I told you so

Camelback80

A minor silver lining: if we had made a move last year, and the guy we replaced Shaka with was not an instant success, whatever Shaka defenders who had remained would have beaten our heads in with smug "i told you sos" and whining about what "could have been" if we had just run it back one year with everyone, plus Greg Brown.

Now, there is no doubt.

• Hook 'Em 1

I just popped in...
To see what condition my condition was in

it's "dropped" you fucking moron. Kenny Rogers is dropping acid, getting high and living hard. He doesn't "pop in" any fucking where. You pop in because you're akin to a snot bubble under Shaka's covid mask. GTFO

• Hook 'Em 5

6 minutes ago, Nolacycling said:

I just popped in...

it's "dropped" you fucking moron. Kenny Rogers is dropping acid, getting high and living hard. He doesn't "pop in" any fucking where. You pop in because you're akin to a snot bubble under Shaka's covid mask. GTFO

60s song lyrics are serious bidness. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 3/21/2021 at 2:43 AM, Machinator said:

A minor silver lining: if we had made a move last year, and the guy we replaced Shaka with was not an instant success, whatever Shaka defenders who had remained would have beaten our heads in with smug "i told you sos" and whining about what "could have been" if we had just run it back one year with everyone, plus Greg Brown.

Now, there is no doubt.

Jokes on them if they tried to beat your head in.

Edited by Bevo14

6 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Y’all think Cameltoe cried in his car on the way home from B-dubs?

No. He thinks the kids just had a bad night. It happens in basketball! Next year is the real beginning of the Shaka era! See, it takes 7 recruiting classes to rebuild a program in the condition Texas was when we fired Barnes for *checks notes* losing in the first round. Again. Shaka is gearing up for a 10 year run that’ll make the 2000’s look like child’s play!!!!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

49 minutes ago, Fletch said:

No. He thinks the kids just had a bad night. It happens in basketball! Next year is the real beginning of the Shaka era! See, it takes 7 recruiting classes to rebuild a program in the condition Texas was when we fired Barnes for *checks notes* losing in the first round. Again. Shaka is gearing up for a 10 year run that’ll make the 2000’s look like child’s play!!!!

Yeah!  It's like owning a stock -- you never sell just because it's gone down for a long time.  If those poor schmucks who sold Enron when it was down 40% had just held on and waited for the rally, they'd be rich today.  Shaka is our Enron, ya see?  Just be patient, fellow Longhorns.  It'll be our time soon.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Yeah!  It's like owning a stock -- you never sell just because it's gone down for a long time.  If those poor schmucks who sold Enron when it was down 40% had just held on and waited for the rally, they'd be rich today.  Shaka is our Enron, ya see?  Just be patient, fellow Longhorns.  It'll be our time soon.

At least the world got an entertaining documentary out of Enron. 

There's literally nothing entertaining about Shaka's reign at Texas. It grates even when we win.

11 hours ago, Nolacycling said:

I just popped in...

Rigor mortis is the very definition of “living” hard 

Edited by Trey3216

1 hour ago, CurlyDumps said:

Camel, buddy, at this point just commit to the bit. Post that "Abilene Christian was a bad matchup for Texas" write-up that's been sitting in your saved drafts since Saturday night.

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit. Camel drafted that years ago regardless of the opponent.

On 3/20/2021 at 11:57 PM, Tired Horn said:

Just wait.

This is step 132 of Shaka's 1015-step master plan. 

I thought it was  100 year plan?.....SEC SEC SEC!!!......oh wait that is the other school in Texas with massive athletics resources that fucks them off worse than UT does in sports

12 hours ago, Bitterwhiteguy said:

Speaking solely for myself, I hope he continues this thread for years as Shaka coaches Marquette. He's all in, might as well throw in the car keys at this point.

hopefully that goes as well as the Rick Barnes thread (you are a funner coach to watch and a better coach than Shaka is Rick.....well at least in the regular season)

17 hours ago, Ignatius said:

I dunno, it did wonders for Abe Lemons’ reputation...

I'm too lazy to look up the details, but I know 60-whatever teams did not make the NCAA tournament back in Abe's day. The NIT actually carried a little clout. That NIT champ game was a thing of beauty. They pressed made baskets and Ron Baxter and Johnny Moore went full court pass after pass. No more bad mouthing Abe young man.

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah, the NIT was THE tournament back in the day. Then they sold it and it got relegated to second tier status. Teams that win it now are frequently good enough to have made deep runs in the NCAA tourney but just didn't get the chance for whatever reason. There's no shame in being in it and I've seen teams come off of winning that tourney go on deep runs in the big dance the next year. 

20 hours ago, Nolacycling said:

I'm too lazy to look up the details, but I know 60-whatever teams did not make the NCAA tournament back in Abe's day. The NIT actually carried a little clout. That NIT champ game was a thing of beauty. They pressed made baskets and Ron Baxter and Johnny Moore went full court pass after pass. No more bad mouthing Abe young man.

Lol I’m 54.

I loved Abe and you’re right, that NIT run was great and at the time the NIT meant something. Still, Abe’s teams won more conference games than they lost only 3 times in 7 seasons...

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

seems like cameltoe is in the wind. i wonder if greggym and TexasStrong12 will suddenly reappear once we have our next coach confirmed. 

As long as there exists young men who doth need defending on the internet, and coaches who deserve one decade to develop them, greggym will be there to answer the call.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4