Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

My boss had a loss in her family and hasn’t been in the office since last December. Last I heard she’s out indefinitely.
So in the meantime who gets to do both jobs?
image.gif.bec76913c5b450f703f511e81fdbce81.gif

This is not a brag. It fucking sucks. 

Unless she murdered said family member and is in jail awaiting trial or owns the company this is unacceptable! 4 months bereavement leave and it’s still ongoing?
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Buy old metal ones off Fleabay or from weirdo neighbors like I do. I'll never buy one of those safety cans.

My boss had a loss in her family and hasn’t been in the office since last December. Last I heard she’s out indefinitely.
So in the meantime who gets to do both jobs?
image.gif.bec76913c5b450f703f511e81fdbce81.gif

This is not a brag. It fucking sucks. 
You'll be compensated with a nice Subway gift card.

Fuck government-mandated childproof gas can nozzles right in the goat ass

Love refilling my snowblower and when it’s about full, i disengage the spring loaded top causing a tiny volcano of gas to spill onto the top of the blower causing the garage to eventually smell like gas and my wife asking me if the house is going to blow up
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 3/7/2023 at 8:03 AM, Vic Mackey said:

I have thought the same thing but then came to conclude it is the difference in network tv versus premium channel shows. Going all the way back to The Oz on HBO, which seems to be one of the first premium channel shows, the episodes per season were only about 12. As opposed to network shows that had 20-24 episodes a season. I also heard it's more of an American thing, too. British series have less episodes per season than American shows.

Or maybe it has something to do with being able to produce twice as many half hour shows in a season as they do one hour shows. 

SIAP.
People who cannot control the speed at which they drive.  They will randomly change speeds plus or minus 10 miles per hour making it difficult to pass them particularly on a two lane road.  However, once you manage to get around them they magically can control their speed by staying right behind you.

Just followed someone going 2.5 under the limit for 15 miles on a busy 2 lane with no opportunity to pass!
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

On 3/8/2023 at 2:29 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Fuck government-mandated childproof gas can nozzles right in the goat ass

Dad still has an old school metal gas can that's just a simple screw on lid with a short flexible hose and an easy removable stopper at the end.

It's the only thing I demand to inherit. If some dumb kid comes into my garage and drinks from it like it's a Slurpee, so be it. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Or maybe it has something to do with being able to produce twice as many half hour shows in a season as they do one hour shows. 

No, I covered this in my original gripe. There were full seasons, 20+ episodes each, of the hour long shows too (Dallas, LA Law, etc., etc.). 

3 hours ago, nnm said:

No, I covered this in my original gripe. There were full seasons, 20+ episodes each, of the hour long shows too (Dallas, LA Law, etc., etc.). 

Dallas was a prime time soap. I don’t think that’s a good comparison. But I was just talking about the comparison to a half hour sitcom. I never watched Dallas much and I’ve never watched L.A. Law. 

Company wanted me to update my computer software. I thought it would be a minor patch and be I'd be able to get back to work. But nooooooooo, it was updating to Windows 11 in the middle of the day. An hour of productivity out the window.

Anyway, so far Windows 11 doesn't seem too different from 10 except for the fucking Taskbar. If I have 3 Excel files open, it only shows me 1 Excel icon, and I have to hover over it and squint, trying to figure out which one I'm actually looking for. It's only been 1.5 days and I'm already getting ragey.

33 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Transporting mobile homes makes me rage.  Taking up 2 lanes on the I35. 

When I became president my first order of business will be outlawing this. Then we'll figure out climate and the economy.

Simple solution is that oversized loads should only move late at night on interstates and U.S. highways. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 3/8/2023 at 2:34 PM, Cheeseweasel said:

Fucking A.

Filling the chainsaw this weekend and spilled almost as much as I put in because of those POS.

The vapors are destroying the environment.

What about the 100ml that spill every time I use the fucking gascan?

Note: One of my most prized possessions is an old school one-gallon plastic gascan with straight flow nozzle/ no locking mousetrap mechanisms.  I will shoot to kill somebody walking off with that sumbeech.

17 hours ago, Superhero said:

thought it would be a minor patch and be I'd be able to get back to work. But nooooooooo, it was updating to Windows 11 in the middle of the day. An hour of productivity out the window.

