Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

9 minutes ago, Escapedgoat said:

SO SIAP, but what is the etiquette for those walk-in ATMs, you know the enclosed buildings?

I was doing my banking business in one when some damn woman just walks in and stands right behind me as if we are in line at the Walmart checkout.

I asked her, "Can I help you?" and she looks and says "No." I then asked her "do you mind waiting outside? until I am done in here." Mind you, I was just depositing a paper check and not preparing to spend the night in there or taking long and I was only in there because the drive up ATM machine was out of order and I needed some cash too.

Damn, that irritates me when people do this.

The code word you're looking for is Bosco...  Bosco.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TrashMaster G said:

Why do so many people who use the paper ass gaskets in public restrooms not bother to flush or make sure they deal with the paper mess?  If you are so damn particular that you won't sit on a toilet seat, why are you also a slob?

I don't get it.

Yep.  Those are the same people that will use the paper towel to open the door then throw the towel on the ground outside the restroom.  I sometimes wonder if they do that at home as well.

Single-ply toilet paper, especially in public restrooms.  I get it, you need to buy bulk to supply your bathrooms.  But when it takes 10 feet of your shitty single ply to wipe, versus 4-6 squares of a good double or triple ply TP, just upgrade and buy the better TP and make company morale rise in a single wipe.

the automated voicemail recording that plays after the actual persons recording..."at the tone, please record your message. After you have finished recording you may hang -up or press 1 for more options".

I KNOW HOW VOICEMAILS WORK, QUIT WASTING MY TIME!
In my life, I have never pressed 1 for more options after leaving a voicemail. I'm wondering what they are.

I ordered a subscription to Road and Track in January. I still haven't received an issue, so I went through their purposefully useless website to ask what the fuck, and I learned that my first issue is scheduled to be the June issue. I contacted customer service, and after a few rounds of meaningless canned answers, a sentient human explained that the covers are printed that far in advance or some shit.

I realize that it probably comes out in May or even April, but I have half a mind to cancel that shit on principle.

And these fuckers probably wonder why their industry is dying. 

Waiters and waitresses that include themselves in the process.  What can I get us to drink? Do we need more time to look at the menu? Have we decided yet? There is no "we" bitch.  There is us, the paying patrons, and there is you.  Also with the specials description.  We're going to take a 7-9 ounce filet of snapper, then we're going to season it with expired, canned buttholes.  The chef is doing all of this.  There is no fucking "we".  I have no idea why, but this makes me ragey.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

I ordered a subscription to Road and Track in January. I still haven't received an issue, so I went through their purposefully useless website to ask what the fuck, and I learned that my first issue is scheduled to be the June issue. I contacted customer service, and after a few rounds of meaningless canned answers, a sentient human explained that the covers are printed that far in advance or some shit.

I realize that it probably comes out in May or even April, but I have half a mind to cancel that shit on principle.

And these fuckers probably wonder why their industry is dying. 

i still don't understand.... the first magazine they send you has to be the next one that they print?  You'd think they'd want to hang on for life for as long as possible.

18 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

i still don't understand.... the first magazine they send you has to be the next one that they print?  You'd think they'd want to hang on for life for as long as possible.

I don't fucking know either. And if I thought that subscribing to Automobile instead would get me an issue in a reasonable length of time, I'd cancel R&T without ever receiving a copy. 

15 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
On 4/10/2018 at 11:13 AM, BayouBill said:
the automated voicemail recording that plays after the actual persons recording..."at the tone, please record your message. After you have finished recording you may hang -up or press 1 for more options".

I KNOW HOW VOICEMAILS WORK, QUIT WASTING MY TIME!

In my life, I have never pressed 1 for more options after leaving a voicemail. I'm wondering what they are.

Audio equivalent of emoticons. Shit like that.

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 2:27 PM, TornACL said:

People who take half a donut. Come on, fatty mcgee, who are you trying to fool? Just take the whole fucking thing and throw half of it in the trash at your desk. No one else is going to want to eat the left behind half of that donut that you pawed all over while you were tearing it apart.

The worst part about it is that most of these people like to make a big showy event out of the whole thing. "Ohh, goodness, I'm only going to take HALF of this jelly donut, I'm watching my weight for beach season, anyone want the other half?"

Get the fuck out of here, you weigh two bucks and a quarter. If you go to the beach the beach will run out of sun.

As a follow up to this post. This morning I brought some goodies into the office. Donuts, sausage and cheese "kolaches".

I go about my business, and come back a few minutes later to find one of our secretaries cutting them all in half. Everything in the box, pulling them out one by one, cutting them in half, putting the pieces back in the box.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

She claimed that there "Was not enough for everybody" and they are all "so big" that she'd just go ahead and cut them up since no one would eat a whole one.

What in the everliving hell. This is not preschool. If I bring treats I don't have to bring enough for the entire office. 

Maybe not trivial, but I go to change my brake rotors yesterday.  Costco overtorqued one lug nut so much that I couldn't get it off with a 4-way and a three foot cheater pipe.  Bent the fuck out of my wrench.
Next time take it to Discount Tire where they just break the lugs clean off.
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, plvhorn said:

And no matter how hard I try, I can’t salt them the right way like a good fast food place that does salt them correctly. 

The trick is to salt them as soon as they're out of the fryer, can't do it right after they've been sitting for a few minutes

47 minutes ago, TornACL said:

As a follow up to this post. This morning I brought some goodies into the office. Donuts, sausage and cheese "kolaches".

I go about my business, and come back a few minutes later to find one of our secretaries cutting them all in half. Everything in the box, pulling them out one by one, cutting them in half, putting the pieces back in the box.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

She claimed that there "Was not enough for everybody" and they are all "so big" that she'd just go ahead and cut them up since no one would eat a whole one.

What in the everliving hell. This is not preschool. If I bring treats I don't have to bring enough for the entire office. 

I'm glad you put Kolaches in quotes. As a Czech, that's a trivial thing that pisses me off- when people call "pigs in a blanket" kolaches.

1 hour ago, TornACL said:

WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

Office women nazi's who are entitled bitches are worse than real nazi's.