Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

2 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Sorry, I should have been more clear. Assholes who come to a complete stop making a right hand turn where there is no stop sign or light. 

There is a yield sign near my house going into a right hand turn with a clear field of view to the left.  At least 75% of the folks turning right treat the yield sign as a stop sign.

• Rage+1 4

When I lived in Center, Deep East Texas, there was an old lady in her 80s who would come to a complete stop in a 45 mph zone on one of the busiest streets in town and wait until there was no oncoming traffic before turning right into her driveway.  It was common to have to wait 5 or even 10 minutes for her to get off the street.  The whole town breathed a sigh of relief when her son took her keys.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

That black hole between the car seat and the center console where your french fries fall to turn irretrievably stale 

Not just French fries. Business cards. Credit cards. Keys. Cash. Anything important. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I am disgruntled when my email delivery is "delayed." 

Fuck you, email postal worker.  You say you will keep trying for 24 hours but we both know you won't  You will take the lazy way out and come back in a day and say "Sorry, we couldn't deliver this email."  You knew the truth all along.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Js1 said:

Not to mention the ones who have to swing out to make a right turn.

This isn't the Indy 500, Brenda, your Lexus RX can make the turn without you needing to cut into the lane to your left. 

That would be my wife. She actually got pulled over for it once. I can't count the times we've been leaving a parking lot or something and I need to tell her she's turning right from the wrong lane...

Got a quote to repaint the outside of our house for… $9000.

I was expecting the cost to be at least $8000 (with astronomical paint prices, shortage of labor, and speaking to some neighbors), but still a punch the gut to see it on paper.

The HOA only asked us to repaint the eaves, garage doors and trim, but that by itself would have been over $4500.

Time to break the piggy bank that intended for out trip to the waterfall in South America. 

Minecraft stopped working for the kids, so I bought the upgraded version of it.

Back when it was owned by Mahjong Studios, buy it and logging on was a breeze.

Now that Microsoft owns it, it is a beating to even buy the damn thing. Gotta create a X-box account, put in my address 2x, and donate a skin sample. Now that it's finally installed, my kids can't use their original log in to play the game because it's already taken.

Maybe it's user error on my part but I'm going to blame MS anyway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Superhero said:

Now that Microsoft owns it, it is a beating to even buy the damn thing. Gotta create a X-box account, put in my address 2x, and donate a skin sample. Now that it's finally installed, my kids can't use their original log in to play the game because it's already taken.

Tell those punk kids to get a job 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Superhero said:

Got a quote to repaint the outside of our house for… $9000.

I was expecting the cost to be at least $8000 (with astronomical paint prices, shortage of labor, and speaking to some neighbors), but still a punch the gut to see it on paper.

The HOA only asked us to repaint the eaves, garage doors and trim, but that by itself would have been over $4500.

Time to break the piggy bank that intended for out trip to the waterfall in South America. 

Get multiple quotes.

Edited by ztejas

57 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I went through the self-checkout lane at the store. My bill was $10.28. I put 28¢ in the coin feeder and $20 in the bill feeder expecting $10 in change. But one of my pennies wasn’t accepted by the coin feeder and it dropped unnoticed into the change receptacle. So I got that penny back plus $9.99 in change. 

An odd entry for your journal.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, BonzoMontreaux said:

People that don't under stand the left on yellow\red concept when there is no arrow.  

Assert your presence and pull forward into the intersection on the green light you fuck face.  You have the right of way when on coming traffic stops.

I never knew that.  So if the intersection is small then the one car that fits in the intersection gets to go through when the light turns?  But not others following him, right?  

1 minute ago, HouTex said:

I never knew that.  So if the intersection is small then the one car that fits in the intersection gets to go through when the light turns?  But not others following him, right?  

I believe it's technically running a red light either way. But I stand by what Bonzo said. 

They bought Skype some time ago and I travel abroad frequently. After they bought it, it was such a pain in the ass to to do anything with the app. You now need a Microsoft account to use it and they constantly require you to change your password which is a pain.

23 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Have them paint the house. Two birds, one stone.

When my kids were in high school, I got the bright idea that we would all work together to stain our fence. Family bonding.

Rather than use a sprayer I gave each of us a brush to do it by hand. After awhile it became obvious that the wood was absorbing the stain pretty badly so we kept having to add coats and it was taking forever. I was also using up stain like crazy. 

But we couldn’t quit because the fence was partially done and it would have looked terrible if I switched to a sprayer for two thirds of the fence. So, a 125 foot fence took four people three full days to paint, with something like 8 five gallon drums of stain. It was exhausting  the neighbors were laughing their ass off at us. 

We moved a year later. It’s been 13 years and I occasionally drive by the house. The same stain is still on there and it still looks incredible. Interesting lesson for the kids about hard work, and also a cautionary tale about coming up with half ass ideas. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/13/2022 at 5:10 AM, Dbeasy said:

When my kids were in high school, I got the bright idea that we would all work together to stain our fence. Family bonding.

Rather than use a sprayer I gave each of us a brush to do it by hand. After awhile it became obvious that the wood was absorbing the stain pretty badly so we kept having to add coats and it was taking forever. I was also using up stain like crazy. 

But we couldn’t quit because the fence was partially done and it would have looked terrible if I switched to a sprayer for two thirds of the fence. So, a 125 foot fence took four people three full days to paint, with something like 8 five gallon drums of stain. It was exhausting  the neighbors were laughing their ass off at us. 

We moved a year later. It’s been 13 years and I occasionally drive by the house. The same stain is still on there and it still looks incredible. Interesting lesson for the kids about hard work, and also a cautionary tale about coming up with half ass ideas. 

I stained my fence by myself, 120'L or so, using a roller, in 3 evenings, and 5 gallons of stain (which was the recommended amount).

Your white privilege is showing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/14/2022 at 12:08 PM, Superhero said:

I stained my fence by myself, 120'L or so, using a roller, in 3 evenings, and 5 gallons of stain (which was the recommended amount).

Your white   2% privilege is showing.

Fixed it.  Sorry you're poor.

I’ve probably mentioned this before or someone has, but sometimes during work lunch/after work I need to decompress and eat a little snack or a burger in peace and watch something on my phone. Find a nice open parking lot, and some fuck comes right and parks right next to me, when there’s a million other open spots. Fuck off you cunt! It’s like peeing next to someone when there’s other stalls open. 🤬🤬 Just happened now after a long day. 

Edited by hundredTT
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1