Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

3 minutes ago, nnm said:

It’s not Roy that looks like a dumbass on that page. 

well Jason is a Rhodes Scholar -- he studied at Rhodes College

he also received graduate degrees from colleges that literally don't have matriculation/admission requirements, are unaccredited, and issued 6 "doctorates" before shutting down the program.

image.thumb.png.1aa5fa6691f8f95e3160805e154c8eb6.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

This guy just send me an email wanting to discuss our safety program. Here's his email signature:

(name) CSP,ASP,CESCO,CESCP,REP,CFEI,CFI-II

Credentials in signature blocks are bullshit. The following are acceptable in professional account blocks:

1. Must be directly relevant to your role.  A professor with “PhD”— fine.  PhD if you’re an administrator somewhere— fuck off.

2. Must be recognizable to a layperson. PhD, M.D., etc. 

If you sign personal emails with credentials or titles you’re really just a bit too precious.  

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

This guy just send me an email wanting to discuss our safety program. Here's his email signature:

(name) CSP,ASP,CESCO,CESCP,REP,CFEI,CFI-II

I got chewed out when I tacked HMFIC onto my signature line as a joke on an internal email that I thought would not go further than the two co-workers with whom I was corresponding.  One of them forwarded it to our boss who, being retired Army, fully understood it.  He found it entertaining, but not enough to cut me a break.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

I got chewed out when I tacked HMFIC onto my signature line as a joke on an internal email that I thought would not go further than the two co-workers with whom I was corresponding.  One of them forwarded it to our boss who, being retired Army, fully understood it.  He found it entertaining, but not enough to cut me a break.

Sounds FUBAR

• Hook 'Em 2

Hotel room showers that don’t have a shower door.   Hello McFly, that narrow glass panel isn’t going to keep the water inside the shower area, and I really don’t like wet bathroom floors.

I see this more and more now. It needs to stop. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Just left a construction contracts seminar.  Of course, there were 2 knuckle draggers in attendance that would not shut up while the speaker was making his presentation.   They just kept on with their conversation the entire time stopping only to ask puffed up and ridiculous questions.

Blah blah blah to themselves and then a raised hand followed by “so, if we have to give notice by a certain time what happens if it’s a Leap Year February 29th and we are right on the international date line in a bathysphere on the bottom of the ocean and we don’t have cell service and there’s no way to surface because there is a typhoon crossing the ocean’s surface?  What do we do then?  I ask because I had a friend that……”

Rage. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

28 minutes ago, deadshank said:

Just left a construction contracts seminar.  Of course, there were 2 knuckle draggers in attendance that would not shut up while the speaker was making his presentation.   They just kept on with their conversation the entire time stopping only to ask puffed up and ridiculous questions.

Blah blah blah to themselves and then a raised hand followed by “so, if we have to give notice by a certain time what happens if it’s a Leap Year February 29th and we are right on the international date line in a bathysphere on the bottom of the ocean and we don’t have cell service and there’s no way to surface because there is a typhoon crossing the ocean’s surface?  What do we do then?  I ask because I had a friend that……”

Rage. 

Aggy?

Went to the bathroom here at the office, headed into the big stall to find that someone had a bout of explosive diarrhea and decided not to flush. I hope that motherfucker dies from dehydration or whatever else they got going on. There's no excuse for leaving that for the next person to discover. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

Anyone who posts on social media with a warning similar to "opinions are my own, they do not represent that of my employer, I only speak for myself, etc". Don't worry guys. Mike in accounting thinks the swastika looks pretty cool but that's NOT the opinion of the company. Shareholders you can relax. 

• Haha 1

On 6/8/2022 at 8:11 PM, Scheiss Meister said:

THE next time you should try HNIC.  

• Haha 2

That’s because he was the HMFIC.
  • Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

For the second night in a row the KHOU weatherman tried to explain our current heat wave using Boyle’s Law.  His explanation was that when a gas or liquid is compressed its temperature will increase. I guess weathermen don’t have to study hydraulics

Ha! Yeah - what a fucking idiot. Who doesn't understand Boyle's Law and it's implications on meteorology? 

• Haha 2

Super trivial but when podcasts decide to do "live in front of a studio audience" episodes.  It could just be coincidence, but it feels like these are happening more and more with the podcasts I listen to now that everything has opened back up.  

The entire chemistry of everyone on a podcast changes when it's live.  They're always playing to the crowd and trying too hard to be cute with the audience.  The audio mix is always off and there's always someone hard to hear over others or the crowd. 

If I read "live from" on a podcast description I'm tempted to just skip that episode for the week.

Edited by Tom
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ztejas said:

Ha! Yeah - what a fucking idiot. Who doesn't understand Boyle's Law and it's implications on meteorology? 

You fall somewhere outside the overlapping circles of people that understand:

1) Boyle’s law

2) Meteorology

3) Proper use of apostrophes. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, nnm said:

You fall somewhere outside the overlapping circles of people that understand:

1) Boyle’s law

2) Meteorology

3) Proper use of apostrophes. 

