Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

That said, the quality and timing of celebrations are open to criticism.  I agree it's dumb as fuck to celebrate after tackling a guy after a 20 yard gain, or celebrating when the ref makes a call elsewhere on the field.  And some celebrations suck.  "Feed me" sucks, I wish he'd come up with something else.

The nearest I’ve ever come to a fight with an Aggie was me laughing at their nose tackle dancing after making a play for a one yard loss on their own 5. It was the 4th quarter of 77-0 and OU was just falling down to avoid making it worse.

On 12/16/2018 at 9:54 AM, BurntEyes said:

That is me, not because I can't and I will do a reverse into the spot if someone is waiting. Rather, if no one is around my OCD takes over for a perfect parking job.

Don't want to end up on the parking asshole thread.

You're still an asshole, though. Just saying

Y'all are the people who want sports to be boring as shit with no celebrating or having fun. It's a game. It isn't serious. Heaven forbid they enjoy what they are doing and show it. But middle aged white men on the couch get triggered by young men having fun playing a sport. Get off my lawn!
But if a touchdown celebration is choreographed then it sucks?

24 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
17 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
Y'all are the people who want sports to be boring as shit with no celebrating or having fun. It's a game. It isn't serious. Heaven forbid they enjoy what they are doing and show it. But middle aged white men on the couch get triggered by young men having fun playing a sport. Get off my lawn!

But if a touchdown celebration is choreographed then it sucks?

No shit choreographing  touchdown celebrations, Jesus that's lame .

One trivial thing that makes me surly is major, brick-and-mortar retailers which have a website that can't even tell me if a specific product is in stock at a given physical store location. Why would you not use your website to leverage and support sales at your own stores? If I wanted to order online and wait, I'd use Amazon. Sometimes I need something FAST and I just need to know, before I drive all over town, whether or not it's in stock. Yet (some) companies still make it a total pain in the ass to find this out.  I swear, some companies have their online shit set up like it's designed to compete with their own brick and mortar assets, rather than complement them.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Paper_jam said:

One trivial thing that makes me surly is major, brick-and-mortar retailers which have a website that can't even tell me if a specific product is in stock at a given physical store location. Why would you not use your website to leverage and support sales at your own stores? If I wanted to order online and wait, I'd use Amazon. Sometimes I need something FAST and I just need to know, before I drive all over town, whether or not it's in stock. Yet (some) companies still make it a total pain in the ass to find this out.  I swear, some companies have their online shit set up like it's designed to compete with their own brick and mortar assets, rather than complement them.

That's why many of them are receiving a good ole retail ass-whoopin by their competition.

It's a beautiful thing really.

Loyalty is to price and service, not the name on the sign outside.

Have to admit, Home Depot is the shit when it comes to that.  You can go on their website, and it'll tell you if it's in stock, and if you select a store, it'll tell you what isle and bin it's in even.  Comes in real handy when you're looking for the odd things that you buy once every 10 years if that.

• Like 1

You are at a very large building with lots of entrances, road construction nearby, and one way streets getting in and out, so you send the person picking you up a google maps pin with the precise location of where you want them to meet you.  You explain that the meeting point you sent is at a particular entrance that will simplify their drive in and out as well as simplify the pickup, so it's important to understand that the pin is precise.

The driver insists on having the address so that they can plug it into their GPS. You tell them to just drive to the pin, but they insist on the address. 

They call saying they are stuck due to a construction detour.  This is the first sign they aren't using your pin.

Eventually, they arrive, but you do not see them.  They keep telling you they are at the pin despite the fact that you are standing at it within 10'.  When they say "at the pin" they mean "when you zoom out far enough that you can see the entire city".  They are actually on the other side of the massive building, which you cannot walk across due to security checkpoints.

You start walking around the building and end up driving through a bunch of one way streets with construction detours.

31 minutes ago, BadgerHorn said:

You are at a very large building with lots of entrances, road construction nearby, and one way streets getting in and out, so you send the person picking you up a google maps pin with the precise location of where you want them to meet you.  You explain that the meeting point you sent is at a particular entrance that will simplify their drive in and out as well as simplify the pickup, so it's important to understand that the pin is precise.

The driver insists on having the address so that they can plug it into their GPS. You tell them to just drive to the pin, but they insist on the address. 

They call saying they are stuck due to a construction detour.  This is the first sign they aren't using your pin.

Eventually, they arrive, but you do not see them.  They keep telling you they are at the pin despite the fact that you are standing at it within 10'.  When they say "at the pin" they mean "when you zoom out far enough that you can see the entire city".  They are actually on the other side of the massive building, which you cannot walk across due to security checkpoints.

You start walking around the building and end up driving through a bunch of one way streets with construction detours.

Not sure all that counts as trivial.  But it does make me surly.

