Apple TV+

Lobwedgephil

Been watching SEE 

anyone else see? lol

bunch of blind folks.... fight and battle scenes been entertaining - im on episode 4 of season 1  

I’m five episodes into season one and don’t know if I’ll stick with it. I’m only this far because I loved Sylvia Hoeks so much in Blade Runner 2049.

But yeah, the main premise is hard to swallow. I assume that not too long after the whole world goes blind everyone would just be dead.

It does look amazing.

1 hour ago, Buzzrock said:

I’m five episodes into season one and don’t know if I’ll stick with it. I’m only this far because I loved Sylvia Hoeks so much in Blade Runner 2049.

But yeah, the main premise is hard to swallow. I assume that not too long after the whole world goes blind everyone would just be dead.

It does look amazing.

I took a break after 6. Been a week since I went back 

• 2 months later...
30 minutes ago, Noah Fence said:

I thought it was good.  Just found out last night that it is the sequel/prequel to "How to be a Latin Lover."

I read something similar.. but more "inspired by " than actual sequel/prequel

A LOT of similar names... maximo, memo, don pablo, julia, chad, nora, hector, lupe

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/17/2021 at 8:52 AM, atomheartbevo said:

Foundation drops next week.  

I listened to the audio book recently and was struck by how weird this trilogy is. Not particularly well written, but driven by this oddball, bastardized vulgar Marxism (the insuperable “Seldon Plan”).   Had no idea that Asimov was a commie. 

"After Party" is a pleasant surprise.  Cast is funny and has good chemistry together...only watched first two.  Not sure if the premise is funny enough to grind our several more "interviews"/episodes.  

Watched a couple of "For All Mankind."  Completely forgot about that show after Gandorf intro'd it on here years ago.  Dig it so far but some of the episode descriptions of future episodes make it sound like a Jerry Bruckheimer movie. 

I came here to ask thoughts on "Severance."  Ben Stiller project coming out in a couple of weeks.  Cast has four of the funniest comedic actors of our time-Chris Walken, Adam Scott, John Torturro, Zach Cherry, and even the gay Puerto Rican from "Seinfeld."  It's hard to tell how much of a dark comedy it'll be from the trailers I saw this morning during Opening Ceremonies.  It also has a 1984 workplace dystopian thriller vibe to it. 

We're gonna be done with Ted Lasso by the end of the weekend and really need something funny to watch now that we cut the cord.   

Edited by Lobo

Jean-Ralphio/Yasper seems like the ultimate wingman.  He's always upbeat and down to clown.  This country would be unstoppably confident if we had 100 more like him.

On 8/13/2021 at 9:27 PM, YChang said:

Coda

Very paint by the numbers movie that tugs at the heartstrings. But it does it very well. Worth checking out with the family.

On 8/13/2021 at 11:22 PM, kingkoopa6 said:

Just finished Coda 

i love it. 
Perfect movie to play with your heart 

the dad is my favorite. 

I died during helmet on your solider scene. hahaah 

On 8/14/2021 at 5:38 PM, 4th&Five said:

+1 on Coda. Scene at doctors office was good too. 

CODA - Oscar Nominee 

🤘

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Radical Larry said:

Watched the first two episodes, and it's out there, but I like it. 

It looks "out there" when Walken is the most grounded character in your trailer.  I'm gonna watch it either way, but wife wants something funny too (even it's twisted/dark humor).  Is it funny???

It looks "out there" when Walken is the most grounded character in your trailer.  I'm gonna watch it either way, but wife wants something funny too (even it's twisted/dark humor).  Is it funny???

A few moments here and there? But probably not what your wife is looking for.

But also really digging it after 2 episodes.

Well, I'm not what she's looking for either, but here are...16 years later.  

She likes bleak comedies as much as I do, but she just wanted to find something to satiate us until Better Call Saul returns.  I think I'm gonna watch "Severance" alone though based on the vibe I'm getting from y'all.  And we'll continue with "After Party" in the meantime as far as together-viewing.  

Enjoying both Severance and Suspicion.  I am afraid the suspicion payoff is going to be some kind of Manchurian Candidate thing which I am not thrilled by.  But enjoying the show thus far.

I like how Severance has explained the inanity of its premise to make it seem quasi-plausible, so long as the "outie" has bought into it.  Like HG said, it's like black mirror, particularly the John Hamm episode where they capture your personality virtually to be your own personal "Alexa" by torturing it into submission.  Interesting ethical dilemma.  I need to go back and watch Black Christmas.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, ajax said:

Afterparty is pretty good, but not Lord & Miller's best work. We're looking forward to the finale though. 

I wanna see that fake Hall & Oates biopic.

They dropped the finale a day early, so we just finished it. 

Overall enjoyed it.  It's not essential viewing, but worth a watch if you want a fun and easy watch.  The great cast carries it.   

On 3/3/2022 at 9:37 AM, ajax said:

Afterparty is pretty good, but not Lord & Miller's best work. We're looking forward to the finale though. 

Started it last night...think I got thru ep 3 Yasper.  Pretty funny parts and cast.

I gave up on Suspicion for awhile...will wait until it's all available.  

19 hours ago, Stringer said:

They dropped the finale a day early, so we just finished it. 

Overall enjoyed it.  It's not essential viewing, but worth a watch if you want a fun and easy watch.  The great cast carries it.   

Pretty much this. Enjoyable ending but nothing earth shattering. Just funny 

On 3/3/2022 at 9:37 AM, ajax said:

I liked the clip from the H&O biopic.  "You sing high and I'll sing the same high".  

• 3 weeks later...