Sounds like a great excuse to not work for an hour - go for a walk, go to the gym, etc. Is that all you do is work?

I know bitching about driving stuff is stale and somewhat taboo on this thread, but how in the mothereffin hell does a grown ass adult not know that you can turn left on a blinking yellow light?  Every, fucking day.  My route home takes me to an intersection which has a green arrow for all of like 5 seconds, then a flashing yellow for 30 seconds or so.  Every day I'm behind some fuckswitch that just sits there with a completely clear opposite lane.  When the light changes, it takes 3-4 mins to get to the next cycle.  I'd honk, but I'm averse to road rage + I'm always afraid that it'll be someone I know since I teach in the area.  /drunk rant

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

Dont know if people realize that in movies, while they relabel everything into fiction (license plates, business names), when aircrafts appear the tail numbers are legitimate. 

When I see helicopters or jets on an old movie, I google the registration to see if its still in service and what its up to. 

Probably a little bit neurotic / spectrum. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Dont know if people realize that in movies, while they relabel everything into fiction (license plates, business names), when aircrafts appear the tail numbers are legitimate. 

When I see helicopters or jets on an old movie, I google the registration to see if its still in service and what its up to. 

image.gif.84b60616b7852dcb45b482e3de38c828.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, 52-80 said:

That's fascinating.

4 hours ago, GoPokes83 said:

Grew up on the Chiefs. Otis Taylor died yesterday and I’m old.

I've lived in the OKC metro for 35+ years, never saw any Chiefs fans out and about until they won the SB a few years ago. Now those fuckers are everywhere. Piss off, bandwagon jumpers.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I know bitching about driving stuff is stale and somewhat taboo on this thread, but how in the mothereffin hell does a grown ass adult not know that you can turn left on a blinking yellow light?  Every, fucking day.  My route home takes me to an intersection which has a green arrow for all of like 5 seconds, then a flashing yellow for 30 seconds or so.  Every day I'm behind some fuckswitch that just sits there with a completely clear opposite lane.  When the light changes, it takes 3-4 mins to get to the next cycle.  I'd honk, but I'm averse to road rage + I'm always afraid that it'll be someone I know since I teach in the area.  /drunk rant

I have an intersection near me that has a no right on red DURING SCHOOL HOURS (there is an elementary on the corner).....every fucking weekend...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GoPokes83 said:

and call their uniforms kits.

ooh thats a good one.  same goes in bicycling too.

i blame it on insidious british language-imperialism.  trying to sneak their lexicon on america because they lost a physicla war 300 years ago.

Edited by 52-80

7 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

ooh thats a good one.  same goes in bicycling too.

i blame it on insidious british language-imperialism. trying to sneak their lexicon on america because they lost a physicla war 300 years ago.

They probably do have command of capitalization and spelling in their own language. 

Edited by nnm

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

I've lived in the OKC metro for 35+ years, never saw any Chiefs fans out and about until they won the SB a few years ago. Now those fuckers are everywhere. Piss off, bandwagon jumpers.

Lol, sounds about right. The wife and I lived in Kansas City back in 95 when I was working on the new  federal courthouse. When football season started I could not believe how Chiefs crazy the entire place went. One woman we met in a bar, who had to havbeen 85 years old, was completely decked out in Chiefs gear from head to toe beginning on Friday and all through the weekend.  Red and yellow clothes, feather earrings and red and yellow hair. Talk about a rabid fan? She was the epitome of ìt.  That old gal had to have found the fountain of youth somewhere. 

21 hours ago, Js1 said:

Sounds like a great excuse to not work for an hour - go for a walk, go to the gym, etc. Is that all you do is work?

Lately? Yeah.

It’s affecting my health - not sleeping enough, heart palpitations, fast heart rate. I’m afraid to check my blood pressure.

I’ve started to work out in the mornings which has helped a lot, but we are simply short handed and the work is not magically going away.

The great news is we’ve hired 2 pretty experienced guys who can lead projects. Now all I have to do is hire another senior manager, 2 more managers, more project engineers and someone who’s good at structures.

I’ve been given the go ahead and hire whatever I need. With the market potentially slowing down, there will be more people looking for a stable job, so hopefully we’ll get there by the end of the year.

