Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

On 8/1/2022 at 6:06 AM, 52-80 said:

Driving on 2-lane roads when the motherfucker going in opposite direction is basically kissing the centerline. 

When I scoot over to the right and my tires are half off the pavement while the oncoming dipshit never gets over.   Yeah, dumbass, save your tires from getting dirty while we slap  mirrors…

On 8/1/2022 at 10:47 AM, Incredulity said:

Just did a trip to Scotland. Driving left hand stick was a trip.  Driving left hand stick, in the rain, on country roads barely wide enough for two cars was ass puckering.

Never thought about driving stick shift on the left. Is the orientation of the gears the same? Is the clutch to the right of the gas pedal just to make it exponentially more difficult and ensure a fiery death?

7 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Never thought about driving stick shift on the left. Is the orientation of the gears the same? Is the clutch to the right of the gas pedal just to make it exponentially more difficult and ensure a fiery death?

In the car I rented, a Nissan, the pedal and gear orientation are the same as US.  So that makes the gear orientation  backwards.  1st gear is further away from the driver.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

I saw a fat bitch impatiently waiting to jaywalk by the hospital, seemingly miffed that nobody was stopping to let her cross. Dumb bitch was literally less than 60 feet away from a permanent pedestrian crossing with full time flashing lights that all the cars were about to have to stop for anyway.  

• Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, HouTex said:

Pedestrians that wear dark clothing near or after dark-especially in poorly lit areas.  They have a death wish.  

In the Clear Lake area of Houston, Egret Bay/FM 270 is 4-lane, plus center lane road that is completely unlit.  A lot of the local day laborers ride their bikes back and forth on that road, including before dawn and after sunset.  They ride right down the middle of the middle lane, usually with dark clothes on. There are occasional accidents, but I’m surprised there aren’t more. 

5 minutes ago, nnm said:

In the Clear Lake area of Houston, Egret Bay/FM 270 is 4-lane, plus center lane road that is completely unlit.  A lot of the local day laborers ride their bikes back and forth on that road, including before dawn and after sunset.  They ride right down the middle of the middle lane, usually with dark clothes on. There are occasional accidents, but I’m surprised there aren’t more. 

California allows motorcyclists to ride between lanes.  That was scary as fuck at first.

41 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

California allows motorcyclists to ride between lanes.  That was scary as fuck at first.

I see that shit all over the west.  I haven't documented where it happens, but it isn't just California.  I am sure it is bleed over of the practice.

Scares the fuck out of me when some Harley goes rumbling by at 25-30mph in bumper to bumper.

Just now, Incredulity said:

I see that shit all over the west.  I haven't documented where it happens, but it isn't just California.  I am sure it is bleed over of the practice.

Scares the fuck out of me when some Harley goes rumbling by at 25-30mph in bumper to bumper.

I'm used to it now and I'm not mad at the bikers though, that's another topic as I think a lot of bikers can be shitheads.  But the first month it scared the shit out of me.  I wonder how many accidents have been caused.

Just now, closetohumping said:

I'm used to it now and I'm not mad at the bikers though, that's another topic as I think a lot of bikers can be shitheads.  But the first month it scared the shit out of me.  I wonder how many accidents have been caused.

I can't get used to it so it's slightly annoying, but on the grand scale who gives a shit.

It is surprising as hell to me that there aren't numerous serious accidents with a 700lb motorcycle bombing down a 6 ft or so corridor between row of slowly moving cars.  But, I haven't seen any occur.

Just now, HouTex said:

What’s a starfucker and what does it have to do with wearing dark clothes at night?

A starfucker is a shot that was consumed by a moderately cute blonde legislative aide who then ran over Will Muschamp’s nanny in Tarrytown while he was still the DC here.  

Cyclists in bike lanes going the wrong direction.

I was turning right, and looked to the left to see if there was any traffic. It was dark and luckily I glanced to the right to see 2 dipshits coming at me full speed, no lights, and wearing dark clothes. Maybe I should have granted them their death wish.

When I scoot over to the right and my tires are half off the pavement while the oncoming dipshit never gets over.   Yeah, dumbass, save your tires from getting dirty while we slap  mirrors…
I was always astounded at people cruising along in the left lanes of 290 going 70+ with only a thin strip of yellow paint between them and oncoming traffic.

10 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

Nothing starts your day quite like finding your garbage strewn across the yard when you step out to head to work.  I normally like trash pandas, but they better give me a wide berth today.

Spray some Windex on the can/bag and it will keep stray doggos from furkin' it up.  I'd use a .22 for anything else.

Edited by Bevo&Pevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

Spray some Windex on the can/bag and it will keep stray doggos from furkin' it up.  I'd use a .22 for anything else.

