Luka Doncic

Goo Punch

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/30/2019 at 12:14 AM, Goo Punch said:

He's already better than Dirk at nearly everything. 

almost exactly one year ago this quote ruffled a shit ton of feathers, and i only bring it up now because that IG link that i just posted is exactly what i was talking about when i said this. Luka is not just a supremely talented basketball player, he is supremely talented among his NBA peers. he could easily win 3+ MVPs depending on team success. Among players under 30, his talent, size, and feel for the game are pretty much unmatched save maybe Jokic, but Luka is much more athletic and more mobile and a much better ball handler. he really is something special.

32 minutes ago, CBT said:

God damn it Derka.

hey- if people get to lose their shit and attack me en masse when i give an opinion, then i definitely get to bring it back up a year later when it's beyond clear that i was right. don't tell me that's not fair. if y'all can give it then you can take it. i could have brought this back up 100x before now but i didn't. that's far more courtesy than most of the people at the beginning of this thread gave me. you can't tell me that's not fair game. 

hey- if people get to lose their shit and attack me en masse when i give an opinion, then i definitely get to bring it back up a year later when it's beyond clear that i was right. don't tell me that's not fair. if y'all can give it then you can take it. i could have brought this back up 100x before now but i didn't. that's far more courtesy than most of the people at the beginning of this thread gave me. you can't tell me that's not fair game. 
Luka right now doesn't have the killer instinct and work ethic to lead a team to the championship that Dirk had and only developed after 2006. It's the mental edge that the highest performers in any industry or craft have to have to be the best at whatever they do.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Luka's issue is he doesn't have anyone he can count on consistently when he is a bit cold or is getting squeezed by opposing D.  Its all on him.   even James needs 1 or 2 excellent to elite players around him.

We keep thinking Carlisle can puzzle piece this thing around Luka.  narrator: he can't

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

He is the closest to Oscar Robinson we have seen in a long time. You could argue Lebron, but play style for Lebron is not as good a fit. I guess you could include Magic as well, but fuck if your early comps are an argument between LJ, Magic, and the Big O, you are already in elite company..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2021 at 9:17 AM, Llogg said:

You gotta respect Theis's D on that play though. He did a pretty good job taking away the penetration and contesting the shot. Good D, better O.

it would be interesting to see the % of made long range jumpers when a big switches off on a guard.  from anecdotal evidence, the big would be better playing close enough to force a drive.  The guard knows the big is going hang back a little too far and they will have a fairly uncontested jumper.  Using a step back creates even more space vs a big.  maybe the %s bear out taking away the drive, but to my eyes it seems like the guard never misses in that scenario.

• 2 weeks later...