7 minutes ago, Superhero said:

Lately? Yeah.

It’s affecting my health - not sleeping enough, heart palpitations, fast heart rate. I’m afraid to check my blood pressure.

I’ve started to work out in the mornings which has helped a lot, but we are simply short handed and the work is not magically going away.

The great news is we’ve hired 2 pretty experienced guys who can lead projects. Now all I have to do is hire another senior manager, 2 more managers, more project engineers and someone who’s good at structures.

I’ve been given the go ahead and hire whatever I need. With the market potentially slowing down, there will be more people looking for a stable job, so hopefully we’ll get there by the end of the year.

Hey man - take care of yourself. A lot of us enjoy having you around. Sometimes work needs to take a backseat. You aren't doing your company any favors if you're dead. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Superhero said:

Lately? Yeah.

Lot of warning signs you need to pay attention to. Don't know how to put it mildly but, you're a fucking ticking time bomb.

Take care of yourself FIRST and fuck the rest.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, ztejas said:

Hey man - take care of yourself. A lot of us enjoy having you around. Sometimes work needs to take a backseat. You aren't doing your company any favors if you're dead. 

And not to be rude but, they won't appreciate or remember a single damned sacrifice you made for more than 60 seconds...if that.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

On 3/10/2023 at 11:09 PM, Knoxtnhorn said:

Getting stuck behind those people, or people who won’t turn right on red, or don’t know that you can turn left on red from a one way to a one way is a drag. But I’ve twice been stuck behind someone who wouldn’t turn right in a right turn only lane when they had a green arrow. The lights were red for drivers going straight or turning left but the right turn arrow was green and they just fucking sat there until all the lights were green before they turned.

I’ve got no problem with confrontation and I’m not afraid of anyone’s road rage if they’re too stupid to go when the light is green. So I laid on the horn both times. One was an old man and he just seemed oblivious. The other was a girl with two dudes in the car and they got pissed at me. This was coming off the highway where there’s a mall right off the exit. The right lane on the exit ramp has a green arrow 24/7. It turns into its own lane on the cross street so anyone coming from the left would have to change lanes to use it. There’s a sign there that says, “Continuous right turn with caution.” Obviously there are people coming from the left who will be merging into that lane in order to go to the mall but you’ve got the right of way. Just watch out.

As I approached the green arrow I saw two vehicles stopped there. There was a van stopped in front of the girl. That’s when I started honking. I was honking at the van because this girl was shirking her responsibility to make him go. Eventually he went. Then she pulled forward and stopped. That’s when I just laid on the horn and didn’t let up. The two dudes in her car turned around to look at me and flipped me off. I kept pointing up to the light. “GO!” She waited until all the lights were green before she moved. She was going to the mall, I was going on past and I wound up next to them at the next light. They were yelling at me and flipping me off. You’re damn right I rolled down my passenger side window. I just kept yelling back at them, “You were stopped at a green light! Green means GO! You were stopped at a green light! GREEN MEANS GO!” Eventually our lights turned green and I pointed up at the light and said one last time, “GREEN MEANS GO!” and drove off. I wish I could’ve been there the next time they took that exit and realized what they’d done. ‘Oh, the light’s always green...and we were...oh.’ Morons.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

And not to be rude but, they won't appreciate or remember a single damned sacrifice you made for more than 60 seconds...if that.

Very true.

I've got another week of this, then I'm off to Hawaii for a week for spring break. We're staying at Aulani, which for me is a true vacation. We've been there multiple times, the kids are old enough to play on their own, and only come find us when they're hungry. I get to stretch out and read a book and hopefully bang the wife while the kids are at the lazy river.

The lovely lady who insists on double parking her dually at daycare, and sitting in the parking lot on the phone for 20 minutes idling, all the while filling the playground with diesel fumes.  I drove a diesel for 4 years, and knew DAMN well you can shut it down and restart it without causing detrimental damage.

Also, the 360 and Courtyard stoplight.  If you're heading east turning north, stay the hell in the left lane, leave the right lane for those turning south, as that light only goes green every other cycle.  Quickest way to get me enraged!

• Hook 'Em 1