6figs/"Trust the Hamm" greatest hits

Machinator

#nofunds
I hate to bag on a guy just because he covers a rival team but god damn he is so obtuse. Really Hamm?? Hes Reggie fucking McNeal??? The guy who couldn’t start over Stephen McGee!  Better than college football HOF Vince Young before he has taken a Snap his Jr year? Give me a break... 

I’m pretty sure this is negative recruiting by aggy. I mean who the fuck wants to be the next Reggie McNeal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honest question...and I think I already know the answer.

Would this schtick work with most blue-blood programs?  I'd honestly get tired of it.  That is, the blowing of smoke up people's asses.  I prefer the type of analyst - recruiting or otherwise - who just calls it like it is.  It'd just piss me off if some guy was telling me we'll like, say,  Cam Rising because he's just like Baker Mayfield, only better like Case McCoy.  

7 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Would this schtick work with most blue-blood programs?  I'd honestly get tired of it.  That is, the blowing of smoke up people's asses.  I prefer the type of analyst - recruiting or otherwise - who just calls it like it is.  It'd just piss me off if some guy was telling me we'll like, say,  Cam Rising because he's just like Baker Mayfield, only better like Case McCoy.  

Doesn't work like that with aggy as they will always insist McNeal was better and a victim of Fran.

Actual question.  No

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

23 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

None of them are a Matt Nordgren. Did Vince ever dribble the football en route to a touchdown? No he didn't...that's how easy the game was to Nordgren ...he was held down by Mack and GDGD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Fat Ketch tried it with Gilbert. But Texas was coming off a title game appearance and a string of successful QBs. 

5 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

It works on his readers because their so desperate to be relevant that they’ll draw comparisons of any recruit to their fabricated legendary players any time any recruit of note plays there.  The big time player always ultimately fails in one way or another which leads to them foisting the blame onto someone else for then said player not realizing their potential.  There are exceptions like Garrett.  These are few and far between.

Hamm has monetized his own fabrications of grandeur and sold them off as insights to idiots that are desperate to hear them.  He’s the autistic Bobby Fisher of college football recruiting. 

Our fan base got pretty tired of the Big Cigar shtick.
  • Like 1

Some UT friends of mine made an interesting comment about why they don’t read or participate on Shaggy/Surly. They said it’s a site full of people complaining about the team. While true, it also demonstrates that people just want to be comforted with happy thoughts, and the worse the program, the more sunshine pumping is needed. Given aggy’s historic impotency for decades, they lap up the sunshine pumping with relish.

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Some UT friends of mine made an interesting comment about why they don’t read or participate on Shaggy/Surly. They said it’s a site full of people complaining about the team. While true, it also demonstrates that people just want to be comforted with happy thoughts, and the worse the program, the more sunshine pumping is needed. Given aggy’s historic impotency for decades, they lap up the sunshine pumping with relish.

I think there's a reasonable medium between TexAgs sunshine pumping and being bitchassed about every aspect of the program. During the season, I go to the football board for the entertainment, not because the quality of discussion is particularly good or nuanced.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I think there's a reasonable medium between TexAgs sunshine pumping and being bitchassed about every aspect of the program. During the season, I go to the football board for the entertainment, not because the quality of discussion is particularly good or nuanced.

I prefer the Barton Springs Mall shuttle on the way home from the game for interesting football discussion.

36 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

That's a weak list of visitors for a game against an undefeated ranked team.

Meanwhile we are expecting a couple of 2020 5* OOS defenders next week.

It's almost like Austin is more fun to visit than trying to figure out how to spend $400 at Razzoo's in College Station?