Mike McCarthy is a fat fucking retard

blacklab

3 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I don't think I've ever seen a team try to spot, set, and snap the ball on their own before. Bold strategy.

Tony Dungy just remarked an old standard that Gruden used - to get a play off with no timeouts and to ensure you have enough time to spike it, you need 18 seconds.

So, because they only had 14 seconds, McCarthy needed his players to execute perfectly for that too happen.  They didn't.  Didn't find the Umpire, weren't fully aware of the context, did not help the officials spot the ball.

Then McCarthy (and the players) blamed the officials post-game.  They'll be proven wrong for that.

This is McCarthy's MO.  It can't be me - there was enough time - it was the officials fault.  Bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

Tony Dungy just remarked an old standard that Gruden used - to get a play off with no timeouts and to ensure you have enough time to spike it, you need 18 seconds.

So, because they only had 14 seconds, McCarthy needed his players to execute perfectly for that too happen.  They didn't.  Didn't find the Umpire, weren't fully aware of the context, did not help the officials spot the ball.

Then McCarthy (and the players) blamed the officials post-game.  They'll be proven wrong for that.

This is McCarthy's MO.  It can't be me - there was enough time - it was the officials fault.  Bullshit.

Blaming the ref for not being able to cleanly slide through the wall of tightly bunched 330 lbs. men that the the Cowboys were nice enough to construct for him is pretty peak McCarthy.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

Blaming the ref for not being able to cleanly slide through the wall of tightly bunched 330 lbs. men that the the Cowboys were nice enough to construct for him is pretty peak McCarthy.

there was plenty to blame the shitty refs on in that game(zero hands to the face for the niners and I saw at least 3 of them) but that play isn't one of them.   thats just a dumb call unless Dak only goes about 10 yards downfield.

30 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

They were blaming refs after Arizona too. But they commit so many damn legitimate penalties they put themselves in position to get screwed late, although this was just them screwing themselves. The officials didn't cost that game like they may have last night against the Raiders. The Cowboys committed obvious penalties all game long. So obvious they weren't going to be missed. 

12 hours ago, SizzleChest said:

Rex Ryan said 16 and that that’s what he’s been told for 30 years. Either way they didn’t have enough and the 49ers knew it and had the defense set up that way because of it. 

59 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Rex Ryan said 16 and that that’s what he’s been told for 30 years. Either way they didn’t have enough and the 49ers knew it and had the defense set up that way because of it. 

It depends on how far you run or throw the ball.  If you base it on 10 yards to get a first down you might be able to do it in 14 but we ran 18 yards and the ref didn't start running after Dak took off immediately.

I was never fine with this hiring, and as a lifelong Cowboys fan who has learned how to not gaf the past 3-4 seasons....fuck all of them (Jerrah and his clones most of all) for drawing me back in with false hope late in the season.

In '22 I will resume my dgaf until they win a gotdam playoff game.

16 hours ago, SizzleChest said:

This tells me two things about McCarthy:

1.)  McCarthy has issues with accountability

2.)  McCarthy is fat

• Haha 1

He's a dumb guy that wants to be smart, that's the best I can say for him. He genuinely tries to learn but he's at the dangerous level of intelligence where he doesn't have the depth to understand why sometimes. I was shocked when he not only went for two on the first touchdown when the Cowboys were down 15 a while back, but he was able to explain why it's the right thing to do in the press conference after the game. Had a glimmer of hope for him for a minute there.

That was where I was dumb.

so according to that it's 14% to hit

formula for multiple chances of something happening 1 - (1 - P)^N

2 chances = 1 - (1-.14)^2 = 27%

3 chances = 1 - (1-.14)^3 = 36%

according to this https://www.csuohio.edu/sites/default/files/94B-2016.pdf

chances of getting a td from 15 yard line are 15%

so going from the 20 has to be around there, maybe a little higher, but 27 or 36 > 15-20

• Hook 'Em 2

If McCarthy is fired where would he be fat next? I doubt he'll be a fat head coach but I imagine he'll be a fat coordinator or fat assistant. A fat analyst is possible. Is it possible that nobody wants him to be fat for them in any capacity at all? 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Chooky said:

If McCarthy is fired where would he be fat next? I doubt he'll be a fat head coach but I imagine he'll be a fat coordinator or fat assistant. A fat analyst is possible. Is it possible that nobody wants him to be fat for them in any capacity at all? 

