Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

51 minutes ago, GoPokes83 said:

Hitting unsubscribe on spam email and having to enter my email address to unsubscribe. Motherfuckers you had my email address to send me this shit!

Thank you for confirming your account is active and spammable. We will now sell your address to fellow spammers at a higher price. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 2

Money the govt “needs” for something.

Why do you hate kids so much that you wouldn’t spend $1.50 to keep them safe?
Obligatory..Fuck Them Kids!

Probably because whatever lie was told to justify the fund will never actually work. And definitely won't see the majority of the money.

Also any vehicles fees should go towards transportation needs only. The roads in Harris county are bad.

If you want to save them lil bastards put it on my sales tax.8c530322469bef9a1f168c8f5056bdbc.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Filling out forms for a new Physician: No editable PDF. Must print and fill out.

Me: Slightly surly.

Spaces on the form are too small to give them the information they are asking for.

Me: Very surly.

I had an allergist appointment recently. I filled out the health history form in full before the appointment.

The nurse then proceeds to go line by line with me on the health history form confirming my answers and asking follow up questions.

What the fuck are we doing here? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

Thank you for confirming your account is active and spammable. We will now sell your address to fellow spammers at a higher price. 
Yep. I don't even unsubscribe anymore with even their button. Also, Gmail when you flag something as spam, asks if you also want to unsubscribe. No, I'll pass. I think when you pick that option, they send an automated email. I don't mind my spam folder piling up. I'll check every so often to make sure nothing important is there.

Same as the Robo calls. I used to answer too often and they kept happening more and more. Even picking up and hanging but that also shows you are active. I stopped answering any number I'm not familiar with. Robocalls never leave a voicemail. Businesses usually will who need to get a hold of you.
  • Hook 'Em 2

The people who drive around on trash day picking up thrown out items.

My neighbor and I have a paved section between our driveways, inside sidewalk, for a nice 8x8. It’s perfect, with a bench, two tables, a foot rest and two chairs. We, and other neighbors use it as a gathering place to catch up and enjoy our libations.

Anyhow, came out trash day morning and those chairs, one table and foot rest are gone. Been there for almost 10 years. Fuck you, trashy ass people!

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, General Specific said:

My neighbor and I have a paved section between our driveways, inside sidewalk, for a nice 8x8. It’s perfect, with a bench, two tables, a foot rest and two chairs. We, and other neighbors use it as a gathering place to catch up and enjoy our libations.

Anyhow, came out trash day morning and those chairs, one table and foot rest are gone. Been there for almost 10 years. Fuck you, trashy ass people!

I thought you were supposed to use the alley for that.

E96C66FC-DC36-41CF-951E-20786262B8F8.thumb.jpeg.748c6a7efc284fbaf5e2a57e60269e93.jpeg

• Like 2

On 1/26/2023 at 11:27 AM, Brothahorn said:

$1.50 child safety fund fee on my vehicle registration. What the hell is this? And why is it on vehicle registrations?

"Our records show you recently started a vehicle registration renewal but did not submit it. To complete a renewal on TxT, you'll need to return in 24 hours and start a new one."

who the fuck designed this dumb ass shit?  every other web service if i have to step away for a bit i can come back right where i left off. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hpara759 said:

local news stations...constant "STAY HOME>>STAY OFF THE ROADS!" 

and they have a mobile unit driving around the city telling us how bad it is outside

They don't want their mobile unit to run into traffic or some dumbass Karen who skids through a red light and plows into their van because she had to check Facebook/Pinterest? 

The spring-loaded displays in the cold and cough remedy section at HEB.  The springs are so tight that once the leading package of say Zyrtec is removed from the display the following package launches forward and hops the display curb and onto the floor.  

Maybe they could back off the tension a piece?

• Hook 'Em 3

58 minutes ago, deadshank said:

The spring-loaded displays in the cold and cough remedy section at HEB.  The springs are so tight that once the leading package of say Zyrtec is removed from the display the following package launches forward and hops the display curb and onto the floor.  

