2019-20 EFL Cup (League Cup (Carabao Cup))

Huckleberry

37 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Uh that's not nice

https://streamable.com/xvak4

yeah that's bullshit. i'm no huge mathieu debuchy fan (we signed him to replace Sagna, his countryman and a much better RB so i was never thrilled to have him in the first place), but his career was completely derailed by a foul similar that when he was at Arsenal. pushed from behind into the stand and broke his collarbone. never got his place in the team back, never got his place in the French NT back, and only played a handful of games at the top flight ever again. shit like that should come with a lengthy ban. 

Agreed, that is horseshit that should be heavily punished. Also, the quarters:

12/17

Manchester United vs. Colchester United - Colchester United attempts to take out yet another second-tier Red Devils squad. We're all counting on you, guys.
Oxford United vs. Manchester City - Obviously everyone here is pulling for City.
Aston Villa vs. Liverpool - RamjetFTW. See what I did there? Seriously pulling for the Villans but not out of any dislike for Liverpool. 'Pool will get their trophies this season, let AV win something you turds!

12/18

Everton vs. Leicester City - I am not interested in this match in the slightest. Good luck to both squads.

Agreed, that is horseshit that should be heavily punished. Also, the quarters:
12/17
Manchester United vs. Colchester United - Colchester United attempts to take out yet another second-tier Red Devils squad. We're all counting on you, guys.
Oxford United vs. Manchester City - Obviously everyone here is pulling for City.
Aston Villa vs. Liverpool - RamjetFTW. See what I did there? Seriously pulling for the Villans but not out of any dislike for Liverpool. 'Pool will get their trophies this season, let AV win something you turds!
12/18
Everton vs. Leicester City - I am not interested in this match in the slightest. Good luck to both squads.
Villa might advance by forfeit...no room in schedule and conflicting matches already on schedule...mainly club world cup in Qatar

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

THE QUARTERS HAVE ARRIVED DROP WHATEVER YOU'RE DOING AND FOCUS

Aston Villa and Liverpool are battling for the glorious honor of advancing to the semifinal stage.

... and holy crap!  I had a work call and couldn't join until just now...  Villa 2-nil in the 27th minute!

What a disastrous half for the proud Liverpudlians. Unless they can rally to one of the greatest comebacks in the history of the sport, it seems their Cup run is over.

A sad result that would completely nullify any good feelings about other accomplishments they may win this season.

#LEAGUECUP4LYFE

4 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:
47 minutes ago, RamjetFDO said:
Okay, essentially the Liverpool Under 23s against a completely different Villa squad that started last weekend in the EPL.

Liverpool u19....

It's the U23s, per the announcers.  Not my fault the average age is around 19.  ;)

'First class' - Liverpool boss can't believe what Aston Villa did after 5-0 thrashing

Critchley, Liverpool's under-23 coach, revealed Villa boss Smith and assistant head coach John Terry made a special appearance in the away dressing room after the final whistle.

"I've got to say that the conduct of the Aston Villa players all night was first class - the way they played the game and the way they looked after our boys," Critchley told Sky Sports.

"For Dean and John Terry to come in and say the things they did to that group of players in there...

"They just said how difficult they made it for them and that we'd got some really good player, to keep going and good luck.

"They wished us all the best for the future, and it will be a moment I remember and the players remember for the rest of their lives, I think."

Classy.  I like it.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You are now my sworn enemy, sir.

And the stands were empty because the fans were too nervous to watch it live. That kind of thing happens when you're talking about the most prestigious competition in the history of competitions. (Although it looks like that tweet was an hour before kick)

Edited by Huckleberry

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...