Texas Football Podcasts, Press Conferences & Interviews Thread

LTtxfan

On 9/28/2021 at 8:48 PM, LTtxfan said:

Josh Thompson and and Xavier Worthy Media Availability [Sept. 28, 2021]

Very interesting...I wonder why this was taken down by the account?  One of them must have said too much...I listened to the Worthy piece and don't recall anything surprising.

2 hours ago, Hozz said:

Very interesting...I wonder why this was taken down by the account?  One of them must have said too much...I listened to the Worthy piece and don't recall anything surprising.

Josh Thompson did seem a little off -- wonder if video was filmed right after he suffered his concussion ???  

You might be on to something -- maybe something was said that might tip toads about the gameplan ?? 

Edited by LTtxfan
typo

Scipio Tex -- Everyone Gets a Trophy Podcast

"Why Does QB Make Us Crazy?"      (Oct 4th, 2021)

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/why-does-qb-make-us-crazy/id1479624200?i=1000537537343

Paul and Kevin discuss Texas breaking through the Purple Haze of TCU's recent dominance. Bijan Robinson and Anthony Cook get game balls for their effort in the 32-27 win. The emotional backlash to any critiques of Casey Thompson's play in Ft Worth force a broader question: what is it about the QB position across all teams that pushes fans to such tribalism, binary thinking, and general madness? Analysts can eviscerate the play of any other position with no pushback or accusations of agenda, but moderate straightforward critiques of a preferred signal caller elicit deep passions. The guys try to figure it out. Then it's on to breaking down Oklahoma. HATE WEEK! What previous stops have prepared Sark for this rivalry?

Anyone ever heard him say "We realize the standards at the University of Texas."

Beard, Vic, Pierce, Elliott, and Reese say it.    Sure he goes thru the cliche of fan appreciation, need to play better, my job, my fault,  but does he realize where he is or does it matter  ?

1 minute ago, torre said:

Anyone ever heard him say "We realize the standards at the University of Texas."

Beard, Vic, Pierce, Elliott, and Reese say it.    Sure he goes thru the cliche of fan appreciation, need to play better, my job, my fault,  but does he realize where he is or does it matter  ?

When he goes out to dinner and folks start to mumble, groan and giggle he will realize where he is at and I doubt the honeymoon pats on the back are still coming. Maybe the pat on the back followed by "Though break really wish your kids would been rewarded with a win but seems like the other team adjusted......<long pause>...better luck next time."

28 minutes ago, torre said:

He's said it before the season started.  He referenced the director's cup and how many of the other texas programs are excellent (maybe except basketball) at what they do and acknowledged that being the standard here at Texas.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, westexhorn said:

He's said it before the season started.  He referenced the director's cup and how many of the other texas programs are excellent (maybe except basketball) at what they do and acknowledged that being the standard here at Texas.

this.  he said it multiple times and I don't doubt that he understands the expectations.  I'm sure his expectations are the same.  whether he can do anything to meet them is another story.  

to be fair, I think he does as good a job in a presser as I can expect.  its mostly coach speak but he is much better at it than the last 2 guys who were basically lost a the microphone.  maybe this can bode well for recruiting.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Tx_2_Sc85 said:

Sounds like when he got here he thought he had a brand new dozen of Titleist Pro V1x, now that he’s digging into them he’s found that it’s just a few top flites and used range balls. 

lots of Chrome soft but he does have one Pro V1x

• Hook 'Em 1