Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

9 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

That’s how it was at 249 too. But they are doing the flyovers now.

They did the 45N one though. I avoid 249/99 for that reason when I visit my folks, it’s a mess. Like when they also didn't initially build the 249/SHTR ramp going west. Eventually fixed that. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Self proclaimed dog experts. Fuck off every last one of you cunts!

I had luna out and about, took her to a dog friendly bar. Having a good time until this twat comes up with a concerned look.

What's wrong with her ear? You need to blahablahahablah....

I said absolutely fucking nothing is wrong with it. It's floppy. Dogs ears flop. 

Then she starts with the I was a foster and vet tech bullshit and that there's risk of infection blaahahahahlblah

Another cunt tried to tell me luna needed to be shaved down for the heat. Something you absolutely do NOT do to dogs with double coats.

I encounter these types of assholes at least once a week because I take my dog every where with me.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

2 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

I had luna out and about, took her to a dog friendly bar. Having a good time until this twat comes up with a concerned look.

I said absolutely fucking nothing is wrong with it. It's floppy. Dogs ears flop. 

Then she starts with the I was a foster and vet tech bullshit and that there's risk of infection blaahahahahlblah

Another cunt tried to tell me luna needed to be shaved down for the heat. Something you absolutely do NOT do to dogs with double coats.

I encounter these types of assholes at least once a week because I take my dog every where with me.

You're getting hits but are too dumb to reel them in?

They sound frisky...bitchass crazy frisky if you know what I mean.

Edited by slorch

3 hours ago, Jameslaw121 said:

People who think they need to take their dog everywhere they go. 

It's okay to go to the grocery store without your pet.

People who don’t train their dogs. If your dog is leading you around on its leash, if it jumps up on people, if it barks at everything that moves, if it greets visitors at the door before you do, you’re not as good of a dog owner as you think you are.

Regarding the last point, I had a friend whose dog did that. I heard him through the door telling his dog to stay back, to no avail. I offered to help him train her. We could spend 15-30 minutes with me ringing the doorbell and him training her to sit and stay back. He declined. That dog also tore the shit out of his furniture.

He also told me his dog didn’t like black people. Um, no, dude, that’s you. She’s taking cues from you. 

• Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

Haha, I'm not THAT bad

HA! I was just fucking with you. I used to have a dog that I took to bars and stuff. He was chill as fuck. But my current dogs are way to hyper for that.

I work at a music store. Like old violins and cellos and shit. It's amazing how many people bring there pets here. 

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, Jameslaw121 said:

HA! I was just fucking with you. I used to have a dog that I took to bars and stuff. He was chill as fuck. But my current dogs are way to hyper for that.

I work at a music store. Like old violins and cellos and shit. It's amazing how many people bring there pets here. 

People are disappointed when I don't bring luna with me. I'm just her chauffeur. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

At a family gathering for the 4th in San Antonio. There’s two families tonight and everyone gets along. We’re ordering pizza and wings and shit for dinner. You can order whatever you want. We order online by family. Texted submissions. Food arrives. Dumbass brother in law is eating my sandwich and telling me how good it is.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 4

13 hours ago, Basil said:

At a family gathering for the 4th in San Antonio. There’s two families tonight and everyone gets along. We’re ordering pizza and wings and shit for dinner. You can order whatever you want. We order online by family. Texted submissions. Food arrives. Dumbass brother in law is eating my sandwich and telling me how good it is.

Did you call him out for that?  This aggression will not stand.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 7/2/2022 at 7:06 PM, Basil said:

sandwich is neither pizza nor wings so by deduction he's giving you the shit sandwich you ordered

Edited by elfenix
  • Haha 1

On 7/1/2022 at 4:48 AM, WhatTheBuck said:

People who don’t train their dogs. If your dog is leading you around on its leash, if it jumps up on people, if it barks at everything that moves, if it greets visitors at the door before you do, you’re not as good of a dog owner as you think you are.

okay fine thats my dog but shes still cute as shit

• Hook 'Em 2

The household is just a nonstop cacophony of beeps and alerts.  We've had tons of guests over recently, so the laundry and dishwasher and etc cycles just went up by multiple.

It seems every 5 minutes theres a persistent beep from the washing machine, dryer, dishwasher, goddamn rice cooker, and even the fucking fridge and freezer if the door wasn't shut right.  Shit's driving me nuts

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 52-80 said:

The household is just a nonstop cacophony of beeps and alerts.  We've had tons of guests over recently, so the laundry and dishwasher and etc cycles just went up by multiple.

It seems every 5 minutes theres a persistent beep from the washing machine, dryer, dishwasher, goddamn rice cooker, and even the fucking fridge and freezer if the door wasn't shut right.  Shit's driving me nuts

Short drive, I take it. 

Microsoft/Windows/Office spamming my font list with all this downloadable trash.

It's fucking ugly.  It'll never be used.  Who the hell is going to intentionally grab Palace Script MT as a typeface that this shit needs to be presented to us?

image.thumb.png.de99dc98f559b451b9927b14aef01505.png

2 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Microsoft/Windows/Office spamming my font list with all this downloadable trash.

It's fucking ugly.  It'll never be used.  Who the hell is going to intentionally grab Palace Script MT as a typeface that this shit needs to be presented to us?

image.thumb.png.de99dc98f559b451b9927b14aef01505.png

They suck so hard. And now they're putting "a new kind of ad" in Outlook mail. It sits at the  top and looks  like email and when you click on it there's just a button to click to "learn more." There is no visible link showing when you hover over the button, So they are essentially trying to train people to click on phishing scams. "Just trust us! Click the thing!" Just some backwardsass bullshit to use in an email. 