Fat people fit in great in Alabama, he’ll probably enter the Nick Saban shitty coach rehab program and then get hired as an NFL head coach again the next year 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Marcusshelton said:

Especially when the sideline passes were working so well. Got too cute. 

On the last play, the Niners had the sidelines protected pretty well. The Cowboys had an opportunity after the Niners TO to remind everyone (especially Dak and the center) the umpire needed to touch the ball before the snap. 

F3C2B293-167B-4695-8CB6-B5540D1F4171.jpeg

15 minutes ago, HornPhD said:

On the last play, the Niners had the sidelines protected pretty well. The Cowboys had an opportunity after the Niners TO to remind everyone (especially Dak and the center) the umpire needed to touch the ball before the snap. 

Not trying to burst your bubble here, but Fat Mike & Company aren't exactly keen on the finer points of the game.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

Even if they were able to clock the ball, wouldn't it have been better to take 2 or maybe even 3 shots at the endzone rather than getting one shot from the 30 yard line?

that whats i was screaming. i rewatched it. 14 secs from the niner 40. thats at least 2 tries. 

Edited by staboner

Did not understand the hire two years ago, still don't understand it. 

He's a dumb guy who got lucky with Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers and he's still a dumb guy who has been lucky having Dak Prescott and that defense, just not as lucky because the 2006-2018 Packers > 2020-2021 Cowboys in talent. 

It is abundantly clear to everyone but Jerruh. 

Aaron Rodgers hated him for a reason. 

2 hours ago, ousux said:

I was never fine with this hiring, and as a lifelong Cowboys fan who has learned how to not gaf the past 3-4 seasons....fuck all of them (Jerrah and his clones most of all) for drawing me back in with false hope late in the season.

You’ve only not cared for 3-4 years?  And you cared this year?  That’s sad. 

McCarthy has presided over a transformation where this team takes more chances with better talent. That’s positive. But it is a team that has no discipline and no brains. It is making younger people like Moore and Dak dumb. There is no accountability on this team. That’s not changing. I’d be happy to part ways with him now. I’d go hard hard hard after Payton. If he turns you down, elevate Quinn. 

44 minutes ago, HornPhD said:

Look at the alignment. There would have been zero rush, especially if Choke is going to release the ball 5-6 seconds after taking the snap. So he steps back and tries to thread the needle at the receiver who looks like they'll be open. No fucking ally oop pass. from 40 yards out, we have 4 receivers streaking toward the end zone. At least one gets held. Another is interfered with. You do that 3 fucking times and you have a shot. 

The fact that McBarnyard and Moore envisioned something better (especially something in the middle of the field) is proof they didn't know what the fuck they were doing. Get these losers the fuck off this team.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

10 minutes ago, Native Horn said:

Not trying to burst your bubble here, but Fat Mike & Company aren't exactly keen on the finer points of the game.

My post implied this. Dak and the linemen obviously were confused and made it difficult for the umpire to spot the ball. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I didn’t like the hire but I tried like hell to give him a chance. He’s won a SB, so maybe, just maybe, he could make it work. Nope, he’s a fat piece of shit who can’t game plan, can’t adjust, and let’s his players make the same mistakes over and over again without consequence. He’s shit. His boss is shittier. Jerry’s ineptitude pervades every inch of this team and will never accomplish anything as long as Jerry insists on doing everything himself and refusing to hire a leader and let him fucking lead. He’ll fire McCarthy and hire another worthless yes man, that’s all he knows.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Look at the alignment. There would have been zero rush, especially if Choke is going to release the ball 5-6 seconds after taking the snap. So he steps back and tries to thread the needle at the receiver who looks like they'll be open. No fucking ally oop pass. from 40 yards out, we have 4 receivers streaking toward the end zone. At least one gets held. Another is interfered with. You do that 3 fucking times and you have a shot. 

The fact that McBarnyard and Moore envisioned something better (especially something in the middle of the field) is proof they didn't know what the fuck they were doing. Get these losers the fuck off this team.

From the 40 with 14 seconds left, they had at most 2 chances (both low probability). Threading the needle from the 50 isn’t easy. 

