Fire Mike Yurcich

RGBIII

Mike. Have a little heart-to-heart with Sam. Tell him you wouldn't be here if Tom was worth a bucket of warm spit at play calling. When you check the sideline, look up to the press box and I'll show you a green light or a red light. Green light, run the play they show; red light, ignore that shit and run the 1st down play.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Mike. Have a little heart-to-heart with Sam. Tell him you wouldn't be here if Tom was worth a bucket of warm spit at play calling. When you check the sideline, look up to the press box and I'll show you a green light or a red light. Green light, run the play they show; red light, ignore that shit and run the 1st down play.

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

AND... Fuckin' Let Yurcich Call the Plays!!!

(thanks to @Coach pop a bitch for finding tweet)

Holy shit.  I mean I expected this was the case but never expected to hear it was fact.  Yurcich will be pulling a Harsin and be outta here ASAP, assuming Tom doesn’t get everyone fired first.  

Herman seems to be confused about his role in the success of the OSU offense.

HE is not going to be able to replicate what was done with Urb's recruits, in the Big 10.  They could possibly execute his shit playcalls without going three and out.

Herman is not going to be able to impose his offensive will using his shit playcalls with his recruits, that he developed, in the Big fuckin 12.

8 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

That's interesting. I had been thinking all game they need to run the ball more.  Sam has not been very good.  But blocking also sucks, so... 

Sam is our only real source of rushing yards. Rojo and Bijan have been getting stonewalled all day.

I get the feeling Herman is screwing with the offensive plays more than he's letting on.  That 3rd and 1, where we had a 30-40 yard incomplete pass to our RB was eerily like years' past.  I swear Mensa always overthinks like "they know we're going to run the ball, so let's do something unexpected!"  The only way that would have been a reasonable call was if we were already planning to go for it on 4th down.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

I get the feeling Herman is screwing with the offensive plays more than he's letting on.  That 3rd and 1, where we had a 30-40 yard incomplete pass to our RB was eerily like years' past.  I swear Mensa always overthinks like "they know we're going to run the ball, so let's do something unexpected!"  The only way that would have been a reasonable call was if we were already planning to go for it on 4th down.

How about when he called timeout before the ou 4th and goal? He sees that they were going to pass... so what does he do? He splits the DTs and puts juwan Mitchell over the center. OU easily sneaks it for the TD. We had a better chance to stop the play prior to the timeout and then had absolutely no chance after the timeout.

On 10/10/2020 at 2:08 PM, Burt Macklin said:

Who could’ve guessed that we’d do the same old shit that doesn’t work instead of attacking our opponents’ weaknesses? 

I would settle for finding something that works and sticking to it instead of abandoning it.

• Rage+1 1

In the most recent Humidor, Eric Nahlin confirms what we all feared - Herman is interfering with the offensive playcalling, and isn't letting Yurcich speed up the tempo.

On the downside, we’ve heard the head coach is too involved on the offensive side of the ball, which is pretty evident watching the games. Herman has a governor on ”offensive coordinator” Mike Yurcich. Herman basically admitted that in his postgame press conference when he grumbled about tempo. We may go into more detail here at another point in time.

• Rage+1 1

So Gundy was asked a question about Yurcich and his finger prints on this offense.  From his film scouting of us, he stated some of the RPO and tempo are his additions.  Otherwise, this is the exact fucking same offense we had last year which is Tom Herman's offense.  I'm completely convinced we could have had Graham Harrell last year but Herman nixed it because he wants to run his offense.  I'm sure Yurcich is pissed as well because he's basically running the plays Tom has okay'd him to run.  This guy is so fucking arrogant, he was given a chance to rebuild the offense with a blank check for coordinators and he essentially hired Yurcich to be his yes man, hired Andre Coleman who has no fucking business being a WR coach at big time program, and hired Boulware who has taken our special teams from below average to probably one of worst units in the country.  Add in Herb Hand who took a promising OL roster and has completely fucked it up.  

