Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

On 1/5/2019 at 9:42 AM, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

I logged on to American Express website when I was in Canada and for the last year every time I log on it directs me to the /ca website. It works though so I don’t care just think it’s weird.

Clear your browser's cache.

5 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Yep. I had the wife trained to hit such places regularly to check and air up her tires. But now, the machine is always broken, or it costs $3. And that doesn’t help when you’re somewhere remote and notice a low tire.

I bought her a nice portable $40 air compressor that runs off the vehicle power. You pick the pressure you want, and it fills till auto shutoff. It’s fool(wife)proof. She loves it, and has used it several times.

I can’t understand letting someone drive if they can’t pump their own gas, check and add oil, and check and air up and change their own tire. Those are the bare-minimums.

Holy shit, link?  Wife needs this so bad.

Why in the holy hell does my DirectTV remote turn things off when I press the "on" button?

It's got an on and an off button.  My kids will be on Netflix or YourTube.  DirectTV is not on.  So I switch the input using my tv remote to tv.  As soon as I hit the "on" button for DirectTV, it turns DirectTV on and my tv off.  Unless a remote has a single power button, nothing should EVER turn off when I press on.

Why in the holy hell does my DirectTV remote turn things off when I press the "on" button?
It's got an on and an off button.  My kids will be on Netflix or YourTube.  DirectTV is not on.  So I switch the input using my tv remote to tv.  As soon as I hit the "on" button for DirectTV, it turns DirectTV on and my tv off.  Unless a remote has a single power button, nothing should EVER turn off when I press on.

It's a toggle. Drives me crazy.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Because fuck DirecTV. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Homercles said:

People who walk down the middle of the road in parking lots. Drives me nuts.

When you give folks reasonable leeway to make their way to their vehicle or to the store and they move like someone riding the clock in an hourly job, " Hey motherfucker, you have the right of way, and I recognized your space/ safety.  Now move your fucking ass!:

Edited by slorch

Waiting on DHL home delivery of big, important, heavy parcel  (hence not delivering to office).  Tracking system doesnt give high granularity, or estimated delivery time - just date.  So I'm loathe to take a shit, have a shower, walk the dog, etc, cuz I need this motherfucker to arrive

1 hour ago, 52-80 said:

Waiting on DHL home delivery of big, important, heavy parcel  (hence not delivering to office).  Tracking system doesnt give high granularity, or estimated delivery time - just date.  So I'm loathe to take a shit, have a shower, walk the dog, etc, cuz I need this motherfucker to arrive

They're not coming before 10 am. 

Get a Harmony remote. I didn’t know people still used stock remotes.
  • Like 1

Dude walking around Whole Foods with a bluetooth speaker in his shopping cart playing shit rock music out loud, not super loud, but loud enough to hear halfway across the produce section.   

Edited by Loco

IMG-3280.jpg

At Home Depot on Saturday.  That white car spent over a minute blocking me while waiting for the spot next to that family on the right, as they walked to their car and got their kids secured into car seats.  There are two open spaces next to the blue ford down there, where I parked.  They invested a non-trivial amount of waiting time to save 28 feet of walking on a 70 degree day.

Drove me semi insane.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, VolenteHawk said:

IMG-3280.jpg

At Home Depot on Saturday.  That white car spent over a minute blocking me while waiting for the spot next to that family on the right, as they walked to their car and got their kids secured into car seats.  There are two open spaces next to the blue ford down there, where I parked.  They invested a non-trivial amount of waiting time to save 28 feet of walking on a 70 degree day.

Drove me semi insane.

It looks like you had room to pass them. 

15 minutes ago, VolenteHawk said:

IMG-3280.jpg

Drove me semi insane.

Anyone who is waiting on us while we haven't loaded our daughter gets to wait twice as long now. It's fine if we're already in the car, but if not you're likely going to just block someone like you and you should feel bad.

On 1/5/2019 at 9:06 PM, Okie State said:
On 1/5/2019 at 11:22 AM, dingleberryswitzer said:
I'm here at the discount tire for new  tires , and there is like a line 5 deep to get air pressure checked.   Can't believe how many can't figure out how to do this themselves.   Sure it's free, but I can do it in like 5 minutes with a cheap inflator at home.

I had no idea this was a thing. A small, basic air compressor is like $100 and will last for years.

you buying bicycle pumps from bosch?

I have a Hitachi that I think I paid $150 for ten years ago. I've seen small ones for even less that will do most of what a normal person is going to need at their house. No need to ever visit a shop to air up tires unless I'm on a road trip and have an emergency. I try and buy cars with full-size spares also, but not always an option these days.

25 minutes ago, Okie State said:
1 hour ago, elfenix said:

I have a Hitachi that I think I paid $150 for ten years ago. I've seen small ones for even less that will do most of what a normal person is going to need at their house. No need to ever visit a shop to air up tires unless I'm on a road trip and have an emergency. I try and buy cars with full-size spares also, but not always an option these days.

That's not the Hitachi your wife wanted.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, threesheets said:

I'm probably overdoing it, but the progressive rear signal lights on late model Mustangs get on my nerves.

That's sequential tail lights, and a straight take off from the 1967 California special Mustang.  It's such a glorious detail that I've swapped out my old 1965 incandescent tail lights for an LED sequential signal just like it.  I've always thought it was a very cool detail.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

That's sequential tail lights, and a straight take off from the 1967 California special Mustang.  It's such a glorious detail that I've swapped out my old 1965 incandescent tail lights for an LED sequential signal just like it.  I've always thought it was a very cool detail.

I thought the Cougar had them, don't remember the Mustangs with that feature.

3 hours ago, VolenteHawk said:

IMG-3280.jpg

Drove me semi insane.

The Longhorn emblem would have bought them an extra minute with me. Why?  Because that's what I do.

7 hours ago, VolenteHawk said:

IMG-3280.jpg

Drove me semi insane.

Anytime someone is waiting on me like that in a parking lot I load my shit in the car and them lock it up and walk back to the store.

• Like 3

IMG-3280.jpg

Drove me semi insane.

People who do this shit at the gym seem to have forgotten why they are going to the gym in the first place.