The Batshit Insane QAnon Conspiracy Theory

Hugo Stiglitz

11 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

I overheard two coworkers completely seriously discussing how China is inflicting this heatwave on the world.  They don't know how they Chicoms are doing it, but they are absolutely convinced that the evil Chinese are to blame.  Idiots.

where do work?  asking for me so i can avoid their products or services for fear of catastrophic failure.

25 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Our species sucks so fucking bad. Not all of us, for sure. But on balance, I can’t help but root for plague, famine, climate change, and giant asteroids. The universe would be better off without us. 

It’s not like this guy didn’t have a point…

image.thumb.jpeg.3e8b4a2b872352c81bf799639fb7edce.jpeg

25 minutes ago, gyroprotagonist said:

where do work?  asking for me so i can avoid their products or services for fear of catastrophic failure.

I work at a wastewater treatment plant.  If you get any of our product, it is indirectly, and has been further treated by others to meet safe drinking water standards.

Edited by Scheiss Meister
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

That’s a shame. And Biden seemed to be doing so well in stopping them from spinning up hurricanes on us.  Maybe they just pivoted. 

Nah, hurricanes aren't a threat anymore.  Not since Trump figured out how to neutralize them with nukes.

32 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

I work at a wastewater treatment plant.  If you get any of our product, it is indirectly, and has been further treated by others to meet safe drinking water standards.

Username checks out (I hope).

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I haven’t hit a woman since the 90s and even then, alcohol and a large number of people were involved, and I genuinely feared for my well-being as she had a good 40 pounds on me and was a future professional barrel racer. Even then, I didn’t come out too well in that exchange.  

you can't just casually drop just drop this little nugget into a convo and not follow up.

• Hook 'Em 4

OK, in all honesty how many of you know people who really buy into this Q shit.  I know one person, a fraternity brother who I haven't seen in 25+ years who I was never realty close with who posted some shit about Q-esque conspiracies, which I called him out on and he blocked me and problem solved.  But generally speaking, I know zero people (and I have a lot of R friends) who even remotely entertain any bs like this or My Pillow shit or whatever.  Almost no one feels the election was stolen.  But seems like large sections of the country have significant numbers of people who buy into this shit, and it just baffles me to no end.

OK, in all honesty how many of you know people who really buy into this Q shit.  I know one person, a fraternity brother who I haven't seen in 25+ years who I was never realty close with who posted some shit about Q-esque conspiracies, which I called him out on and he blocked me and problem solved.  But generally speaking, I know zero people (and I have a lot of R friends) who even remotely entertain any bs like this or My Pillow shit or whatever.  Almost no one feels the election was stolen.  But seems like large sections of the country have significant numbers of people who buy into this shit, and it just baffles me to no end.
My brother believes just about every conspiracy theory out there. It's really difficult to have a normal conversation with him anymore.

30 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

None that I know of, but I haven't been around the hick side of my family in a bit so I'm sure there's a few I'm not aware of.

25 minutes ago, Okie State said:
32 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

My brother believes just about every conspiracy theory out there. It's really difficult to have a normal conversation with him anymore.

My sister is an anti-vaxxer (with 4 kids), but she's an idiot and her husband is more of an idiot.  But that's about as close as I can get.

The whole thing is just bizarre to me. Even if any of this crazy evil shit was true, what can be done about it? Why let it consume your entire life? I'd rather try and enjoy the short time I'm here if I can. Maybe that's me being a sheep though.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Okie State said:

The whole thing is just bizarre to me. Even if any of this crazy evil shit was true, what can be done about it? Why let it consume your entire life? I'd rather try and enjoy the short time I'm here if I can. Maybe that's me being a sheep though.

moooooo

I see a few Q leaning posts from some of my friends.

But the two I know of that a both Full Blown QAnon?

Both white women in their late 40s/early 50s. One a CRNP, one a CRNA. The CRNP is married to our chief of surgery. He was also the President of our medical staff. He had to resign the presidency position because he couldn’t stop her from posting nonsense on the hospital Facebook page.
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

I know and talk to one who full-on buys into it all, because we are related (by marriage).  She’s mentally ill   I know a few others that I’m sure they are, but don’t interact enough to see if they are full Qanon 24/7, and they give off mental health issues vibes.  Shut-ins or whatever, that have the time to get sucked into this  they were people who could get scammed through anonymous emails.

I know a shitload who buy into some of it, but skip the JFK still alive/Oprah and Tom Hanks are trafficking children and drinking their fluids stuff.  They pass around the tamer shit that is still bullshit, but it’s useful to them or makes them feel good or justified.