This one's on me.  I didn't lock down the lid like I should have, and raccoons are too smart to give them an opening like that.  It/they did the deed while I was asleep.  I know it's a raccoon from tracks in the sand near the can.  Annoying, but not worth shooting anything.

Delivery person who puts large heavy packages against a screen door. 

This was infuriating during covid. We’d get a restaurant delivery and they’d put it right against the screen door on the one step up to the door so all the food would spill if I pushed it with the door. We’ve got a giant covered porch. Set it anywhere else before you ring the bell and run.
  • Rage+1 2

On 8/3/2022 at 10:33 AM, BearMace said:

I saw a fat bitch impatiently waiting to jaywalk by the hospital, seemingly miffed that nobody was stopping to let her cross. Dumb bitch was literally less than 60 feet away from a permanent pedestrian crossing with full time flashing lights that all the cars were about to have to stop for anyway.  

Give her a break man. Do you know how much energy it takes to waddle 60 feet?

3 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Leftover pasta kicks ass. I see no problem.

the complaint is the incongruence between the common package size and a common recipe amount.  similar to hot dog buns coming 8 to a pack and hot dogs coming 10 to a pack. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, elfenix said:

the complaint is the incongruence between the common package size and a common recipe amount.  similar to hot dog buns coming 8 to a pack and hot dogs coming 10 to a pack. 

I have a lot of "older" recipes that, when they were written, you could get the ingredients in the amounts noted.  However, over time the packaging sizing has changed thus creating an issue.

HEB self checkout. 8 out of 10 times I use this, I get some weight mismatch or bagging error which requires me to have an attendant come over and clear the error. Either open the system up so it can work as intended, or shut it down completely. How the fuck is placing the item you scan on a scale supposed to stop shoplifting?  If I want to steal something, I just won’t scan it and just take it. 

Edited by cabowabo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

6 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

There is nothing more annoying than buying a pair of shorts off the internet and realizing the pockets are so shallow the iPhone falls out easily. 

Academy sells these pants/sweats that work for me in all seasons but damn if their pockets are too shallow and suck.  Have to watch out for phone, keys, etc... from falling out when I get in the car and such.  

On 8/3/2022 at 6:42 PM, DigglerontheHoof said:

SWA.

This used to be a well-run airline.  It’s now dog shit.

3rd trip in the last 3 weeks with multiple flight cancellations, no crews and incompetent employees.

Flew home from Jersey yesterday and felt like playing roulette. Crew barely made it to flight in DFW and were 30-45min late- no fucks really given as long as they didn't cancel our flight. .It was American.

About 800 things had already happened in Newark to put in this thread. What a world class shithole. I was just grateful to get home.

Edited by slorch

There is nothing more annoying than buying a pair of shorts off the internet and realizing the pockets are so shallow the iPhone falls out easily. 

Have a pair of shorts that I won’t put anything in the left pocket because of exactly this. Got in the car once and my phone was in that pocket. Well as I’m shutting the door I heard something fall but it was too late. Perfect timing made me shut the door on my phone.

Wife bought me shorts from target that I can’t keep my wallet in the back pocket. It’s so shallow my wallet fell out in the car(luckily) without me realizing.

HEB self checkout. 8 out of 10 times I use this, I get some weight mismatch or bagging error which requires me to have an attendant come over and clear the error. Either open the system up so it can work as intended, or shut it down completely. How the fuck is placing the item you scan on a scale supposed to stop shoplifting?  If I want to steal something, I just won’t scan it and just take it. 

One time at Central Market, I put my bag down and scanned some prime ribeyes, it dinged, I put them in the bag and then noticed that the message had popped up if I had placed a bag down. Hit yes and kept going. Didn’t realize until I got home that I got the steaks for free.
  • Haha 1

On 8/4/2022 at 8:31 PM, elfenix said:

pasta comes in 1 lb packages, but every goddamn recipe is for 12 ounces of pasta. 

buy 3 packs of pasta, take a quarter of the pasta out of each and make 4 recipes.

or increase recipe by 1/3 on other ingredients?

Either way, some math is staring you right in the face...

1 hour ago, Cheeseweasel said:

People who have to come to a complete stop to make a right hand turn.

Not to mention the ones who have to swing out to make a right turn.

This isn't the Indy 500, Brenda, your Lexus RX can make the turn without you needing to cut into the lane to your left. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

2 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Those are the same people who got a $360 ticket from the Frisco police department for rolling through a stop sign while turning right.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. Assholes who come to a complete stop making a right hand turn where there is no stop sign or light. 

• Hook 'Em 2