Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

37 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

People (my wife) who set clocks several minutes behind in an attempt to not be late.

Wait...even if doing a self-imposed jedi mindtrick, shouldn't the clock be set ahead?

FWIW, That shit drives me nuts too, including fucksticks at work who say something starts before it actually does.  No bitch tell me when i need to be there, and I will not be late.  Don't waste my time either...

People (my wife) who set clocks several minutes behind in an attempt to not be late.

Wait...even if doing a self-imposed jedi mindtrick, shouldn't the clock be set ahead?
FWIW, That shit drives me nuts too, including fucksticks at work who say something starts before it actually does.  No bitch tell me when i need to be there, and I will not be late.  Don't waste my time either...

Haha. Yes, that is what I meant. I’m not quite awake yet.

4 hours ago, slorch said:

Cracks me up when I see people fire up a MS Teams meeting 5-10 mins early...seems like they need more shit to do instead of showing up 10 mins early to a meeting that no one wants to be in.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

the one small scratch on your watch glass. Most people would never notice it, but it drives me fucking insane every time I look to see what time it is. I've got to remember to break out the polywatch tonight

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

13 hours ago, JSB said:

the one small scratch on your watch glass. Most people would never notice it, but it drives me fucking insane every time I look to see what time it is. I've got to remember to break out the polywatch tonight

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTkBabXaQtIwPEi_zTNDc1

18 hours ago, JSB said:

I had a framed poster hanging on the wall and a little section of the glass broke and slipped underneath the rest of it. Nothing hit it. It just happened on its own. I have no idea what caused it.

6 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I had a framed poster hanging on the wall and a little section of the glass broke and slipped underneath the rest of it. Nothing hit it. It just happened on its own. I have no idea what caused it.

You have children don’t you?

5 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Coca Cola's complete ineptness, as it pertains to their inability to keep Topo Chico in stock, anywhere (especially lime and grapefruit, which are like crack for me).  JFC, how can the country's largest beverage maker and distributor be this lame?

A) I’ve never heard of Topo Chico. 
B) There are also distributors and grocers. It’s not necessarily the manufacturer’s fault. 

Motherfucker I can’t get out these two spots. Infuriating

e4c047d150060474f4294e895251a45d.jpg

36 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Took the kids to see the latest Jurassic Park movie.  Start time 1PM.  Movie actually started at 1:43.  43 mins of previews and ads.

i don't bother getting to the theater until 30 minutes after the published time anymore. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

A) I’ve never heard of Topo Chico. 
B) There are also distributors and grocers. It’s not necessarily the manufacturer’s fault. 

A) how is that even possible?

B) LOLz. If it is getting made, it is in the market these days…

4 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I stand corrected.  Whatever their fucking rank, they should be able to avoid oos issues that are becoming chronic with that brand.  I never had trouble getting it before CC bought them.  Shit makes me cranky. 

Can you not just order a bunch online? 

Sparkling water in general is hit or miss depending on the convenient store. So I do get your frustration. 

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Can you not just order a bunch online? 

Sparkling water in general is hit or miss depending on the convenient store. So I do get your frustration. 

posrep

It's something I usually buy when I stop in a convenience store, didn't even think of going online...I guess b/c I'm an old fuck.  

Just went to my Prime account and ordered two cases.  Apparently, Coca Cola knows its way to the Amazon warehouses. 

• Haha 1

On 6/15/2022 at 9:10 AM, Knoxtnhorn said:

Took the kids to see the latest Jurassic Park movie.  Start time 1PM.  Movie actually started at 1:43.  43 mins of previews and ads.

Not doubting you but that's not normal.  I'd find a better place to start seeing movies.  

I saw a 6:00pm showing last weekend and looked at my phone as I was walking to my car and it was 8:45.  At a run time of 2 hrs 27 min that's 18 minutes of trailers and commercials.  Not too bad.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Me wearing a team hat and some schlub asking me if I’m a fan of that team.

It's a reasonable question. About 1/3 the time with my friends, someone is wearing a team hat for another team because they lost a bet.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Tom said:

Not doubting you but that's not normal.  I'd find a better place to start seeing movies.  

I saw a 6:00pm showing last weekend and looked at my phone as I was walking to my car and it was 8:45.  At a run time of 2 hrs 27 min that's 18 minutes of trailers and commercials.  Not too bad.

Not a big deal.  I'm a teacher.  I've got plenty of time to kill at the moment.  I used to enjoy the trailers; however, most of the movies don't appeal to me anymore AND one can see specific trailers at home.

• Hook 'Em 1

When people refer to a derivative measurement as the obvious and immediate effect, rather than the effect itself.

Used to read all forms of "replacing your car's factory wheels with lighter wheels will increase its performance, because it improves the power-to-weight ratio."

No, being lighter in and of itself improves the performance.  I don't need a ratio to show that.

Kinda like saying "if you add more throttle, you will arrive at your destination sooner, because you improve the miles-per-hour".  No, because you go faster, dummy.

you should correct them by getting far into the weeds on wheels. start talking about how saving rotating mass is similar to saving 3x the amount of non-rotating mass but if your lighter wheels are a larger diameter you could actually make it worse because rotational moment of inertia has the radius as a factor

• Hook 'Em 2