1. the stupid bullshit after the fake punt worked

2. not letting the clock go to the 2 minute warning after Dak took the sack on 1st and 10 - get in the right play, no need to rush(incomplete 5 yard pass to Lamb)

3. the draw call to end the game

Ladies and gentlemen I give you Mike McCarthy, bumbling fucking idiot.

26 minutes ago, HornPhD said:

From the 40 with 14 seconds left, they had at most 2 chances (both low probability). Threading the needle from the 50 isn’t easy. 

If a receiver can run 40 yrds in 5 seconds, you can hit him at the goal line with 9 seconds left. In theory, they'd stop the clock within a second of an incompletion. My scenario is a lot less flawed than Barney McBarnyard's. I don't think there's another coach in the pros stupid enough to try that play - and apparently, Choke ran the play they all agreed on. Huh? Earlier in the game, one of those referees fucked us on another snap count, so you sure don't want to trust them to get it right.

Which brings me to a bigger point, The NFL with its 40-second clock and not stopping the clock after a first down or after a long pass play late in the game, is an inferior product that is only appreciated by fans too young to know how infinitely more exciting it was before the rule changes. You may think it's exciting now, but all I can say is it was a hell of a lot better before.

I mean, how many minutes would it add to the length of a game to do it right? Five? The five at the end, when the game has reached a fever pitch. Another thing I see the refs do is failure to give a runner credit when he drags one or two tacklers out of bounds to stop the clock (what an exciting play that is, yet those bastard refs will keep the clock running, so there's no time to stop and appreciate an amazing effort.) Sometimes he his dragging them back downfield slightly, but as far as I'm concerned his fucking forward motion is wherever the hell he wants it to be.

When it was a thirty second clock (or 25, I forget which) the kind of last ditch effort we saw yesterday was commonplace, because one team could not kill an entire 2 minute period. In every close game, the losing team always had a desperation 4th down play where everything was on the line, and the ball was turned over, but if they'd saved their time outs, they would get one last shot, just like we saw yesterday, with 20 or thirty seconds on the clock -- commonplace in the 70s.

Basically the league is run by brain dead morons who don't give a fuck about the game, just the money - perhaps like Jerry Jones.

Compare the NFL's amateurish game management to pro baseball playoffs, when fans might be on the edge of their seat for fifteen, twenty, sometimes thirty minutes without a single commercial. the NFL is a subpar product. If fans got together, they could demand more.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, ousux said:

This was an extreme meh hire. A going through the motions hire. At first I was on board with this being a better coached team than Garrett but now I question that. Same shit, different coach. The environment starting with Jones family is toxic and runs down.

Packers fans warned Dallas of how MM is. Even with Rodgers, he made braindead decisions and got outcoached in the playoffs. Rodgers was just able to win more games than Dak will based on talent and Rodgers could mask Mike's shortcomings. 

I might seriously consider my fandom if they make Kellen Moore the HC. His coaching tree is Garrett and Linehan. He is a Garrett clone in every way. 

Trash the whole staff and bring in a guy who can do his thing and hire his people. But we know that won't happen. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

If a receiver can run 40 yrds in 5 seconds, you can hit him at the goal line with 9 seconds left. In theory, they'd stop the clock within a second of an incompletion. My scenario is a lot less flawed than Barney McBarnyard's. I don't think there's another coach in the pros stupid enough to try that play - and apparently, Choke ran the play they all agreed on. Huh? Earlier in the game, one of those referees fucked us on another snap count, so you sure don't want to trust them to get it right.

Which brings me to a bigger point, The NFL with its 40-second clock and not stopping the clock after a first down or after a long pass play late in the game, is an inferior product that is only appreciated by fans too young to know how infinitely more exciting it was before the rule changes. You may think it's exciting now, but all I can say is it was a hell of a lot better before.

I mean, how many minutes would it add to the length of a game to do it right? Five? The five at the end, when the game has reached a fever pitch. Another thing I see the refs do is failure to give a runner credit when he drags one or two tacklers out of bounds to stop the clock (what an exciting play that is, yet those bastard refs will keep the clock running, so there's no time to stop and appreciate an amazing effort.) Sometimes he his dragging them back downfield slightly, but as far as I'm concerned his fucking forward motion is wherever the hell he wants it to be.

