Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

1 hour ago, Superhero said:

Getting ready for our kitchen remodel and finding out that they won't sell a particular faucet to me because I live in CA.

Does anyone want to help to say fuck you CA, buy the damn faucet and ship it to me? I might even slip you a $20 for the trouble.

That's because water destroys the environment...

This isn't trivial but we don't have an "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore" thread. Some member's HS aged kids took carts out on the course after dark. This is the worst of the damage so it could have been much more work to fix. I really want to take a 9-iron to the jacked up 4X4s these entitled pricks were gifted by mommie and daddy.

output_image1624900445182.thumb.jpg.331cab6c2987b7efd3e2a7fc89d0ad38.jpg

More subtle ideas are welcome as well.

Edited by Shoxthemonkey

29 minutes ago, Shoxthemonkey said:

This isn't trivial but we don't have an "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore" thread. Some member's HS aged kids took carts out on the course after dark. This is the worst of the damage so it could have been much more work to fix. I really want to take a 9-iron to the jacked up 4X4s these entitled pricks were gifted by mommie and daddy.

Buy some raw (or frozen) shrimp and carefully place them in the slots where the hood/air conditioner intake/windshield meet.  After a week or two, things will be quite ugly in those rides.  

4 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Buy some raw (or frozen) shrimp and carefully place them in the slots where the hood/air conditioner intake/windshield meet.  After a week or two, things will be quite ugly in those rides.  

The course superintendent  just texted that a couple of the guilty have come forward. He was the HS principal here for 25 years until he retired 2 years ago. He knows these kids well and has to deal with their shit again. They are going to work off the debt and help fix the green. I voiced the opinion that they were getting off light and some of the other members were quick to say I was out of touch. Maybe I am, but giving these fuck trophies a few hours of basically community service chaps my ass.

I have some leftover crawfish tail meat.

1 minute ago, Shoxthemonkey said:

The course superintendent  just texted that a couple of the guilty have come forward. He was the HS principal here for 25 years until he retired 2 years ago. He knows these kids well and has to deal with their shit again. They are going to work off the debt and help fix the green. I voiced the opinion that they were getting off light and some of the other members were quick to say I was out of touch. Maybe I am, but giving these fuck trophies a few hours of basically community service chaps my ass.

Crawfish will make it bad, real bad.  But shrimp...Stuff that rots on land that comes from saltwater just reaches a totally different level of bad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Shoxthemonkey said:

BB467280-1826-4FA5-A6B4-E127590DDAC7.jpeg

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Night putting? 

ball ty GIF

If only

Back in the 80s, we tore out our sand greens and put in bentgrass greens. There was a firm out of Texas going all across Kansas designing and building these 9-hole courses. One of our members had a kid going to school to be a golf course designer so we had him design ours rather than use  the plans that most others use. Anyway, there was a LOT of night putting after the greens were established.

Edited by Shoxthemonkey
storytelling

1 hour ago, Shoxthemonkey said:

I'm sorry out of touch ?  What, there shouldn't be an repercussions for wanton vandalism ? even if it's on a golf course for a bunch of dudes in horrible white slacks, and 4" wide white belts.....

• Rage+1 1

On 6/25/2021 at 3:52 AM, Superhero said:

Getting ready for our kitchen remodel and finding out that they won't sell a particular faucet to me because I live in CA.

Does anyone want to help to say fuck you CA, buy the damn faucet and ship it to me? I might even slip you a $20 for the trouble.

DM me the info on the faucet, your address etc and I'll send it to you, keep the $20, fuck California...

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, DougO said:

No hand baskets at Wal Mart's when I just want a few smalls.

Also hate Walmart and other stores that store their carts on grouted tile or other "non-smooth" surfaces.  It is hard to tell if you get a wonky cart until you are in the store on the smooth surfaces.  Often times I have to turn around and go source a different cart that has decent wheels.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, mininghorn88 said:

Also hate Walmart and other stores that store their carts on grouted tile or other "non-smooth" surfaces.  It is hard to tell if you get a wonky cart until you are in the store on the smooth surfaces.  Often times I have to turn around and go source a different cart that has decent wheels.

Walmart has such shitty carts to begin with that my rule upon entering a Walmart is that I only go there to buy what I can carry in 2 hands.  I'm not fucking around in there and having to wait in their cashier line, or get stuck behind the family with 9 kids and 3 carts of groceries at the self checkout area.  

A group of guys in my high school class did something similar to the country club in my hometown. I worked the grounds crew for the summer and they tore everything up the night after my last day. Went in to pick up my final check the next morning and the superintendent was losing his shit. I'm pretty sure they all got prosecuted and at least had to pay for all the damages and a bunch of court costs and lawyer fees. Most of them ended up at OU.

23 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

My daughter was a member of a college marching band that had previously been all male only a few years earlier. Some of the guys resented the women and hazed them continually. She informed me that deer urine works quite well too when seeking retribution.

14 minutes ago, Crapinon said:

My daughter was a member of a college marching band that had previously been all male only a few years earlier. Some of the guys resented the women and hazed them continually. She informed me that deer urine works quite well too when seeking retribution.

Are you covertly saying that your daughter is aggy?

On 6/28/2021 at 1:39 PM, Shoxthemonkey said:

When I was in high school a friend and I drove his car into a golf course late at night and we thought we were rebels. But at least we stayed on the cart path. We just got a kick out of doing something we weren’t supposed to do. 

