai Money has been doing more it seems.

Wiley had two good catches... Agree keep the better players on the field more!!!

5 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

I mean, he’s a good player and was crucial in the last game not being worse than it was. But I don’t think he brings enough to the table to warrant dealing with this shit.

Agreed.  These fuckers don’t even win.  I don’t want to hear any more bitching out of them.  Just leave if you’re gonna be a big fat pussy crybaby.  We have enough of those and I’m ready for many of them to just gtfo.  These guys have no pride.  It’s unbelievable.

• Hook 'Em 1

Who knows if this means anything or not but in terms of performance..the guy is basically a freshman who just started his first game ever. Let's have some patience on mistakes like missed blocks and drops. In a year or two he'll be a stud IF he's actually bought in

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

There is plenty of criticism for the coaches, and it is all legitimate, but we've sucked for a decade because most of the kids we recruit are %^&ing **ssies, especially in the trenches.

If we could get 70% of them to go into the portal, we'd be much better off. 

Agree that much better play in "the trenches" for the HORNS is needed right now -- would solve a lot of the problems with this current team. 

I feel like this current team needs to watch this video over, and over, and over, and over again!!

Fastest way for TEXAS to return to winning B12 Championships and CFP appearances would be thru elite OL/DL play.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Who knows if this means anything or not but in terms of performance..the guy is basically a freshman who just started his first game ever. Let's have some patience on mistakes like missed blocks and drops. In a year or two he'll be a stud IF he's actually bought in

That would probably be the case if he was responding to coaching and criticism of these mistakes in a productive manner instead of (allegedly) acting like a cunt. Last year with Meh is understandable but Coleman is by most accounts very well liked.

Edited by Hank_Hill

15 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Can't tell if serious. 

If so, #partoftheproblem