Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

These past few days I picked up packages for neighbor across the street since they went out of town and messaged my wife and I if we could do them a solid .

Sure. Ended up being like 6 packages of prime day shit. Yesterday I had a phone case & screen protector delivered because my 3YO cracked my screen for the second time in 4 months.

So my wife didn’t tell me my package arrived and set it by the neighbors 6 packages that were in our mud room. She never places our deliveries there.

Tonight neighbor picks up packages and unbeknownst i placed my delivery on her pile and she took it to her place. Just now I messaged my neighbor if shehad my package thinking to myself she’d say yea I’ll set it outside and come get it. She has it….but said can I bring it over to your house in the morning?

JFC. Just set it outside and I’ll come over after I did you a solid. Part of it’s my wife’s fault but seriously…

27 minutes ago, deadshank said:

forces are aligning against you

(note: last Friday at lunch I was at the 610 / 18th Street WB.  I looked for your sorry carcass stinking up the joint.  Didn't see you.)

must not have heard your 'muledick'

• Like 1

Someone want to explain to my dumbass how this is going to work?

I took my cell phone to a shop to replace a cracked screen.  Guy said it'd take a bit and that he'd call me when it was ready.  I got 2 blocks away before I realized my problem.  Reminded me of this ...

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

People. I have pretty much sat here for 9 days. To my left is the walkway to the pools, bathrooms etc. no biggie. To my right are a few more cabanas.  

Let’s say you are a cabana to my right.  I would think the proper thing to do is walk outside those lounge chairs and and not in between the cabana and lounge chairs (the lounge chairs belong to the cabana). Yet, about half of my neighbors de jour seem to walk between me and the lounge chairs. Noticed pretty consistently the ones that do are from the northeast. 

oh, about half confuse this place with a sandals in Cancun (NTTAWW sandals or Cancun, it’s just not here) also and try to play their own music that gets weird with the resort music. The resort staff shuts that down pretty quickly. 

Am I being too picky and old with too high of expectations of others?092D7B20-C9A0-40E3-AA6E-30971A9C9C56.thumb.jpeg.9ee52d73f2acbf877f7d604b8a8952f2.jpeg

• Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, Atxracer said:

People. I have pretty much sat here for 9 days. To my left is the walkway to the pools, bathrooms etc. no biggie. To my right are a few more cabanas.  

Let’s say you are a cabana to my right.  I would think the proper thing to do is walk outside those lounge chairs and and not in between the cabana and lounge chairs (the lounge chairs belong to the cabana). Yet, about half of my neighbors de jour seem to walk between me and the lounge chairs. Noticed pretty consistently the ones that do are from the northeast. 

oh, about half confuse this place with a sandals in Cancun (NTTAWW sandals or Cancun, it’s just not here) also and try to play their own music that gets weird with the resort music. The resort staff shuts that down pretty quickly. 

Am I being too picky and old with too high of expectations of others?092D7B20-C9A0-40E3-AA6E-30971A9C9C56.thumb.jpeg.9ee52d73f2acbf877f7d604b8a8952f2.jpeg

Now that's how you humblebrag!

• Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, Atxracer said:

Yes, you are…but rightly so. 

I did a Sandals for the first time in Feb.  Never again. Too many peasants. 

Well... my credit card number got hacked once again... Chase sent me a text message saying someone was trying using the card in Costa Rica. We were there LAST month, that person probably sat on the card number thinking I wouldn't notice any weird transactions a month later.

I'm impressed with Chase though. I use the card for everything, booking flights, hotels everywhere, and it's only ever flagged my card one time when I bought something online from Kohl's. I wonder what their computer algorithms are like to know what I charged vs someone else who stole my CC number.

What is with sales people nowadays?  They refuse to answer their phones.  Call them at their direct office line:  goes to voice mail.  Call the main number and ask for them: goes to voice mail.  Call their cell phone:  goes to voice mail.

Email them: no reply.

Text them: no reply.

3 days later you get a reply. 

"Hey, what's up? You need something?"

"Not now, I got what I needed."

"Well, what was it you needed?"

"I had to place an order."

"Hmm, I didn't see an order come through"

"I know.  I got from your competitor."

"Why did you order it from them?"

"They answered their phone."

"I didn't know you called!"