On 6/22/2021 at 9:47 PM, slorch said:

My current windshield is 2 years old. It had 9 "bullet holes" and 3 cracks across the glass.   Inspection is up in August... guess I'd might as well go pay the man.

i don't live in Beirut.

I've got 9 and every one of them is right in my faceneck area.  I would be the unluckiest motorcycle rider ever.

Not trivial but I just lost all the shit on my phone the tech guy that's "helping" me ensured I wouldn't.  I even asked a second time.  Motherfucker. 

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

For most of my life, the "standard" form factor for buying soft drinks was the six-pack of 12 oz. aluminum cans. When I go to the store, any store, to buy Cokes or whatever, that is what I want. But in recent years it has become fucking impossible to find six-packs of 12 oz. cans and it's making me crazy. I don't want a fucking 12 pack, it;s heavy and takes up extra space. I don't want an 8 pack. See also: toilet paper (I like the 4 pack, now very rarely stocked),  paper towels (one roll at a time, please). Why do these companies force us to buy ever-increasing bulk quantities of shit? Who has enough storage space? 

1 minute ago, Paper_jam said:

For most of my life, the "standard" form factor for buying soft drinks was the six-pack of 12 oz. aluminum cans. When I go to the store, any store, to buy Cokes or whatever, that is what I want. But in recent years it has become fucking impossible to find six-packs of 12 oz. cans and it's making me crazy. I don't want a fucking 12 pack, it;s heavy and takes up extra space. I don't want an 8 pack. See also: toilet paper (I like the 4 pack, now very rarely stocked),  paper towels (one roll at a time, please). Why do these companies force us to buy ever-increasing bulk quantities of shit? Who has enough storage space? 

So you want to go to the store every day?

A 12-pack of cans is "heavy" to you, paper_jam?  I'm sorry for your physical impairment.  I can drink 6 of the 12 beers that are too heavy for you by the time you're done walking from your Honda Civic del Sol to your front door where you'll no doubt be met by multiple cats.  

On 6/28/2021 at 2:40 PM, SHOOTER12 said:

DM me the info on the faucet, your address etc and I'll send it to you, keep the $20, fuck California...

Thanks @shooter12 . My old college neighbor called me, we got all caught up, and he's sending me the faucet.

Seriously... CA puts some stupid limits on faucet GPMs and magazine capacity.

Edited by Superhero
  • Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, Superhero said:

Thanks @shooter12 . My old college neighbor called me, we got all caught up, and he's sending me the faucet.

Seriously... CA puts some stupid limits on faucet GPMs and magazine capacity.

Or CA is the only state treating the climate crisis as real and you don't think the accelerating global death spiral should interfere with your freedumb to choose a fucking kitchen sink. I'm team fuck you.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 4

2 hours ago, Okie State said:

I kind of agree with the six pack thing as I don't really drink Cokes very often anymore, but every now and then I'd like to pick a few up without committing to a whole 12 pack.

One roll of paper towels at a time? Fuck that.

What's horrible is when the grocery store has 12 packs on sale but you had to buy 3 or 5.  

5 hours ago, Paper_jam said:

what else are you going to fill your 5500 sq ft house with?  and don't forget the storage unit!

Pull off the cowl and place on top of the air filter intake. I had a rat die there. Its tail got got stuck in the flap when I shut the engine off and it closed. Took a long time to find and the smell lingered for over two years.

Pull off the cowl and place on top of the air filter intake. I had a rat die there. Its tail got got stuck in the flap when I shut the engine off and it closed. Took a long time to find and the smell lingered for over two years.
  • Like 1

Fucking amazing---Austin just added non-stop service to Amarillo, Louisville, Provo, Sioux Falls, and Branson.  Added to a smattering over the last year that includes Asheville, Cincinnati, Grand Rapids, Jacksonville, Knoxville, Sanford, Pittsburgh, Raleigh, Reno, Sacramento, and a bunch of others.  But Midland?  Nah, who the fuck needs that non-stop flight?  What the fuck?  

Fucking amazing---Austin just added non-stop service to Amarillo, Louisville, Provo, Sioux Falls, and Branson.  Added to a smattering over the last year that includes Asheville, Cincinnati, Grand Rapids, Jacksonville, Knoxville, Sanford, Pittsburgh, Raleigh, Reno, Sacramento, and a bunch of others.  But Midland?  Nah, who the fuck needs that non-stop flight?  What the fuck?  

Does tony Orlando have a theater in Midland? No? Well, now you understand.

Does tony Orlando have a theater in Midland? No? Well, now you understand.

7 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Not trivial but I just lost all the shit on my phone the tech guy that's "helping" me ensured I wouldn't.  I even asked a second time.  Motherfucker. 

Not trivial at all, and reminded me of this. Cannot believe anyone in the programming and approval chain thought this was acceptable:

1290967536_fuckwindowsphone.thumb.jpg.31763281b3c3494690f885708a33edfb.jpg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Superhero said:

Oh Greta.

Just a FYI, I’m talking about a beverage faucet, i.e. one that dispenses filtered water (so I don’t have to buy water in plastic bottles). I can’t drink water faster than 1.8 GPM.

So why don’t you take a break from your fuck you attitude and go watch a movie with a friend or something. 

I just hate people who think they are special and don't need to follow rules that exist for the greater good. You seem like a selfish prick.

• Fuck You 7