No WAY is that the Same Actor/Actress

EvilCaseMcCoy

8 hours ago, BigDHornfan said:

In the new Lakers show on HBO as Jerry Tarkanian:
Winning Time' Fact Check: Did a Body Really End Up in the Trunk of a Car?

You might remember him as :
dazed and confused the movie | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

Holy shit.  I saw him do a table read of Dazed and Confused during the pandemic and he was so fucked up he kept missing his lines.  It was pretty sad actually.  Glad to see he's still doing work.  Maybe he just got a little too into the Slater character that night.

5 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I was watching the end of Donnie Darko the other night. I hadn't seen it in many, many years. I had no idea Seth Rogen was in it until he popped up as one of the two guys at the end who were trying to rob the old lady.

He was the asshole fucking with Donnie's girlfriend earlier in the movie. He was in several scenes.

• Hook 'Em 2

I was watching the end of Donnie Darko the other night. I hadn't seen it in many, many years. I had no idea Seth Rogen was in it until he popped up as one of the two guys at the end who were trying to rob the old lady.

He’s in the classroom scenes, too, but yeah I think I realized it was him the last time I watched it. Good movie.
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, BigDHornfan said:

In the new Lakers show on HBO as Jerry Tarkanian:
Winning Time' Fact Check: Did a Body Really End Up in the Trunk of a Car?

You might remember him as :
dazed and confused the movie | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

Holy shit, I honestly thought that was Paul Giamatti.  Damn, Rory's built himself a pretty damn good career for a guy who I thought would be the least successful actor from "Dazed."  He was incredible in "Black Mass", and a number of others.  I really did think that was Paul at first.  

csb/ years ago at the Houston regional with the Longhorns facing Stanford and Memphis.  Guy who used to be the go-to for tickets on LFZ, even hornfans, and I think maybe even the start of shaggy.  He gives me some passes to some pre-game thing way, way upstairs at Reliant.  We go up there before Stanford tip and it's like a 20 minute elevator commute between all the hallways and shit.  We're thinking it's ridiculous.  And it's a little roped off area on the top level.  And this was no alcohol at all down in the seats.  So it was a little cheese 'n cracker spread, beer & wine, and they said some basketball experts would break the game down for us.  So in walk some washed up broadcaster (can't remember, not trying to be rude), and Coach Tarkanian.  My wife knew who he was, and he just lights up the room.  Only like 50 of us, but everybody is asking questions and he's charismatic as hell.  So tip off is about to happen between the Horns and those goofy Stanford twins.  So we finish our beers and start walking out.  And Shark is next to me, and says something like "Long damn walk back to the seats way down there."  And I agree.  So he just winks at the bartender, grabs like six beers, hands me four to put in my pockets and he takes two and just shoves me out the door, down the hall to the elevators.  We drank 'em all on the long way back to the lower level, and we laughed the whole way.  Such a nice guy, really had a light about him.  /csb

27 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Holy shit, I honestly thought that was Paul Giamatti.  Damn, Rory's built himself a pretty damn good career for a guy who I thought would be the least successful actor from "Dazed."  He was incredible in "Black Mass", and a number of others.  I really did think that was Paul at first.  

csb/ years ago at the Houston regional with the Longhorns facing Stanford and Memphis.  Guy who used to be the go-to for tickets on LFZ, even hornfans, and I think maybe even the start of shaggy.  He gives me some passes to some pre-game thing way, way upstairs at Reliant.  We go up there before Stanford tip and it's like a 20 minute elevator commute between all the hallways and shit.  We're thinking it's ridiculous.  And it's a little roped off area on the top level.  And this was no alcohol at all down in the seats.  So it was a little cheese 'n cracker spread, beer & wine, and they said some basketball experts would break the game down for us.  So in walk some washed up broadcaster (can't remember, not trying to be rude), and Coach Tarkanian.  My wife knew who he was, and he just lights up the room.  Only like 50 of us, but everybody is asking questions and he's charismatic as hell.  So tip off is about to happen between the Horns and those goofy Stanford twins.  So we finish our beers and start walking out.  And Shark is next to me, and says something like "Long damn walk back to the seats way down there."  And I agree.  So he just winks at the bartender, grabs like six beers, hands me four to put in my pockets and he takes two and just shoves me out the door, down the hall to the elevators.  We drank 'em all on the long way back to the lower level, and we laughed the whole way.  Such a nice guy, really had a light about him.  /csb

Before the Stanford game I was at some private party at a hotel bar with a bunch of stock brokers and financial guys. My boss was a Merrill Lynch dude and hooked me up with free tickets to the game. The catch was we had to attend this thing to get them. Tark was there and gave some paid speech about how he thought the game would go. It was awkward. Sounds like he had to do it again at the stadium 30 minutes later for yall.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Before the Stanford game I was at some private party at a hotel bar with a bunch of stock brokers and financial guys. My boss was a Merrill Lynch dude and hooked me up with free tickets to the game. The catch was we had to attend this thing to get them. Tark was there and gave some paid speech about how he thought the game would go. It was awkward. Sounds like he had to do it again at the stadium 30 minutes later for yall.

Yep, it paint-by-numbers analysis.  But at least I got to commit a low-grade felony with him.  Which is nice.  

That was hard for you?  He looks the exact same, just with a beard.  We should all be so lucky to age that well.  

There's a lot of actors from 'Dazed' that are nearly impossible to identify now.  Cole ain't one. 

Also, I think "EVITCA" is the Russian drug that Amanda Bynes is on in that photo.  

Edited by Lobo

5 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

what no Higher Learning? 

The documentary about the Proud Bois?   He was in some movie about a photographer that caused the death of some family member and he seeks revenge.  It was cliche as hell but he was good in it.  Watched it years ago hungover AF and remember thinking “it’s the dude that falls down in his own pickup truck!”   

On 3/22/2022 at 9:18 PM, Lobo said:

That’s a legit csb right there.

I remember when Janeane Garofalo was hot.
October 26th, 1992 thru October 27th, 1992.

Always had a thing for Janeane during that brief peak.

A buddy was one of her roommates in NYC right after college. She had a cancer ridden cat that she refused to put down and didn’t have money for treatment. My friend got tired of it wailing in constant pain, so he took the cat to the vet and had it put down. He then left a window open so she thought the cat ran away. I’ve always wanted to run into her and ask her about that cat.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, PRONG HORN said:

I was googling for nude pics of the hot limo Nazi (Suzanne Snyder) from Seinfeld, and found out she was Deb from Weird Science.  She also played another character on Seinfeld.  

Did you find her nude pics from Femme Fatale (1991)?

• 2 weeks later...

I may be the only one watching The Man Who Fell to Earth on Showtime but a character goes looking for a crazy old hermit in Alaska that looked familiar.

Dr.-Papel-Paul-Freeman-The-Man-Who-Fell-

Spoiler

Belloq from Raiders of the Last Ark (Paul Freeman)

9b6wMFtGbFjLvJsP25fWbd-1024-80.jpg.webp

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...