Apple TV+

Lobwedgephil

On 6/8/2022 at 12:29 PM, 4th&Five said:

On 7/23/2022 at 10:05 PM, Buzzrock said:

Man Paul Walter Hauser is CREEPY as serial killer Larry Hall. Black Bird is really good. Too bad it’s only going to be six episodes.

Burnt thru the 6 episodes in 2 days. Really good series and Hauser has already won the Golden Globe and you have to think he will take the Emmy as well. I can't get over that he plays Stingray in Cobra Kai and then this character. Pretty good range.

It was a challenge to not google Larry Hall while watching the series but I didn't want to be surprised.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/15/2023 at 7:54 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Been watching Shrinking and decided to quit. It’s one of those stories where the characters do not speak or act like anyone I’ve ever met.

This is pretty much verbatim what I told someone a few days ago. If it's Anchorman or something that's one thing but I think we're supposed to take this seriously. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, semitired said:

No one can complete a sentence without the word fuck in it. I find that very lazy.

6 hours ago, Red Five said:

This is pretty much verbatim what I told someone a few days ago. If it's Anchorman or something that's one thing but I think we're supposed to take this seriously. 

Another negative on shrinking is that I can’t watch christa miller. The work on her face distracts from her acting. You have to wonder if there’s a reason she only appears on shows produced by her husband.

• Hook 'Em 1

I like Shrinking.  Ted Lasso, Scrubs and Cougar Town don’t have realistic dialogue/characters either but they are all fun.  It’s like people forgot who created this show   

The dude that plays Sean is great.  Agree Christa Miller is giving off Jason Stoltz Mask vibes….  Or maybe Richard Kiel?   I dunno.  She looks weird. 

Edited by A-Tex Devil
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Red Five said:

Anyone started Hello Tomorrow yet? 

i watched the 3 that dropped.  i like it ok but having trouble figuring out why i don't like it more.  it's a little cartoonish considering some of the themes they're trying to work through.

did anyone watch bad sisters?  we finished it over the weekend, which is no small accomplishment.  i need someone else to have watched it so we can discuss it.

21 hours ago, A-Tex Devil said:

Agree Christa Miller is giving off Jason Stoltz Mask vibes….  Or maybe Richard Kiel?   I dunno.  She looks weird. 

What I'm about to type is 100% the truth.

I've seen two episodes of Shrinking - about 2 weeks apart.  At the end of the first episode, I saw the title card for Christa Miller.

My first through upon seeing that was "well maybe she'll be in episode 2".

Then, I saw episode 2.  No Christa Miller.  Hadn't thought about the show since because I was not all that enamored by it.  One of those "I'll get around to finishing it later".

It was only seeing this thread that I realize now that Christa Miller was in the first scene of the first episode, and every third scene after that.

Holy shit, what a truly horrifying transformation.  I may not watch another episode.

On 2/15/2023 at 4:24 PM, henrygandorf said:

you hush your face that movie is fucking great and still hilarious.

John Candy racquetball scene was great.

17 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

did anyone watch bad sisters?  we finished it over the weekend, which is no small accomplishment.  i need someone else to have watched it so we can discuss it.

Yes.  A while ago.

58 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

What I'm about to type is 100% the truth.

I've seen two episodes of Shrinking - about 2 weeks apart.  At the end of the first episode, I saw the title card for Christa Miller.

My first through upon seeing that was "well maybe she'll be in episode 2".

Then, I saw episode 2.  No Christa Miller.  Hadn't thought about the show since because I was not all that enamored by it.  One of those "I'll get around to finishing it later".

It was only seeing this thread that I realize now that Christa Miller was in the first scene of the first episode, and every third scene after that.

Holy shit, what a truly horrifying transformation.  I may not watch another episode.

It’s like she’s trying to look like Robert Z’Dar

3 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Yeah at this point the setting has nothing to do with the story. May as well be in Kansas City selling condos in boca raton.  Other than maaaaaybe travel is a lever that gets pulled to some effect- already has a little bit. 

it's your basic monorail-based ponzi scheme.