"You ridiculous dude.  I called your direct line and left a VM.  I called your office and asked for you and got your VM again.  I called your cell phone, got your VM and left a message.  I texted and e-mailed you and received no reply."

"Sorry.  I've been kind of busy.  I'm slammed."

"Been busy, huh?  Busy doing what?"

"Oh, I don't know.  Just been busy."

"OK.   Return my calls when you're not busy."

"Huh?"

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

30 minutes ago, deadshank said:

What is with sales people nowadays?  They refuse to answer their phones.  Call them at their direct office line:  goes to voice mail.  Call the main number and ask for them: goes to voice mail.  Call their cell phone:  goes to voice mail.

Email them: no reply.

Text them: no reply.

3 days later you get a reply. 

"Hey, what's up? You need something?"

"Not now, I got what I needed."

"Well, what was it you needed?"

"I had to place an order."

"Hmm, I didn't see an order come through"

"I know.  I got from your competitor."

"Why did you order it from them?"

"They answered their phone."

"I didn't know you called!"

"You ridiculous dude.  I called your direct line and left a VM.  I called your office and asked for you and got your VM again.  I called your cell phone, got your VM and left a message.  I texted and e-mailed you and received no reply."

"Sorry.  I've been kind of busy.  I'm slammed."

"Been busy, huh?  Busy doing what?"

"Oh, I don't know.  Just been busy."

"OK.   Return my calls when you're not busy."

"Huh?"

They’ve decided that whatever commission they make from selling you widgets isn’t worth the hassle of dealing with you.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

They’ve decided that whatever commission they make from selling you widgets isn’t worth the hassle of dealing with you.

We buy lots of widgets, my man.

And I'm a good looking and fun to be with guy that pays his bills in full and on time.

Some sales people are just lazy and dumb.  

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, HouTex said:

Dumbshits that for some reason assume every lobby-level elevator is empty and block people trying to leave the elevator.  Some of them even try to get in the elevator before everyone has gotten out. 

This is a somewhat reliable way to differentiate country people from city people. 

2 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Every time I watch a show or movie about football.   They’re Usually way off in terminology, make no logical sense (he’s taking my spot, bro there can be more than 1 wide receiver) and they’re too cheap to pay for extras so usually there’s like 19 players on a team 

Same thing for me with any show or movie about oil and gas stuff, or legal stuff.

Case in point:  I recently watched “Dark Winds” on AMC because I loved the Hillerman books back in the day. One of the plot points was an explosion at the “derrick.”  The equipment in the shot was a pump jack. Which blew up because they were drilling through uranium, or something like that.

And the AIM-inspired Native American group was seeking to stop the mineral exploration by buying up the surface. But that’s not how mineral rights work. And if there were minerals on the Navajo Reservation they’re Tribal anyway. Etc., etc.

Loosely followed the Hillerman book “Listening Woman.”  Watchable because of that, but some of the acting was turrbull. Also watchable for me because most of the outside shots were where I lived, played, and worked everyday when I was young. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Atxracer said:

Kids in planes….oops, that was mine.

Kids in planes that have nothing to do...

Luckily my wife always had puzzles, workbooks and toys for the kids to play while on the plane. 

Kids who are shits on the plan usually come down to the parents.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Superhero said:

Kids in planes that have nothing to do...

Luckily my wife always had puzzles, workbooks and toys for the kids to play while on the plane. 

Kids who are shits on the plan usually come down to the parents.

Not all of us have Asian parenting skills. 

• Haha 1

On 7/22/2022 at 1:53 PM, HouTex said:

Dumbshits that for some reason assume every lobby-level elevator is empty and block people trying to leave the elevator.  Some of them even try to get in the elevator before everyone has gotten out. 

I actually like this when I'm feeling surly.  Gives me the opportunity to just shoulder check the bitchez out of the way.  And whenever I do that, which is less than once/year, none of them ever complain.  Almost like they know they are screwups and getting what they deserve.

8 hours ago, shakahorn said:

I actually like this when I'm feeling surly.  Gives me the opportunity to just shoulder check the bitchez out of the way.  And whenever I do that, which is less than once/year, none of them ever complain.  Almost like they know they are screwups and getting what they deserve.

Look everybody, Internet tough guy.