1 hour ago, mininghorn88 said:

Plastic lids that do not properly fit onto “to go” cups. They either pop off when lifting and trying to drink or the cup collapses when trying to press it on. Not a fan.

And paper straws goddamn

2 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Cars with cup holders that aren’t side by side.

Is front-to-back considered side by side? That’s my car. And the gap between the two holders is too big so a can of soda can slide from one to the other. I keep a coffee mug in the front holder and put my can of soda in that so it stays put. 

54 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Is front-to-back considered side by side? That’s my car. And the gap between the two holders is too big so a can of soda can slide from one to the other. I keep a coffee mug in the front holder and put my can of soda in that so it stays put. 

Nope. I dislike the front to back stacked cup holders. Mainly because neither is ever in a great location for the driver.  You have to either reach over the passenger's drink or awkwardly reach for a drink that's too close to you. Side by side is best.

I just got a new VW GTI a couple of months ago and the cup holder situation is horrible. It has 2 spots but neither is actually round. The front one has a round arm that pops out to surround a drink but it's not at all secure. The rear one is square, which is dumb. Are the German's using square cans or something? Only drinking juice boxes? 

12 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I just got a new VW GTI a couple of months ago and the cup holder situation is horrible. It has 2 spots but neither is actually round. The front one has a round arm that pops out to surround a drink but it's not at all secure. The rear one is square, which is dumb. Are the German's using square cans or something? Only drinking juice boxes? 

When Heineken Bottles Were Square | Heineken beer, Heineken bottle, Beer  brands

Seriously though, that would drive me bat shit crazy.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, 52-80 said:

my parents have 3 clocks that all do the full westminster chimes.  they're not particularly synchronized.  good luck watching anything on TV late in the evening when they start striking the hour. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, elfenix said:

my parents have 3 clocks that all do the full westminster chimes.  they're not particularly synchronized.  good luck watching anything on TV late in the evening when they start striking the hour. 

Mine brought a fucking cuckoo clock back from Germany when I was a kid.  They also have a grandfather clock.  My hatred of devices like this that make unnecessary noise began at a young age.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, conVINCEd said:

Mine brought a fucking cuckoo clock back from Germany when I was a kid.  They also have a grandfather clock.  My hatred of devices like this that make unnecessary noise began at a young age.

If you don't have kids, take this note down: don't buy the toys that make the noise.

On 6/30/2022 at 4:32 PM, MissingInAction said:

People who feel the need to take their dogs on activities only humans went on 20 years ago…

EDIT - Didn’t see Jamesslaw’s post before posting. Look forward to this making folks surly - this is how we solve perpetual motion!!!!!

Edited by Ignatius

On 6/30/2022 at 1:32 PM, MissingInAction said:

Maya is exactly the same.  One floppy ear and a double coat.  I thought we should shave her for the summer but the vet said no way, not with the double coat.  Done and done.

But man, people who take their dogs everywhere with them are real pieces of work.  Except bars.  That's ok.

Just now, conVINCEd said:

I originally wrote drums, but it can vary based on how big of a bitch she is being.  Drums is the nuclear option.

Yeah, I have all the subtlety of a chainsaw murderer.  I lay out the nuclear option first to establish my sincerity.  If, by some freakish accident, I get a little subtle, I drop the oboe out there.  The squeaks made by a beginner double reed player are outstanding torture.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Guy walks into a bar wearing a kilt, with a steering wheel growing out of his crotch, and orders a beer. Bartender says “Jesus Christ, that has to be fucking annoying!” Guy says “Aye, it’s driven’ me nuts”

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

Yeah, I have all the subtlety of a chainsaw murderer.  I lay out the nuclear option first to establish my sincerity.  If, by some freakish accident, I get a little subtle, I drop the oboe out there.  The squeaks made by a beginner double reed player are outstanding torture.

Have you ever heard a beginning violinist?  Far worse than an oboe. 

4 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

KISS. Just get them a recorder. Way simpler to get and transport, cheap as hell. Because even when well played, they sound like ass (but you should definitely listen to this, this entire channel is burst out laughing shittyness):

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Sam Lin said:

KISS. Just get them a recorder. Way simpler to get and transport, cheap as hell. Because even when well played, they sound like ass (but you should definitely listen to this, this entire channel is burst out laughing shittyness):

Dude, I play recorder.  Well, too.  Properly played they sound good.  That video is funny, though.

4 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Maya is exactly the same.  One floppy ear and a double coat.  I thought we should shave her for the summer but the vet said no way, not with the double coat.  Done and done.

But man, people who take their dogs everywhere with them are real pieces of work.  Except bars.  That's ok.

Sebastian is the same way.  He’s has a double coat, but I never even considered shaving him.  He would probably hide in embarrassment if I did.  He did come back from his check up last week with an ear infection in his one floppy ear though.  It’s no fun trying to put ear drops in a 65 pound puppy.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Sandman said:

My grandma used to have a car, I can’t recall the year, make, or model, that had cup holders that would spring out from the front of the arm rest (which itself could be raised and lowered). They consisted of two circular rings with a single little plastic bar beneath each to hold your drink in place. They were side by side. It was the weirdest thing. I searched online but couldn’t find a photo of that contraption.

In the age of information and instant electronic communication, fucking idiot morons who cannot discern between "reply" and "reply all"

Been receiving congrats all day on Cathy's promotion in Nevada, and I don't give a flying fuck.