On 2/20/2023 at 6:32 PM, henrygandorf said:

i watched the 3 that dropped.  i like it ok but having trouble figuring out why i don't like it more.  it's a little cartoonish considering some of the themes they're trying to work through.

I've watched the first three episodes of Bad Sisters and am enjoying it. Good music, John Paul's indeed a prick, poor dog.

Edit: I dig Bono's daughter.

Edited by bolverk
  • Hook 'Em 1

We watched Bad Sisters a couple of months ago. My wife really enjoyed it (possibly concerning) and I liked it but not as much as her. I am in on anything Sharon Horgan.

Just how evil JP was did stretch the bounds of believability at times. Maybe I am overly optimistic of our fellow man.

7 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

my wife was like, "oh yeah, that's bon jovi's daughter" and i knew what that meant and i know what correcting her gets me so i just left it alone.

Yeah, my ex-wife was like that too. She should've been a lawyer instead of a librarian.

On 11/28/2022 at 8:02 PM, YGIFS said:

Yeah, between my post and your post...somebody got their shit together at digital media relations.  First two drop 12/2, last one on 12/30.  Meaning, burning another free 7-day trial on Christmas Day night and watching all 6 and canceling night of finale 12/30. Should work out swimmingly even with the bowl game.  

At this point, are they still tip-toeing with another 6-episode arc for fear of cancellation after S.2?  I know a compressed season can feed a narrative.  Great way to end the year though series-wise.  

They're starting to teeter towards putting out too much content, IMHO.  But they know best.  Curious what their big play will be to satiate us all in late Winter/early Spring before Ted Lasso finale drops.  I mean in terms of the marquee series they push, obviously they got lots to work with.  

Too much content? I'm assuming that's a typo.

On 11/28/2022 at 12:58 PM, kingkoopa6 said:

im still in love with Acapulco.  

love the show- wish i could just binge it... ugh

This is why you subscribe for a month and then cancel. Don't get sucked into the week at a time bullshit.

I have those 2 free months from the will smith promo and the only 2 shows I watched are Slow Horses and Acapulco. (Had already seen Ted Laso, and didn't make it past ep 2 of Severance.) Even the promo of Shrinking puts me to sleep.  The definitely need more content on apple+ ... although apple corp. has more money than they'll ever be able to spend so they don't need to care.

• 2 weeks later...

14 hours ago, rage-a-holic said:

Cheaper? A bunch of the hotels he stays at are 300-600 per night.

14 hours ago, UnivTex34 said:

Have you watched the Eugene Levy version? He stays in an Arizona hotel that is $10k a night.

13 hours ago, rage-a-holic said:

The only thing I'd pay $10k a night for in AZ  is a trio of ASU Pi Phis.

4.  STD & Profit?

• 2 weeks later...

Finished up S2 of Slow Horses.  Enjoyed both seasons and the overall cast is pretty solid.   Two things stood out to me, one from each season...

1.  So Sid is a ghost?  Never existed "officially" yet Lamb wasn't aware of that and then they didn't follow up on it at all?

2.  In S2, River was a dumbass for getting tazed by the mom.  At that point, wouldn't everyone be a suspect?

Anyone watched Extrapolations?

Eight interconnected stories told over 33 years explore how our planet's changing climate will affect family, work, faith—and survival.

Huge cast - Marion Cotillard, Meryl Streep, Matthew Rhys, Kit Harrington, Edward Norton, Sienna Miller, Tobey Maguire, Diane Lane, David Schwimner, Heather Graham, Forest Whitaker

Pretty lackluster reviews. Can’t tell if that’s automatically a result of the climate change theme, or if it’s truly just a mediocre series.

I watched the first 3 episodes and thought they were decent but not great. I’ll keep watching because I find climate change fascinating and I’m curious to see how they portray the future in the later episodes.