2020 Transfer and Grad-Transfer Available Players

texifornia

Via LHF 

Spoiler

Liucci

5:59p

Staff

AG

I consider this one a loss for the Aggies but not necessarily something that will qualify as a shock to Jimbo Fisher, Mike Elko or those inside the program.

The talented and outspoken junior-to-be had a relatively rocky sophomore season that saw him start several games and total 41 tackles and an interception. He was showing signs of improvement in year two but seemed to struggle manning the back end in Elko's defense, particularly against the better passing teams and receivers on the A&M schedule. That combined with Leon landing in the doghouse and voicing his frustration more than once, including in the post-game locker room following Auburn and again during bowl practices, had many close to the program and close to O'Neal himself wondering if the once ballyhooed recruit would consider a transfer during the off-season. The fact he decided to make the decision today - in the middle of the Ags conducting their 'Fourth Quarter Drills' is also something that caught my attention when he announced the news on twitter.

O'Neal really does love TAMU and the Aggie fans and he's a guy who does wear his heart on his sleeve. I don't expect him to change his mind but it's certainly not out of the realm of possibility and I also don't think Fisher or Elko would close the door on him if he reconsidered so let's keep this thread from going off the rails. Along those lines, for what it's worth, he's wasn't even officially in the transfer portal as of 5:45 p.m. today, only having announced his intentions via tweet.

As far as where he fit into the picture for the Aggies, the junior was going to be part of a very competitive spring battle at safety, where Demani Richardson is considered one of the better players on the Aggie defense after an impressive true freshman campaign, senior Keldrick Carper is a reliable presence on the back end and former national-100 recruit Brian Williams is looking to break through after seeing spot duty as a true freshman last fall. Combine that with two uber-talented newcomers - true freshman and early enrollee Antonio Johnson and converted corner Erick Young - turning heads throughout the young off-season and there's no denying the fact that Leon was going to have to fight hard for a job this spring with nothing at all guaranteed so on some level this might be as simple as him finding a better situation for himself moving forward

Would Houston take him?

If not, I can't imagine many Power 5 schools that would have a spot at safety for a cement-shoe guy like O'Neal.

He should probably just quit football, but stay at A&M. Even though the school is an academic cesspool, the alumni network is very faithful and I doubt that any other college would offer him a better option for getting the most out of his life after football.

9 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Would Houston take him?

If not, I can't imagine many Power 5 schools that would have a spot at safety for a cement-shoe guy like O'Neal.

He should probably just quit football, but stay at A&M. Even though the school is an academic cesspool, the alumni network is very faithful and I doubt that any other college would offer him a better option for getting the most out of his life after football.

On twitter there were a lot of sooner fans posting gifs and whatnot.  Please go to Norman, Leon.. prove us all wrong lol

2 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

On twitter there were a lot of sooner fans posting gifs and whatnot.  Please go to Norman, Leon.. prove us all wrong lol

It would HAVE to be to play LB/Special Teams.

There are inflatable punching dolls that could cover OU's WRs in practice better than he could.

5 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

My aggy buddy was excited af.  

About Slo'Neal going to aggy or leaving aggy?

Truth is, Leon is just leaving Collie station from his Official Visit. It just takes him a while. He should petition the NCAA for more eligibility.

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I’m not. 

As well as OU recruits for every other position, I find it hard to believe that they would recruit slow safeties in “a 7-on-7 conference”.

Hard to fault you since Texas never seems to take advantage of their shit safeties like the rest of the NCAA

• Like 3

On 2/28/2020 at 4:29 PM, Napoleon said:

I’m not. 

As well as OU recruits for every other position, I find it hard to believe that they would recruit slow safeties in “a 7-on-7 conference”.

Their defensive recruiting generally sucks. Unfortunately, our coaches have been trying to change to brown pants for our OU matchup for nearly 20 years. 

• Like 1

His legs don't look very athletic for a div 1 DB.  Like he skips leg day on the reg.  Not sure he would be a good spin candidate to LB that his speed seemingly dictates given his puny legs.  But what do I know.  

On 2/27/2020 at 10:18 PM, closetojumping said:

I cannot handle it when predictable absurdities actually play out. It’s like watching a great comedy scene. It’s unbelievable. 

Hot fuck that is greatness. Heroin in my college football veins. 

For y'alls enjoyment...

On 2/27/2020 at 10:18 PM, closetojumping said:

I cannot handle it when predictable absurdities actually play out. It’s like watching a great comedy scene. It’s unbelievable. 

Hot fuck that is greatness. Heroin in my college football veins. 

Hand is following, one of the better GT lineman this cycle and with an injury waiver, could have 2 years of eligibility left

After taking a redshirt as a true freshman, Council started nine games at left guard in 2017.  The 6-4, 325-pound lineman then started the first three games of the 2018 season at right tackle before going down with an injury that sidelined him for the remainder of the year.  That injury plus the redshirt for his first season could potentially trigger a sixth season.

Coming off that injury, Council started all 12 games in 2019.  Council played every position along the offensive line this past season.

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/14/akron-football-brandon-council-ncaa-transfer-database-portal/

On 3/2/2020 at 12:33 PM, Elmer_Fudd said:

Interesting grad transfer LB.  Was thought to maybe entered the draft this year.  Carrington started following, but I wonder if Kleiman and KSU could be a factor here.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/north-dakota-state/Article/NDSU-LB-Cox-enters-transfer-portal-NDSU-Football-144502625/Amp/

visiting LSU next week, supposedly has a good relationship with bo polini, something must be wrong with him