Ash and the defense get a little more leeway from me this year.  The LBs are improving game by game considering we didn't have anyone worth shit to start the season.  I think Hutzler has evaluated very well on the recruiting front and Mitchell and Overshown are getting better game by game.  I'm not sure what the fuck Mark Hagen does but I don't think he should be coaching here.  I think our safeties have played much better this year.  Sterns, Brown, Foster have been much better.  Our CBs however fucking suck.  We need Ash and Valai to do work there and teach these guys better.  This defense was fucking terrible last year and I'll give Ash the benefit of the doubt.  I'm not sure about Valai from a coaching standpoint but he's probably our best recruiter on the staff.  

Anyways, not sure what my point was but fuck Herman.  This offense sucks.  He has no idea how to evaluate and hire a good staff.  The player rotations and personnel they put out there is some of the worst I've seen from a power 5 staff.  He's fucking clueless on so many aspects of running this offense.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, victory88 said:

So Gundy was asked a question about Yurcich and his finger prints on this offense.  From his film scouting of us, he stated some of the RPO and tempo are his additions.  Otherwise, this is the exact fucking same offense we had last year which is Tom Herman's offense.  I'm completely convinced we could have had Graham Harrell last year but Herman nixed it because he wants to run his offense.  I'm sure Yurcich is pissed as well because he's basically running the plays Tom has okay'd him to run.  This guy is so fucking arrogant, he was given a chance to rebuild the offense with a blank check for coordinators and he essentially hired Yurcich to be his yes man, hired Andre Coleman who has no fucking business being a WR coach at big time program, and hired Boulware who has taken our special teams from below average to probably one of worst units in the country.  Add in Herb Hand who took a promising OL roster and has completely fucked it up.  

Ash and the defense get a little more leeway from me this year.  The LBs are improving game by game considering we didn't have anyone worth shit to start the season.  I think Hutzler has evaluated very well on the recruiting front and Mitchell and Overshown are getting better game by game.  I'm not sure what the fuck Mark Hagen does but I don't think he should be coaching here.  I think our safeties have played much better this year.  Sterns, Brown, Foster have been much better.  Our CBs however fucking suck.  We need Ash and Valai to do work there and teach these guys better.  This defense was fucking terrible last year and I'll give Ash the benefit of the doubt.  I'm not sure about Valai from a coaching standpoint but he's probably our best recruiter on the staff.  

Anyways, not sure what my point was but fuck Herman.  This offense sucks.  He has no idea how to evaluate and hire a good staff.  The player rotations and personnel they put out there is some of the worst I've seen from a power 5 staff.  He's fucking clueless on so many aspects of running this offense.  

Good points !

Gundy also describes Yurcich as being loyal more than once.   TH mentioned he spoke with Gundy prior to hiring Yurcich - which means he got his "yes" man.

:13 and 5:03

8 hours ago, victory88 said:

So Gundy was asked a question about Yurcich and his finger prints on this offense.  From his film scouting of us, he stated some of the RPO and tempo are his additions.  Otherwise, this is the exact fucking same offense we had last year which is Tom Herman's offense.  I'm completely convinced we could have had Graham Harrell last year but Herman nixed it because he wants to run his offense.   

I have a pretty good source that said Graham was interested and he and Tom did talk.  Guessing now it was a smoke screen by Tom.

27 minutes ago, Scholz said:

new-orleans-la-us-01st-jan-2019-a-texas-

That is a photo from the Rice game last year. But yes he still does have a play calling sheet on the sideline, as does Herb Hand if you ever see him in a sideline shot. I still agree though that Herman is likely way too involved.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I always liked the Yurcich hire and he still averaged a ton of points per game even though Turtle Tom kept putting on the breaks and made him use stupid rotations. Some may blame Yurcich, but we saw the stupidity from Tom's first game and he was the constant. Good luck Yurcich unless you are playing us.

6 minutes ago, Eggo said:

I don't know if this is completely fair. He decommitted shortly after Ewers committed. He knew what was up, and now we have neither. 

Yurcich was actively recruiting 2021 QBs as soon as he took the job here. Didn't do enough to convince Milroe that he was his guy.

Yurcich and Herman are definitely on the hook for the Milroe flip. He was probably gone even without Ewers (2022) committing.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, DanTheHorn said:

I never liked the Yurcich hire but he still averaged a ton of points per game even though Turtle Gundy kept putting on the breaks and made him use stupid rotations. Some may blame Yurcich, but we see the stupidity from Gundy which seems constant. Good luck Yurcich unless you are playing us.

Fixed it for us OSU fans.

• Haha 1