Maybe they could back off the tension a piece?

You’re lucky it’s not behind glass. Yet. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Sits in truck 

Makes phone call

Blocks diesel pump (other diesel pumps don’t work)

Does not care about others 

Finally gets out to pump gasoline

Runs credit card

Credit card doesn’t work

Pays cash ($5)

Gets in truck

Finishes phone call

I honk

He gets irate

I’m the bad guy 

D20E3DCD-398C-4424-8099-0117C9B32768.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 5

8 hours ago, deadshank said:

Sits in truck 

Makes phone call

Runs credit card

Credit card doesn’t work

Pays cash ($5)

Gets in truck

Finishes phone call

I honk

He gets irate

I’m the bad guy 

D20E3DCD-398C-4424-8099-0117C9B32768.jpeg

costco gas across the street was almost certainly worse (tho no diesel)

Sits in truck 
Makes phone call
Runs credit card
Credit card doesn’t work
Pays cash ($5)
Gets in truck
Finishes phone call
I honk
He gets irate
I’m the bad guy 

D20E3DCD-398C-4424-8099-0117C9B32768.thumb.jpeg.fe7caedeeb01c413c1b3a98fbd7a0d03.jpeg
I'm not saying you should fire a few warning shots, but I would understand.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

A few days ago I got a phishing email that slipped into my inbox.  The usual shit that says I forgot to pay my invoice for the Apple iPhone I ordered and just follow the link below to review and pay the invoice.  I just reported it as phishing and moved on. Well, apparently they sent it out to a whole shit load of technologically impaired old people and for the last three days I’ve been getting emails from people that replied all saying they didn’t order an iPhone. Fuck scammers and old people

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 1/26/2023 at 11:27 AM, Brothahorn said:

$1.50 child safety fund fee on my vehicle registration. What the hell is this? And why is it on vehicle registrations?

To pay for people who won't look in their back seats?

Probably already been said, but calling customer service and being asked to verify name, address, account number, whatever else before being connected to a person who then asks me to verify name, address, account number, whatever else only to be told I need to be transferred and then having to verify my name, address, account number, whatever else yet again. Round and round we go.

Makes me want to make everyone involved in creating that system have to go through it. Then I stab them all.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Pregnant pictures.

A young cousin and his girl are having a baby. This mitch just posted pictures of her big ass stomach uncovered and him standing there looking like a damn fool. When the hell did this become a thing? Why is this a thing? I would never allow my kids mom to do some shit like that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Pregnant pictures.

A young cousin and his girl are having a baby. This mitch just posted pictures of her big ass stomach uncovered and him standing there looking like a damn fool. When the hell did this become a thing? Why is this a thing? I would never allow my kids mom to do some shit like that.

This Surly! You must show your work to receive any credit!

2 minutes ago, General Specific said:

This Surly! You must show your work to receive any credit!

I won't judge your fetish but you don't want to see her. Plus I don't want my family embarrassed. He's already pissy because the family, including his momma, is clowning his ass. 

Imagine this after 3 kids already

image.png.767bc0f15e67fc6676f99c65a3747822.png

18 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Multiple tshirt tags.  Put on a tshirt that had like 4 tags, one a 3 incher sticking me in the side.  Thought it was my Uncle Lou.  Wait what?

Some garments and products of mine have like 20 tags stacked one atop another, like in 10 different languages and shit. 

If people want to help eliminate waste, theres one

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Work tables with walled legs and slide-out keyboard trays might be the worst furniture design in the history of furniture design0D1BD723-F199-47CD-BDF3-0972727DFDA6.thumb.jpeg.db78a50150546b94b88e46d4899f3890.jpeg

The needlessly restrictive foot area is also a deal-breaking design flaw. 

Whoever purchased any of that furniture should be thrown through that window, followed shortly by the furniture itself. 

On 1/29/2023 at 1:12 PM, General Specific said:

That’s probably not the junk collector dudes.  That sounds more like straight up theft.