When it was a thirty second clock (or 25, I forget which) the kind of last ditch effort we saw yesterday was commonplace, because one team could not kill an entire 2 minute period. In every close game, the losing team always had a desperation 4th down play where everything was on the line, and the ball was turned over, but if they'd saved their time outs, they would get one last shot, just like we saw yesterday, with 20 or thirty seconds on the clock -- commonplace in the 70s.

Basically the league is run by brain dead morons who don't give a fuck about the game, just the money - perhaps like Jerry Jones.

Compare the NFL's amateurish game management to pro baseball playoffs, when fans might be on the edge of their seat for fifteen, twenty, sometimes thirty minutes without a single commercial. the NFL is a subpar product. If fans got together, they could demand more.

While I disagree that throwing a precision pass from the 50 is likely to end well when the defense is playing prevent, I do agree that briefly stopping the clock to move the chains on a 1st down is something to consider. A team shouldn’t have to wait for a 45-year old person to run down the field behind the play. Dak slid with about 9 seconds left and the official appeared on the screen 4 seconds later (he ran into Dak with 4 seconds left).

If Dallas had executed the last play the way it was intended (ie., handing the ball to the official and not blocking him), they had a shot to run a legitimate play like you are thinking from about the 20. 

Romo saw sideline coverage before the play and suggested that would open up an end zone shot or 2. That would change the dynamics and the metrics for success of an end zone shot.

McCarthy saw a chance to run the clock out. Based on the execution of that play, it had a zero chance of success.
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, dcar00 said:

1. the stupid bullshit after the fake punt worked

2. not letting the clock go to the 2 minute warning after Dak took the sack on 1st and 10 - get in the right play, no need to rush(incomplete 5 yard pass to Lamb)

3. the draw call to end the game

Ladies and gentlemen I give you Mike McCarthy, bumbling fucking idiot.

I was furious at the end of the 3rd Quarter when they had 2nd or 3rd and relatively short with about 5 seconds left on the clock and didn't get a play off.  You need every second of gametime at that juncture, get a fucking play in before the end of the quarter dipshit.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Romo saw sideline coverage before the play and suggested that would open up an end zone shot or 2. That would change the dynamics and the metrics for success of an end zone shot.

McCarthy saw a chance to run the clock out. Based on the execution of that play, it had a zero chance of success.

Open up a shot or two is a little misguided.  It would afford a shot or two, but be serious.  Nothing is really open when the defense has 8 guys back and you have 5 guys running routes.  And if they were able to get a play off, why the hell would you not put Diggs on the field to try and make it?   He's one of the only guys on the team (with Gallup being hurt) that has a true chance of high pointing and catching a ball in the endzone like that.  

My parents are Packers fans and they said that Cowboys fans were gonna learn the hard way why Green Bay was happy to be rid of Fat Mike. Aaron Rodgers is laughing. Also, Fat Mike's coaching didn't win that Super Bowl. It was all Rodgers, Brandon Jackson and the receivers play making abilities. 

A coworker of mine said last year that Fat Mike was gonna take Dallas to the Super Bowl. Big bullshit. Had to explain to him that Fat Mike had Aaron. Dak is NOT Aaron Rodgers. Also, Michael Gallup, Ceedee Lamb and Amari Cooper are not Donald Driver, Jordy Nelson or Greg Jennings. 

With Jerruh keeping Fat Mike, sadly you guys will continue to stay one and done in the playoffs or miss them. 

On 1/18/2022 at 9:57 AM, Longboard Horn said:

My parents are Packers fans and they said that Cowboys fans were gonna learn the hard way why Green Bay was happy to be rid of Fat Mike. Aaron Rodgers is laughing. Also, Fat Mike's coaching didn't win that Super Bowl. It was all Rodgers, Brandon Jackson and the receivers play making abilities. 

A coworker of mine said last year that Fat Mike was gonna take Dallas to the Super Bowl. Big bullshit. Had to explain to him that Fat Mike had Aaron. Dak is NOT Aaron Rodgers. Also, Michael Gallup, Ceedee Lamb and Amari Cooper are not Donald Driver, Jordy Nelson or Greg Jennings. 

With Jerruh keeping Fat Mike, sadly you guys will continue to stay one and done in the playoffs or miss them. 

For some reason that defense that year was forcing turnovers at a crazy pace. That was what put them over the top when combined with Rodgers.