National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

UpperWestside

11 hours ago, mdmost said:

Clark on the ladder when he’s trying not to fall is great. The little things he does like how he’s not sure how to grip the ladder from the front or back so he goes back and forth a few times.

10 hours ago, Red Five said:

Top 30 Griswold Ladder GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

This is one of my favorite parts of the whole movie.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 10 months later...
16 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

It’s almost that time of year.

I’ve never bought anything off an Instagram ad but I may have to make an exception.

1c963c8753c0f7465870d62757af3bc3.jpg

It’s almost that time of year.

I’ve never bought anything off an Instagram ad but I may have to make an exception.

1c963c8753c0f7465870d62757af3bc3.jpg

That’s pretty cool. I am wearing one right now that has the quote about Santa finding the jolliest bunch of a holes this side of the nuthouse. I wore this to church before and the pastor laughed at it.

On 12/25/2021 at 7:37 PM, Elmer_Fudd said:

A scene that always makes me laugh is when the neighbors get home and find the stereo destroyed and water everywhere.  Just the way they say it it.  "Why is the carpet all wet Todd??"  "I don’t know Margo"

I use "I don't know, Margo" on someone all the time and she freaking hates it.  So of course I keep doing that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, austingirl said:

You know that metal plate in my head? I had to get it replaced cause every time Catherine revved up the microwave, I'd piss my pants and forget who I was for half an hour.

Hand to God, I watch this every year and even after ~35 years, this line makes me legit laugh out loud.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 12/25/2021 at 11:20 AM, mdmost said:

Clark on the ladder when he’s trying not to fall is great. The little things he does like how he’s not sure how to grip the ladder from the front or back so he goes back and forth a few times.

Yep.  He does the same thing when trying to open the attic window.

I read somewhere that the director had never seen either of the other two Vacation movies.

17 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Wife got me this because of my love for JLD…

05E2C498-618C-4678-9129-836FCBCA2511.thumb.jpeg.6128a821ebfff7fd770063c2af40ff44.jpeg

We chuckled last night as we noticed Todd is in Trading Places as one of the douchey friends of Louis at the club. And I can confirm, JLC's breasts are still as spectacular as ever. 

• Drool 1

I can't picture him in "Trading Places."  He's not of the douchey quartet singer guys, right?  

I also today years old when I learned Todd is played by Christopher Guest's brother, Nicholas.  Maybe he introduced Christopher to Jamie Lee Curtis on the day of the topless scene; and the rest is history.  

• 11 months later...

Also, Ira from 'Suicide Kings' 

His best part in 'Christmas Vacation' is when he's brushing off his dad and you're watching Chevy Chase's reaction to the lights with Beverly.  And he walks towards the camera and his voice gets mumbled while looking at a watch that isn't there, "Look at the time.  I gotta get to bed.  Brush my teeth, feed the hog, still got some homework to do.  Do the laundry, wash my car, still got some bills to pay."  Closely followed by "Really grandma?...a whole quarter?"  

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Also, Ira from 'Suicide Kings' 

His best part in 'Christmas Vacation' is when he's brushing off his dad and you're watching Chevy Chase's reaction to the lights with Beverly.  And he walks towards the camera and his voice gets mumbled while looking at a watch that isn't there, "Look at the time.  I gotta get to bed.  Brush my teeth, feed the hog, still got some homework to do.  Do the laundry, wash my car, still got some bills to pay."  Closely followed by "Really grandma?...a whole quarter?"  

That's an homage to a gag that Chase used to do on SNL (the watch that isn't there) 

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

Hard to believe he turned 80 recently. 

He’s trying to make it into the dead pool this week

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/chevy-chase-80-falls-off-193613750.html

Chevy Chase took a tumble during a recent event, but luckily, the beloved actor didn't appear to sustain any injuries.

During a National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation Q&A in Buffalo, New York, on Wednesday, Dec. 6, the actor shocked attendees—who audibly gasped—when he fell off the stage. The 80-year-old was walking across the stage when he seemingly tripped, stumbling to the ground. After being helped up, he tipped his hat to guests and took his seat for the fan event.

Just recently, the famed comedy franchise's star insisted he was still in optimal health, after he arrived in a wheelchair to support pal Sylvester Stalloneat the opening of his Rocky memorabilia shop in Philadelphia over the weekend.

"His health is amazing and his tour, A Live Conversation With Chevy Chase, has been selling out across the country," his reps told DailyMail. "He sometimes uses the chair due to all the airport travel—even at 80 years young."

Edited by atomheartbevo