Recs for Southern California (around Orange County)

Reynolds Woodcock

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2023 at 5:03 PM, Gil Bang said:

58 years in this place, and scenes like that still get my dick hard.

58? Damn you old.

But absolutely agree with the California coast being absolutely gorgeous, especially at sunset with the palm trees silhouetted against the last golden rays of light. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...

Ah, an answer on Billy’s.

What’s a fun place with scenery that would be good for an after work tech bro dinner?

Blue water grill is on the bay, pretty decent seafood. We go there regularly as a group of guys one night on our family vacations out there.
  • Like 1

21 oceanfront 

Had drinks (club soda) there with all my millennial coworkers. I wanted to eat there but it was a little fancy for a gaggle of twenty somethings so we ended up with burgers at Stag bar around the corner.

But yours was a solid recommendation.

(And tech sisters have replaced tech bros, I feel like Charlie in Charlie’s angels.)
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

Had drinks (club soda) there with all my millennial coworkers. I wanted to eat there but it was a little fancy for a gaggle of twenty somethings so we ended up with burgers at Stag bar around the corner.

(And tech sisters have replaced tech bros, I feel like Charlie in Charlie’s angels.)

Cougar den

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BearSchlong said:

Glad you enjoyed it and sorry if my rec was a bit out of place.  I think it is super pricey maybe even by Newport standards.  But it’s definitely a place you want to see once.  

good for you on the club soda

I live with low overhead so I can enjoy places like that without hesitation. Of course my kids are out of the house and from what I can tell my main work buddy has 4 young kids and just got gutted in a nasty divorce so I think he was limited to the company per diem.

The others are a year out of school so they’re fine with bar food.

That place is totally legit and as good as anyplace I've been in Texas. 

They just opened a big sit-down restaurant and brewery in Oceanside. 

That’s good to know…and especially as to a bigger sit down restaurant as the line at their San Cap location looked Texas sized as well

47 minutes ago, mdleast said:

That’s good to know…and especially as to a bigger sit down restaurant as the line at their San Cap location looked Texas sized as well

I was like 15th in line, and it only took about 15 minutes to get my food and beer.

IMG_4222.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Flying out Saturday and gonna be there for a week. I’m staying in Pasadena because of work but only busy Monday-Wednesday. Kingkoopa and I gonna bring down the classiness of these joints down a bit 

Edited by Zepol87

6 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Flying out Saturday and gonna be there for a week. I’m staying in Pasadena because of work but only busy Monday-Wednesday. Kingkoopa and I gonna being the classiness of these joints down a bit 

You can take the train; Amtrak or Metrolink, down to San Juan Capistrano, but you can't get any further south because of a landslide.  They put you on a bus to Oceanside.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

e595fdcc95e29659fb5409984058f7c8.jpg

I don’t see the mustard on your tray. I love that mustard from Heritage. 

if you go to the SJC location and like their biscuits, they’re made by FKN bakery which is just down the street. Good baked goods there. 

If you’re looking for coffee in SJC, Hidden House on the other side of the tracks is the spot the coffee drinkers in my family prefer. 

Final San Juan recommendation: JD Flannel donuts.