OL Amon Simon
DE Markaviest Bryant
WR TJ Vasher
C James Empey
DE Mike Tafua
LB Storey Jackson
QB Ben DiNucci

On 7/15/2022 at 10:34 AM, jimmyjazz said:

I understand that.  My point is that sticking in the league for 5 years pretty much validates any lofty expectations out of high school.  At least in my mind it does.

Like you say, we need more of that kind of suck.

He hasn’t stuck in the NFL. He’s played in like 3 games. He’s a practice squad guy. If that validates a 5-star guy that was a third round pick, I feel sad you apparently forgot 1998-2010. 

On 7/15/2022 at 3:14 PM, SA-KC_Horn said:

Five yrs associated with the league, is impressive no matter who it is. 

He reps the burnt orange, so should you.

It’s not impressive. He’s been a bust.  

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

He's played in 34 games.

No he hasn’t. You’re looking at the games he’s dressed for, where he hasn’t been on the PS. Him having 16 total tackles (9 solo) should be a huge tell tale he hasn’t played in 34 games. 

15 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

No he hasn’t. You’re looking at the games he’s dressed for, where he hasn’t been on the PS. Him having 16 total tackles (9 solo) should be a huge tell tale he hasn’t played in 34 games. 

Yes. He has. Mostly on ST. 

37 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

He hasn’t stuck in the NFL. He’s played in like 3 games. He’s a practice squad guy. If that validates a 5-star guy that was a third round pick, I feel sad you apparently forgot 1998-2010. 

Guess it would be thought  impressive only  if you spent 5 years in the league

but your  a bust.

Edited by TexasTroll

40 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

Uh, no.  

Ultimately, I don't really care -- a HS player eventually banking several $M in the NFL is not some kind of embarassment.  By the end of his tenure at Texas it was pretty obvious he wasn't a top-tier NFL prospect, as evidenced by his draft selection.

He's hung around.  Most college players, even plenty of blue chip HS prospects, would be happy with that.  Nobody is saying he's gonna be All-Pro.

He’s been a disappointment since his freshman year and the personification of Texas football over this dreadful stretch. Maybe he can go shine in the CFL like his twin Jackson Jeffcoat. I’ll never understand this board’s inability to candidly evaluate this guy. 

1 minute ago, Porterhouse said:

He’s been a disappointment since his freshman year and the personification of Texas football over this dreadful stretch. Maybe he can go shine in the CFL like his twin Jackson Jeffcoat. I’ll never understand this board’s inability to candidly evaluate this guy. 

He was a great ambassador for the program at a time when one was sorely needed. Sadly he was one of many over the past decade plus who regressed over his years here. Seems like for whatever reason football never clicked for him. I wish him well in his future endeavors 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Deej said:

Sorry Malik fucked your woman, Porterhouse. 

What a failure collecting an NFL check for 5 years. Must suck to know you're eligible for an NFL pension. 

I wonder what the pension eligibility rules are. If you’re a PS guy for much of that period, are you still eligible?  Regardless, he didn’t make much money. First, NFL players don’t, across the board, make that much. At most he made $4mm over his career and it’s probably closer to $3mm. 

Just now, Sawbonz said:

He was a great ambassador for the program at a time when one was sorely needed. Sadly he was one of many over the past decade plus who regressed over his years here. Seems like for whatever reason football never clicked for him. I wish him well in his future endeavors 

I don’t care about ambassadors if they translate to three losing seasons. I certainly don’t consider them great. 

Just now, Porterhouse said:

I don’t care about ambassadors if they translate to three losing seasons. I certainly don’t consider them great. 

We would have been worse without him. And he would have likely been better if he had gone elsewhere 

Edited by Sawbonz

2 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

I wonder what the pension eligibility rules are. If you’re a PS guy for much of that period, are you still eligible?  Regardless, he didn’t make much money. First, NFL players don’t, across the board, make that much. At most he made $4mm over his career and it’s probably closer to $3mm. 

It must suck to only make $3-5 million over 5 years for playing on special teams. Poor Malik.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Sawbonz said:

We would have been worse without him. And he would have likely been better if he had gone elsewhere 

So what?  We would’ve gotten rid of Charlie faster. You think I give a shit about 6-7 versus 4-9?  