52 minutes ago, PvilleStang said:

Have to admit, Home Depot is the shit when it comes to that.  You can go on their website, and it'll tell you if it's in stock, and if you select a store, it'll tell you what isle and bin it's in even.  Comes in real handy when you're looking for the odd things that you buy once every 10 years if that.

Good thing too because good luck finding anyone there to help you.

8 hours ago, Paper_jam said:

I will raise you ... called a regional brick/mortar to ask if they had an item.  It was an 8 foot field gate, so I needed to drive my truck to get it, and drive 25 minutes to the store.  "Yep, computer shows it's in stock!"  Go to the store and it is out of stock.  "Hmm, computer says it's here.  Sorry, guess I'll have to update the computer!"

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ernest_t_bass said:

I will raise you ... called a regional brick/mortar to ask if they had an item.  It was an 8 foot field gate, so I needed to drive my truck to get it, and drive 25 minutes to the store.  "Yep, computer shows it's in stock!"  Go to the store and it is out of stock.  "Hmm, computer says it's here.  Sorry, guess I'll have to update the computer!"

Every damn time. 

Compounded by the fact that if, by some miracle, they have the item it is damaged.

2 hours ago, PvilleStang said:

Yeah, the HD near the house is excellent about this and as mentioned above, Target is the worst about saying it's in stock and then nope, not in stock.

2 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Blame the gubmint for that. "free" does not mean "not taxable". They have to tax it at what the normal selling cost would be/

I think more accurately what they will ultimately pay for the device.  It says no down payment, which means there are payments just none up front.  

The count or "on hand" can be fucked up before it gets on the truck, it can get further fucked by human error when it gets off the truck and stocked. There is absolutely no way to have an online service with accurate counts of what's on hand and what isn't. That's why you call and ask them to put eyes on it and ask for a count.

Agreed that the real time inventory count is awesome...as long as it's accurate. I think it was Target that said they had something in stock only for me to get there and have them say 'yeah, that thing isn't accurate at all.'

If it was a good deal on something, the employees purchased all the stock after you called. Never call.

If it's not a deal, order online for pickup.

1 hour ago, Dewey said:

The count or "on hand" can be fucked up before it gets on the truck, it can get further fucked by human error when it gets off the truck and stocked. There is absolutely no way to have an online service with accurate counts of what's on hand and what isn't. That's why you call and ask them to put eyes on it and ask for a count.

So you expect to be able to call, during the Christmas holidays no less, have whoever answers the phone to actually put you on hold, walk across the store,  look at the correct item to verify it's there, walk back across the store, pick up the phone again, and confirm  that it's there to you.  Has this actually ever occurred for you?

• Like 1

So you expect to be able to call, during the Christmas holidays no less, have whoever answers the phone to actually put you on hold, walk across the store,  look at the correct item to verify it's there, walk back across the store, pick up the phone again, and confirm  that it's there to you.  Has this actually ever occurred for you?
I've done it numerous times for people. They have these cordless phones where one can walk around the store. All you have to do is call customer service, tell them you need to talk to whatever department and they hook you up with that department. Or you can trust the iffy online count, drive to the store and when the product you want isnt there, bitch at the person who has no control over what is in stock and isn't.

On 11/27/2018 at 8:10 PM, HenryJames said:

People who go to the hotel breakfast in their pajamas.

People in their pajamas past 8 am anywhere that isn't their own house.

I mostly work in the field or from home, but I do go in to the office once a week or so. Few weeks ago, everybody was wearing flannel sweat pants and tee shirts. I had forgotten that it was "pajama day". Fucking pajama day. Pajama fucking day. Jesus wept.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I mostly work in the field or from home, but I do go in to the office once a week or so. Few weeks ago, everybody was wearing flannel sweat pants and tee shirts. I had forgotten that it was "pajama day". Fucking pajama day. Pajama fucking day. Jesus wept.

I knew a guy in college who used to exclusively wear pajama pants.  To class.  To parties.  To run errands.  Fucking everywhere.

He was also one of those really annoying stoners who had wealthy parents that enabled his weird bullshit, but he always had weed so people put up with it for awhile.  He was from suburban St. Louis and couldn't go 10 minutes without mentioning that Albert Pujols lived on his street.  He was the fucking worst.

Edited by Al_4_ISU

33 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I knew a guy in college who used to exclusively wear pajama pants.  To class.  To parties.  To run errands.  Fucking everywhere.

He was also one of those really annoying stoners who had wealthy parents that enabled his weird bullshit, but he always had weed so people put up with it for awhile.  He was from suburban St. Louis and couldn't go 10 minutes without mentioning that Albert Pujols lived on his street.  He was the fucking worst.

you knew the derel?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Doing it here at work tomorrow. I'm wearing sweats. With a "Hello Kitty" print.

3 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said: