Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

Fuck, what a beating the DMV is. Had to renew my DL and wasnt eligible to do it online. You have to make an appointment these days and they are scheduling weeks out. So I show up 30 mins early today to make sure I fill out my application etc... and maybe I can get out early. Lulz. Checked in at 10 for a 10:30 appointment, and my number didnt get called until 11:50. Some bullshit about their systems being down yesterday and playing catch up. I'm guessing their systems fuck up every day. 

• Rage+1 1

Fuck, what a beating the DMV is. Had to renew my DL and wasnt eligible to do it online. You have to make an appointment these days and they are scheduling weeks out. So I show up 30 mins early today to make sure I fill out my application etc... and maybe I can get out early. Lulz. Checked in at 10 for a 10:30 appointment, and my number didnt get called until 11:50. Some bullshit about their systems being down yesterday and playing catch up. I'm guessing their systems fuck up every day. 
Not looking forward to this shit. We moved from Ft. Bend to Harris county so I'm pretty sure we have to go in person. Both cars are expired so I can't put it off much longer.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they require proof of insurance along with all the other paperwork to get a license? Asking for a friend. Literally.

Yes. Take your original birth certificate, marriage license, and a utility bill just to be safe. I wish I was kidding.
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, tigol said:

Yes. Take your original birth certificate, marriage license, and a utility bill just to be safe. I wish I was kidding.

I know you're not. Had a coworker tell me they were trying to get a TX license with a KY license. Their plates and insurance were expired. I'd be surprised if they walked out not under arrest. My best advice was buy a month of liability from some cheap online company before trying.

33 minutes ago, RPM said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they require proof of insurance along with all the other paperwork to get a license? Asking for a friend. Literally.

They didn't require any proof of insurance or proof of registration to RENEW a drivers license. My passport is also currently expired ( I get to deal with that bullshit tomorrow), so I brought my birth cert and  my SS card. You don't need the SS card, but I brought it because I was born overseas, and all I have is a notarized copy of my State Department birth certificate. I'm guessing I didn't need the SS card but they scanned both. I think a valid passport is all you need, but it doesn't hurt to bring back up documentation. Nobody wants to wait in that line twice. 

9 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

WTH?? Attaching padlocks to bridges? What is this madness?

bridge, well, anything that you can lock it and throw away the key to demonstrate that you and yours are forever and definitely won't break up next week because you can't agree on what kind of pizza to get.

• Haha 3

On 8/20/2022 at 8:10 AM, Txslnghrns said:

59e4a40bf4a12b18b4c7642a282e2b00.jpg

https://ridge.com/collections/wallets?page=2

Allows you to keep your wallet in one of your front pockets. Eliminates the worry of having it fall out of your back pocket.

I will offer a bit of advice to those switching from the old school, thick leather back pocket wallet to the new, slim front pocket wallet.    It feels like it’s not there for a while.  While you are adjusting to that feeling, be sure to double check that you actually have your wallet on you before you head to the airport.  Expensive lesson.

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:
2 hours ago, 52-80 said:
Why escalators always seem to be broken and how theyre so wonky to walk on

Speaking of escalators, I can't stand people who just ride it all the way up or down without even moving. Take some steps you lazy fucks

This right  here.  I am frequently flying through the ATL airport.  I am constantly saying "excuse me" as I go up and down thier long escalators and passing people.  I try to avoid the train in order to get my exercise.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, mininghorn88 said:

This right  here.  I am frequently flying through the ATL airport.  I am constantly saying "excuse me" as I go up and down thier long escalators and passing people.  I try to avoid the train in order to get my exercise.

I wish they would collectively come together and just cut all the power to these. Make people take some steps. I find it funny when an escalator is "out of order", people freak out. Like, it's now just normal stairs. walk up or down. It will be fine,

8 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I wish they would collectively come together and just cut all the power to these. Make people take some steps. I find it funny when an escalator is "out of order", people freak out. Like, it's now just normal stairs. walk up or down. It will be fine,

You should give this advice to some of your lady friends.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
5 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Speaking of escalators, I can't stand people who just ride it all the way up or down without even moving. Take some steps you lazy fucks

2 hours ago, mininghorn88 said:

I usually have luggage in the airport, and I'll stand still on the elevator thank you very much.

Now if you're talking about those moving walkways, then yes, I'm with you all the way. Most of the time I don't even get on them and just walk. It gets me a few extra steps so I can afford to eat my ultra unhealthy airport food.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/16/2022 at 12:47 PM, Blotto said:

You can schedule a meeting at any DPS office. A buddy from Southlake was going to Midland and scheduled his in Baird on the day of his travel. I scheduled one yesterday for tomorrow morning in the Abilene office. And I have enough documentation to make their head spin.

Nothing like having an intense ear ache to take you back to childhood.  Ugggh!!! I knew I shouldn't  have laid my head in that dirty water fountain.

3 hours from home( for work) and this shit hurts like a motherfucker.  Have dealt with ear issues all through adulthood, but it's usually limited to elevation changes and air travel causing pressure and intense pain.  I was coming off of a sore throat last week and had ear issues on Saturday, but thought I had managed through it.  Evidently not.

Fuck this shit.

On 8/21/2022 at 10:41 AM, Vic Mackey said:
On 8/21/2022 at 8:51 AM, 52-80 said:

DFW (or any) airport.... WALK LEFT STAND RIGHT.  There are signs every 40 feet yet the entitled people dont seem to care. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 8/23/2022 at 12:45 AM, deadshank said:

HEB Bunker Hill.  Stupid woman stops at entrance crosswalk at 5:30 PM so she  can have her daughter load the groceries.   What a selfish dipshit. 

009A58D0-CD42-47F9-A6BA-127831547893.jpeg

Push your t shopping cart straight through

• Hook 'Em 3

11 hours ago, Sam Lin said:

There was quite a bit of public awareness messaging about breaking down boxes in AZ, not because of space, but because thieves were driving around looking for big TV boxes so they knew which houses to break in to the next week.

Brb dropping an empty tv box on my boss’ front yard

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 8/21/2022 at 11:46 AM, mininghorn88 said:

I think that's fine in the airport if you have luggage. But make yourself as small as you can on the right side so people can pass. The moving walkways are an entirely different story though. I will want to murder you if you're standing still on that thing.

2 hours ago, markstanco said:

And another (reson I stopped by)....  Baseball announcers who act like they have seen a miraculous play when a player bare hands a slow roller.

ERRRRRMYYYYYGOOOOSSSSHHHHH he barehanded that ball!!!!!1!!!!!!! 

Hey, give Rudia credit for sacraficing his body on that rocket.  That guy's got a family to think about.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/21/2022 at 10:41 AM, Vic Mackey said:
On 8/21/2022 at 8:51 AM, 52-80 said:

Ooooo man I can tell you don't go to Rangers games. I've had security give me "the talk" for doing that. I still think it's fuckin stupid but I don't want to lose my season tickets or get arrested 

• Like 1

On 8/23/2022 at 10:39 PM, Sam Lin said:

There was quite a bit of public awareness messaging about breaking down boxes in AZ, not because of space, but because thieves were driving around looking for big TV boxes so they knew which houses to break in to the next week.

Always thought that was common knowledge.  Break it down and put it in the recycling a piece at a time.  That’s usually my biggest concern with having furniture delivered or contract work done at the house.  WTF else are these guys casing in my house for the future?