Oops! Wow. Haha. I'm such a dumbass. I thought that by understanding Boyle's law and its implications on meteorology that I might have been immune to common grammatical errors such as apostropheing a word that didn't call for it. 

I'm glad you set me straight there!

• Haha 1

On 6/8/2022 at 3:28 PM, elfenix said:

people at the office who don't restock cokes after taking the last one out of the fridge

or at my house.

I'm the only motherfucker who has the keys to the next case of bottled water...

I've posted before about hating t-shirts with the big design on the back, the wrong side. Well, we live in a bizarro world now and there's not much choice if all your shit has holes in it and you gotta wear something in public. So I finally got a few shirts with junk on the back.

Well, this shirt I have on today is driving me nuts. The big goofyass plasticy design is sticking to my back. I have to keep reaching back and pealing my shirt away from the skin on my back for temporary relief. What a bunch of bullshit. It feels like this all fuckin' day long.

operationannihilatehd304.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, DougO said:

I've posted before about hating t-shirts with the big design on the back, the wrong side. Well, we live in a bizarro world now and there's not much choice if all your shit has holes in it and you gotta wear something in public. So I finally got a few shirts with junk on the back.

Well, this shirt I have on today is driving me nuts. The big goofyass plasticy design is sticking to my back. I have to keep reaching back and pealing my shirt away from the skin on my back for temporary relief. What a bunch of bullshit. It feels like this all fuckin' day long.

Look into TC Tuggers. So you don't wreck your shirt or hurt your hand.

10 hours ago, DougO said:

On 6/10/2022 at 9:32 AM, Underdog said:

This is a good looking shirt… except for that  shit on the back.  KISS.  

A2F7735D-DE54-4CA6-8B7B-CF3094676C7B.thumb.jpeg.c4e542c9c724e83faca1d1285aed58c2.jpeg

On 6/10/2022 at 10:33 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

For the second night in a row the KHOU weatherman tried to explain our current heat wave using Boyle’s Law.  

That's the Ideal Gas law. PV=nRT. 

If you are going to be a nerd, at least be a correct nerd. Fucking weathermen are like the chiropractors of physics.

Several things on my way from OC to Vegas:

SNA is a small airport with 3 terminals and probably 2 security screening locations. I showed up 50 minutes before my flight, and the line is probably 200+ deep. The TSA line was probably 20 deep*. Apparently they had shut down one of the screening locations, and everyone was going through one location. It look about 30 minutes to get to the front of the line.

* I'm still pissed at the TSA because they've been dragging their feet and not approving my extension. I submitted it electronically on 04/01, but apparently they didn't receive it until 3 weeks afterwards. I guess electrons move really slowly. I've been on 3 trips since 04/01, and have had to stand in line with the unwashed masses.  

So, apparently they want EVERYTHING in a bin, including suitcases and backpacks. I didn't go back to get a bin because the TSA dude had one by his feet. TSA took my backpack, put it in the tray, and I assumed he would put it on the same conveyer as my other stuff.  So I go through the x-ray machine, and saw my suitcase and stuff from my pocket stuff, but no backpack. I looked around to see if they had pulled my bag for addition screening, but nothing. The TSA agent had put it on a different conveyer belt and my backpack was sitting there for a several minutes. Someone could have just walked up and grabbed if off the line.

TLDR: TSA people are morons.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/8/2022 at 3:47 PM, 956 Worldwide said:

Credentials in signature blocks are bullshit. The following are acceptable in professional account blocks:

1. Must be directly relevant to your role.  A professor with “PhD”— fine.  PhD if you’re an administrator somewhere— fuck off.

2. Must be recognizable to a layperson. PhD, M.D., etc. 

If you sign personal emails with credentials or titles you’re really just a bit too precious.  

I am not at all in agreement with your stance. 

Dbeasy

W.S. (Woman Slayer)

B.F.D. (Big Fuckin’ Deal)

M.O.F (Master of Farts)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/11/2022 at 7:44 AM, Tom said:

Super trivial but when podcasts decide to do "live in front of a studio audience" episodes.  It could just be coincidence, but it feels like these are happening more and more with the podcasts I listen to now that everything has opened back up.  

The entire chemistry of everyone on a podcast changes when it's live.  They're always playing to the crowd and trying too hard to be cute with the audience.  The audio mix is always off and there's always someone hard to hear over others or the crowd. 

If I read "live from" on a podcast description I'm tempted to just skip that episode for the week.

Caption: “Every podcasting duo”

The-Simpsons-Milhouse-Nelson-3-1.jpg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Woke up freezing this morning.  It turns out my daughter turned the thermostats (both upstairs and downstairs) to 67 when she went to bed.  I now know both units are working great. It should be a fun electric bill this month 

That isn't trivial. That deserves a long talking to about multiple things. 

8 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Woke up freezing this morning.  It turns out my daughter turned the thermostats (both upstairs and downstairs) to 67 when she went to bed.  I now know both units are working great. It should be a fun electric bill this month 

This is the correct temperature for sleeping. Maybe too warm. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

comb.io - Death has a Shadow