1 minute ago, Deej said:

It must suck to only make $3-5 million over 5 years for playing on special teams. Poor Malik.

Not bad money. Considerably worse than a spare part in any other major sport. 

1 minute ago, Porterhouse said:

Not bad money. Considerably worse than a spare part in any other major sport. 

Thats more money than most people make in a lifetime. If he's smart, he make that money work for him. 

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Deej said:

Thats more money than most people make in a lifetime. If he's smart, he make that money work for him. 

Maybe, but doubt it. That isn’t “I can retire” money. 

Just now, Sawbonz said:

He’s better at what he does than you are at what you do 

Lol, no, he’s not. 

5 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

MJ's last year was definitely his best year in as a longhorn. He didn't live up to the hype, but he's doing better than most who aren't even getting opportunities at the same point in their career.

1 minute ago, Deej said:

But it isn't "I've got to bust my ass working a shitty job to live comfortably" money, either. 

I hope he preserved it. I doubt he has managed it well because of his youth and keeping up the lifestyle of an NFL player. Particularly early in career. I wouldn’t have managed it well. 

1 minute ago, SurlyBDR said:

Show us your nurse paycheck so we may verify 

I worked overtime and made $200K last year, and I swear I’m not poor/Greenspoint 

1 minute ago, Sawbonz said:

Your kids are in public school right?

For now, yeah, HP

8 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

A season is 3 games played per year in the NFL. Malik has eclipsed the 3 years necessary to make the NFL pension program (and the tuition reimbursement program) and with one more season of at least 3 appearances he'll be qualified for the Player Annuity Program as well. There are other programs that he may be a part of that also increase your retirement portfoliol. It's not set-for-life or fuck you money, but the guy has made enough money and has enough retirement padding to live well in his retired years with an even average income going forward, so anything he makes from now to 55+ is just adding to that QOL. (** assuming he hasn't amassed a mountain of idiotic debt as many guys do) 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

I hope he preserved it. I doubt he has managed it well because of his youth and keeping up the lifestyle of an NFL player. Particularly early in career. I wouldn’t have managed it well. 

So you're saying young black men can't be responsible with their finances?

1 hour ago, Porterhouse said:

Bro, I simply stated he has been associated with the shield for 5yrs and counting. I am sure Malik is sorry for not living up to your expectations. If he still has a job in the league, it still impressive. Yes, we'd love for every Horn to be an All-Pro and Super Bowl MVP, but comeon....calling him out when other muthafuckas are completely cut, is just childish, since you ran to this thread immediately. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Deej said:

So you're saying young black men can't be responsible with their finances?

Nope. 

1 minute ago, golfclap said:

A season is 3 games played per year in the NFL. Malik has eclipsed the 3 years necessary to make the NFL pension program (and the tuition reimbursement program) and with one more season of at least 3 appearances he'll be qualified for the Player Annuity Program as well. There are other programs that he may be a part of that also increase your retirement portfoliol. It's not set-for-life or fuck you money, but the guy has made enough money and has enough retirement padding to live well in his retired years with an even average income going forward, so anything he makes from now to 55+ is just adding to that QOL. (** assuming he hasn't amassed a mountain of idiotic debt as many guys do) 

This @Deej

2 minutes ago, SA-KC_Horn said:

Bro, I simply stated he has been associated with the shield for 5yrs and counting. I am sure Malik is sorry for not living up to your expectations. If he still has a job in the league, it still impressive. Yes, we'd love for every Horn to be an All-Pro and Super Bowl MVP, but comeon....calling him out when other muthafuckas are completely cut, is just childish, since you ran to this thread immediately. 

I heard he was cut this morning. I came over here to find a bunch of apologists. He was a part of Texas’ worst stretch ever and y’all follow him like he’s meaningful. I don’t get it. And I’m simply returning negs. I have nothing against you. 

26 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

he was going to try to run around blocks no matter where he went, only one linebacker I know of that had a good to great career doing that.

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

How many people can move to a second career with potentially $1M+ in the bank while still in their 20s? Assuming he saved well, he’ll be fine if he decides to hang it up.

Especially now that the Predator franchise has been given new life..

• Haha 1