Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

1 hour ago, Moby Ric said:

Going to Lowes to get an 85 watt LED flood light since you need to replace one, and fuckers don't have the one you want. You then proceed to look on amazon and they don't have them either.  So now I will have to drive to Home Depot later to see if they have them.

I am not going to have non matching bulbs in the house.  I will have to change them all and thats a shit ton of light bulbs.

Is there a handy reference chart for what Lowes carries vs Home Depot?  That is trivially annoying since I'm used to shopping at Home Depot but Lowes is now more convenient.  I went in there for a specific Philips bulb and they didn't seem to have any at all?

2 hours ago, Celery Man said:

Is there a handy reference chart for what Lowes carries vs Home Depot?  That is trivially annoying since I'm used to shopping at Home Depot but Lowes is now more convenient.  I went in there for a specific Philips bulb and they didn't seem to have any at all?

Went to Home Depot.  They didn't have any either.  I'm going to have to change every fucking recessed light in the house to a new band now.  Furk.

9 minutes ago, former alkie said:

I’m a self-diagnosed misophaniac, and I despise being around people while they’re eating,.  

I can tolerate it in restaurants, or with animals. But luncheons at work are intolerable.

I'm a self-diagnosed mesohornyac, so this hits close to home.

22 hours ago, Underdog said:

TPIR contestants that do the $1 dollar bid more than the previous bidders. 

TPIR contestants who do this (or the "$1, Bob!" thing) when they are not the final bidder on Contestants' Row. I feel very strongly that anyone who does either of these things should be banished and replaced with a new contestant. 

Basketball games in a dome. I wave to watch a half of ball where one of the top teams in the nation has to learn how to shoot all over again because the depth perception is screwed.

Every year. Same crap. As if college basketball wasn’t hard enough to watch....

10 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Currently sitting in a required gifted and talented training, on Sat, Easter weekend, and missing my son’s soccer game.  To top it off, the room consists of about 40 women who all feel the need to share their stupid stories.

But titties

fuckheads who don't know the proper way to execute a 4-way stop.  

1. when two cars approach at the same time next to each other, driver on the RIGHT gets the right-of-way.
  2. when two cars approach at the same time opposite each other, the driver turning left DOES NOT get the right-of-way.

fucking indiana.

Basketball games in a dome. I wave to watch a half of ball where one of the top teams in the nation has to learn how to shoot all over again because the depth perception is screwed.

Every year. Same crap. As if college basketball wasn’t hard enough to watch....

Then nova breaks a record for threes in the same dome two hours later.

11 minutes ago, BlueGreySky said:

fuckheads who don't know the proper way to execute a 4-way stop.  

1. when two cars approach at the same time next to each other, driver on the RIGHT gets the right-of-way.
  2. when two cars approach at the same time opposite each other, the driver turning left DOES NOT get the right-of-way.

fucking indiana.

If any of these dumbfucks hesitate, I'm going.  No fucks given.

I’m tired of that dumb ass “your thing” AT&T commercial 

“your moving out out of the friend zone...”

people don’t move from the friend zone to marriage. That’s the big deal about a friend zone.  You don’t get the prize. 

On 3/30/2018 at 12:36 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Pulling into a gas station where all the pumps are occupied and two or three of them have vehicles sitting there not getting gas and no person around.  If it's busy have the curtesy to move your vehicle before going insides to get your mad dog 20/20

Yes....Grrr......  Not wanting to get arrested so I really have to resist grabbing some pliers and pulling a valve stem.

On 3/30/2018 at 2:27 PM, Moby Ric said:

Went to Home Depot.  They didn't have any either.  I'm going to have to change every fucking recessed light in the house to a new band now.  Furk.

Try Costco - and they also have a replacement LED fixture that goes into an old screw in bulg slot.  Sold in multiples.  Finally - did the Bulb shop on Burnet close yet.. If you are Austin and they are open - go there

On 3/31/2018 at 9:10 AM, former alkie said:

I’m a self-diagnosed misophaniac, and I despise being around people while they’re eating,.  

I can tolerate it in restaurants, or with animals. But luncheons at work are intolerable.

People who make up their own afflictions.  Seems to be rampant these days.

You don't have a malady or a problem.  You're just a pussy.

Boycotts of products based on who they do or don't advertise with. For that matter boycotts based on who somebody votes for. Seriously, Wayfair and Rachel Ray aren't taking away your guns, and Chik-Fil-A can't nullify your gay marriage. If they make good products, buy them. If they make crap, don't. But don't tell me you are "voting with my dollars." No, you're just irritating the rest of us for no damned good reason.

• Like 1

Movie theaters that don't start on time.  I know going in there's going to be 15-20 minutes of trailers, but at least start those on time.  I didn't pay for a 1:00 matinee only for you to wait until 1:10 to start your endless marathon of trailers.  

End of the aforementioned teacher's training.

Moderator states that we're finished; are there any further questions.  As most of us are starting to stand, one stupid lady raises her hand and starts in on a 10 min personal story about one of her students.  I swear to God, she finishes by asking the following question...  "How can a teacher tell the difference between a gifted and talented student and one that has been sexually abused?"  

I thought the moderator (plus some at their tables) were going to jump this stupid lady for wasting our time and asking such a dumb question.

3 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

Also the Colgate commercial where multi-millionaire Michael Phelps is using a lousy hand toothbrush instead of a battery one.

Are battery toothbrushes a thing with adults? I know they used to make them with Disney characters on them in hopes that they'd get kids to brush more.

2 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Are battery toothbrushes a thing with adults? I know they used to make them with Disney characters on them in hopes that they'd get kids to brush more.

I prefer them.  I only use a non-electric toothbrush when I'm travelling.  Electric toothbrushes just make your mouth feel cleaner.  Like you just left the dentist.