52 minutes ago, Lurch said:

I think many of the believers have learned to stop outing themselves

1234.  After Trump left the WH (OR DID HE? JUST ASKING QUESTIONS) I think that took the wind out of a lot of sails.

• Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

I blame Art Bell.

The UFO crowd was pretty harmless, kept to themselves and mostly had quiet meetings in student unions and small bookstores across the US, outside of a few big conventions (and they could cut loose at the conventions because they were surrounded by like-minded folks).  And at the time, they knew their views were not mainstream level, and many (not all) didn’t want the embarrassment of being known as UFO fanatics.  

I’d blame Alex Jones more. 

The Qanon folks had massive platforms and were more than happy to spread their batshit views around, kind of the Mormons of the conspiracy theory community. They were a helluva lot more confrontational than the UFO/Art Bell crowd ever was, and they never had a President that catered to at least some of their beliefs.

And I think Art Bell genuinely loved his fans.  The people running Q give no fucks about how alienated their followers are, and just see $$$ and lulz.

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

And why would anyone think Donald Trump, of all people, was the person to be trusted to end all of it?

If you skip all of his connections to politicians in the past, his friendships with Democrats, etc. he appears to be a True Political Outsider.

I see a few Q leaning posts from some of my friends.

But the two I know of that a both Full Blown QAnon?

Both white women in their late 40s/early 50s. One a CRNP, one a CRNA. The CRNP is married to our chief of surgery. He was also the President of our medical staff. He had to resign the presidency position because he couldn’t stop her from posting nonsense on the hospital Facebook page.

Man….that CRNP must be hot and amazing at sex.

55 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

The CRNP is married to our chief of surgery. He was also the President of our medical staff. He had to resign the presidency position because he couldn’t stop her from posting nonsense on the hospital Facebook page.

Justifiable homicide is a thing.

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

Tell me you are an educated, reasonably intelligent bougie without telling me you are an educated, reasonably intelligent bougie.

And why would anyone think Donald Trump, of all people, was the person to be trusted to end all of it?
He's actually not a big Trump guy so I'm not sure if you could call him a Q believer. He definitely believes a lot of the same crazy stuff though, but I guess all of the conspiracy theories are really kind of tied together. I don't ask too many questions because it's all just so absurd and honestly, I just don't really give a shit.

1 minute ago, Bama Chick said:

Nah. Super skinny ginger with the pale skin and freckles to match.

1 -- Jessica Chastain disapproves of your judgey judgment.....

Jessica-Chastain-04.jpg?quality=75&strip

2 -- she still may be amazing at the sex stuff.

It's truly the only explanation I can come up with to stay with a certifiably insane person who costs you your job.

3 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

Our species sucks so fucking bad. Not all of us, for sure. But on balance, I can’t help but root for plague, famine, climate change, and giant asteroids. The universe would be better off without us. 

Imminent annihilation sounds so dope . . .  

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

1 -- Jessica Chastain disapproves of your judgey judgment.....

Jessica-Chastain-04.jpg?quality=75&strip

2 -- she still may be amazing at the sex stuff.

It's truly the only explanation I can come up with to stay with a certifiably insane person who costs you your job.

I don't think Jessica Chastain has freckles nor does she classiy as "super skinny." Someone says "super skinny ginger with freckles to match" and I'm thinking more:

Field of Dreams (1989)

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I don't think Jessica Chastain has freckles nor does she classiy as "super skinny." Someone says "super skinny ginger with freckles to match" and I'm thinking more:

Field of Dreams (1989)

Counterpoint: I think Jessica is hot, and wanted to post her picture.

Yes Sydney is closer to her vibe than Jessica Chastain.

And it that orangey ginger not deep red sexy ginger.

And he didn’t lose his job - he’s in private practice and still has surgical privileges. He just lost his elected position as President of the medical staff.

And I’ve known her for 30 years. That uptight crow ain’t no good at sex stuff.

9 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Yes Sydney is closer to her vibe than Jessica Chastain.

And it that orangey ginger not deep red sexy ginger.

And he didn’t lose his job - he’s in private practice and still has surgical privileges. He just lost his elected position as President of the medical staff.

well-damn-it.gif

16 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

I overheard two coworkers completely seriously discussing how China is inflicting this heatwave on the world.  They don't know how they Chicoms are doing it, but they are absolutely convinced that the evil Chinese are to blame.  Idiots.

The 8 Best Space Heaters of 2022 | Reviews by Wirecutter

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

Just to be clear...this is speculation, right?  You're not saying that you know her in the Biblical sense and have stories to share to backup that very slanderous claim, are you?

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

What a bunch of idiots....everyone knows it's the Jews. 

• Haha 3

• 1 month later...