Demarvion Overshown makes plays

zork

What would your expectations be for a smallish guy with relatively limited experience with guys in front of him that neither make plays nor command double teams? Then to top it off, your edge guys get cute by dipping inside on occasion or flat out getting too wide or too far up field. And some of those 30 yard rips off the edge? DBs not only failing to contain but blocking themselves out of the play or not even being blocked playside and doing nothing.

Along with trying to get some insight into PKs mindset, I’d like to have a legit discussion with the LBs. If I’m playing inside to outside, I wouldn’t expect to read the play, contend with an OG or OT while checking inside then expect to flow to C or D gap to sideline extended to make a damn tackle on a D1 RB cause whoever is on the edge blows contain. Cause guess what if you’re so damn intent on making that play, you’re likely vulnerable to over pursuit and possibly screwing over your teammate who has an expectation of you doing your job. If that’s the defensive design then it is dumbassery.

For this past season, had we had Derrick Johnson, it wouldn’t have been the same one you remember. He would have to contend with his weakness every play which is fending off blockers. And you know what you call a guard who can’t consistently win against a LBer? Shitty.

We had 11 dudes on the field each play. Every one was capable of screwing it up. DMO was probably the closest one to overcome that by making a play.

Sorry for the rambling. I’m just preparing to cuss the coaches come game day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Had Enough said:

What would your expectations be for a smallish guy with relatively limited experience with guys in front of him that neither make plays nor command double teams? Then to top it off, your edge guys get cute by dipping inside on occasion or flat out getting too wide or too far up field. And some of those 30 yard rips off the edge? DBs not only failing to contain but blocking themselves out of the play or not even being blocked playside and doing nothing.

Along with trying to get some insight into PKs mindset, I’d like to have a legit discussion with the LBs. If I’m playing inside to outside, I wouldn’t expect to read the play, contend with an OG or OT while checking inside then expect to flow to C or D gap to sideline extended to make a damn tackle on a D1 RB cause whoever is on the edge blows contain. Cause guess what if you’re so damn intent on making that play, you’re likely vulnerable to over pursuit and possibly screwing over your teammate who has an expectation of you doing your job. If that’s the defensive design then it is dumbassery.

For this past season, had we had Derrick Johnson, it wouldn’t have been the same one you remember. He would have to contend with his weakness every play which is fending off blockers. And you know what you call a guard who can’t consistently win against a LBer? Shitty.

We had 11 dudes on the field each play. Every one was capable of screwing it up. DMO was probably the closest one to overcome that by making a play.

Sorry for the rambling. I’m just preparing to cuss the coaches come game day.

DMO is a great Longhorn who bleeds Orange for UT. He also misses a shitload of tackles. Reminds me of Breckyn Meyer with his arm bands instead of hair. His launch angle and play reads need more work. It’s nice to have a solid leader on defense, but it’s hard to get everyone to do the right thing on D when the captain is a 5th year senior making the same mistakes.

DMO is a great Longhorn who bleeds Orange for UT. He also misses a shitload of tackles. Reminds me of Breckyn Meyer with his arm bands instead of hair. His launch angle and play reads need more work. It’s nice to have a solid leader on defense, but it’s hard to get everyone to do the right thing on D when the captain is a 5th year senior making the same mistakes.

Yeah, he needs to do everything better. He plays hard so that’s a good place to start. He did miss last spring in a new scheme so the extra work should be beneficial. Maybe he can have a Malcolm Rodriguez type final season. If he was a legit 220, we should expect up and downs in that scheme as that is a big ask with his height and weight.

6 hours ago, MrBig said:

The Tonight Show Idk GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

This guy? 

0E43ABE8-DEAA-4FDC-A3F1-38755BB8383A.thumb.jpeg.74957a72d8a2a80997c48dcb290a778f.jpeg

Edited by Bigbend1812
Couldn’t tackle for shit.
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Atticus said:

Appreciate the recognition for the guy, but damn they are hyping the heck outta this guy so much that even if he performs better this year, it will seem like a disappointment.

Should the school/program not acknowledge when it's players are on these watch lists?  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Bob Lives! said:

How the hell is he in East Texas? Didn’t we have practice today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is extreme speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was visiting his family since he just had a son. He's originally from Tyler which is right next to Van Zandt county.

• Hook 'Em 2

This is extreme speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was visiting his family since he just had a son. He's originally from Tyler which is right next to Van Zandt county.

If his commute to Tyler took him through VZC, he went the wrong damn way. He should be entering Smith Co through Henderson Co on Hwy 31.

1 minute ago, Bob Lives! said:

If his commute to Tyler took him through VZC, he went the wrong damn way. He should be entering Smith Co through Henderson Co on Hwy 31.

It doesn't matter what route he took to get to there. You can drive other places after you've reached your destination.