Hiring small time coaches leads to small time results

ShowMeALoss

32 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Texas has had significantly higher ranked recruits than the teams they've consistently lost to over the last decade.

It's about development.

Sure as a past and maybe continuing problem, but I don't think that's clear for the 2019 season in isolation.  We were dead last in the FBS in returning production, and we didn't have much recruiting edge in 2016 and definitely not 2017.  At least not what people make it out to be.  Herman will have only 4 blue chips eligible in the next 2 drafts. 3 will be drafted.

FWIW: Baylor, LSU, Minnesota, VaTech were all top 5 and are overperforming their norms.  Somehow Tennessee managed to return a lot and do nothing with it.

Edited by JBJ
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JBJ said:

We were dead last in the FBS in returning production, and we didn't have much recruiting edge in 2016 and definitely not 2017.  At least not what people make it out to be.  Herman will have only 4 blue chips eligible in the next 2 drafts. 3 will be drafted.

I'm not even remotely interested in making excuses for the current regime, but it is certainly interesting that pretty much everyone here (myself included) turned up our noses at that stat prior to this season. Maybe we were a bit hasty. Maybe.

Nah, couldn't be.