Demarvion Overshown makes plays

zork

Our dudes our coming back because, well, their NFL draft stock didn’t rise. Perhaps the one more year is because they’re getting a little something and hope to improve their NFL chances.

Overshown, Coburn and Jamison didn’t improve over their prior years. Cook started strong but faded although he played better vs KSU.

Overshown needs to work in space and be a playmaker. Hope we can find that for him.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
He beat Luke brockermeyer by 2 tackles, that's not proving to be electric. This year he's going to blow up, or I could be completely full of shit and just hoping for the best. lol 

I know. I’m one of the optimists amongst you punks and am less concerned about ILBs than probably anyone, but it was attempting some humor.

I feel good about what he’ll contribute this year. Need more big plays for sure.
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

I know. I’m one of the optimists amongst you punks and am less concerned about ILBs than probably anyone, but it was attempting some humor.

I feel good about what he’ll contribute this year. Need more big plays for sure.

He has a great chance to be a plus player on defense. That combined with his athleticism should get him drafted. If he goes crazy then he might be a high round pick, but he needs to do the basics well like shedding blocks and seeing plays. 

He has a great chance to be a plus player on defense. That combined with his athleticism should get him drafted. If he goes crazy then he might be a high round pick, but he needs to do the basics well like shedding blocks and seeing plays. 

Yep. I’d be fine with crazy.

An honest eval of him last year was that he’s still relatively new to the position, it’s a new scheme, he missed time, and the supporting cast wasn’t great. Now this year, same scheme, better health in the spring, so more experience should lead to better shedding of blocks and seeing plays.

If the defense struggles, I might put him on the edge in passing situations some with the incentive that it could increase his value. Not sure he could be less effective than what we had last year.

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

He just needs to Learn To read the triangle. His athleticism can keep him clean if he can do that. He isn’t going to be shedding guards consistently anytime soon. Still plays like it’s high school and has eyes in the backfield 

42 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

He just needs to Learn To read the triangle. His athleticism can keep him clean if he can do that. He isn’t going to be shedding guards consistently anytime soon. Still plays like it’s high school and has eyes in the backfield 

This does remind me how much I hate watching LBs stack zone blocking. I was never taught or taught it that way and it drives me crazy 

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, B00M said:

If you saw Quinn on a street corner in dirty clothes you wouldn't give it a second glance. 

No issues that a QB just looks like a regular guy in street clothes. I always hoped Overshown would not look like a regular guy in street clothes. Prefer LBs with no necks 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2022 at 4:38 PM, TreatyOak said:

Im hanging w DeMarvion and Quinn Ewers right now. I’ll post pics. Quinn just threw an insane pass from the top of the  stadium to DeMarvion. 

awww......that play is no good.....What if Quinn cant get a ticket at the top of the stadium on game day?

• Hook 'Em 1

• 4 weeks later...