Sarah Huckabee Sanders is terrible at this job

retread

40 minutes ago, RPM said:

There's nothing that can't be ejected with the proper amount of air pressure.

2013PunkinChunk1-MClery.jpg

For SHS, coming back from Singapore, this hits close to home.

Report: N. Korea executes officials with anti-aircraft guns for 'enraging' Kim Jong Un

she's not having a great day today. she told cnn's jim schiutto that he apparently can't understand short sentences. and she refuses to answer repeated questions about  the separation of children from their parents at the border. she's a horrible human being.

Wow. Sanders just said that it's the democrats fault that they're separating children at the border, because the democrats won't update the laws? Nevermind that the GOP is in full control of all chambers of government. She really is a bug eyed baghdad bob.

1 minute ago, Stilicho said:

Whomever floated the idea of firing this cunt via anti-aircraft gun in the other thread now has my full support.

Kudos to Brian Karem for pushing that far.  He was obviously emotional about it, as he should be.  The rest of the press corps should have followed up.

• Like 1

She's a Christian.  She loves her job.  She lies for a living.  And this isn't one of those "I thought I was telling the truth but it turns out I wasn't" kind of lying, its the "I'm going to stand up here and shovel a bunch of bullshit in your direction, and you are going to like it" kind of lying.  Her job is to completely and with malice go against her religion on a daily basis, and she loves it.  What kind of credibility can she ever have again in anything?  Thinking as her husband, I couldn't stay with someone who so completely and so publicly and so regularly went against their espoused convictions, nor would I want my children around such a person.  Thinking as her children, when they are old enough to understand what their mom is doing, if they aren't already, they are going to learn exactly the wrong lessons from this whole thing.  She's ensured she's going to raise her children to be terrible people. But I guess that's today's GOP.  Congrats, Tahoe, looks like you hooked your boat to the right horse!

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

She's a Christian.  She loves her job.  She lies for a living.  And this isn't one of those "I thought I was telling the truth but it turns out I wasn't" kind of lying, its the "I'm going to stand up here and shovel a bunch of bullshit in your direction, and you are going to like it" kind of lying.  Her job is to completely and with malice go against her religion on a daily basis, and she loves it.  What kind of credibility can she ever have again in anything?  Thinking as her husband, I couldn't stay with someone who so completely and so publicly and so regularly went against their espoused convictions, nor would I want my children around such a person.  Thinking as her children, when they are old enough to understand what their mom is doing, if they aren't already, they are going to learn exactly the wrong lessons from this whole thing.  She's ensured she's going to raise her children to be terrible people. But I guess that's today's GOP.  Congrats, Tahoe, looks like you hooked your boat to the right horse!

Claiming to be "Christian" is how you get the gig. Lying is how you keep it.

That's how it's worked in the GOP for quite some time.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Thinking as her children, when they are old enough to understand what their mom is doing, if they aren't already, they are going to learn exactly the wrong lessons from this whole thing.  She's ensured she's going to raise her children to be terrible people. But I guess that's today's GOP.  Congrats, Tahoe, looks like you hooked your boat to the right horse!

You enormously underestimate the effect parents have on children when it comes to social and political narrative.  They are being indoctrinated, and whatever they see on the news will be easily hand-waved away at home with lies.  Don't think for a minute her kids will ever think of her as any less than a saint fighting for God's will.

I thought we were better than this.  We are a bad country and more people should feel shame over this.  

2018 isnt just a vote for democrat or republican but its a referendum on good versus evil.

Fuck these cunts.  

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

I thought we were better than this.  We are a bad country and more people should feel shame over this.  

2018 isnt just a vote for democrat or republican but its a referendum on good versus evil.

Fuck these cunts.  

I'm tired of being ashamed of our country's leaders and "leadership" decisions, which are largely self-serving and/or cowardly.

7 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Fuck these cunts.  

News flash:  We aren't better than this.  There is a not insubstantial portion of our country that believes this is the way it SHOULD be.

We have to outwork them.

Edited by Chad Fuck
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

News flash:  We aren't better than this.  There is a not insubstantial portion of our country that believes this its he way it SHOULD be.

We have to outwork them.

This is the unfortunate truth of the matter, and I'm not certain which is worse:  the sizable portion of the country that actually cheers this scumbag behavior or the sizable portion of the country that can't be bothered to give a fuck that we've become a nation of scumbags. 

I will actually back SHS some here, and that's painful to do.   It's pointless to expect any Trump press secretary to stand up there and criticize anything that happens from the Administration.  you can appeal to their morals, background, their kids, etc.  but it won't make any difference.   The press secretary's job is not to disagree with the Administration.   And this actually applies to any Administration.    It's wrong for the press to goad the Press Sec to do so. 

Says she publicly agrees that it's heartless and wrong to separate kids from their families.   Then what's the next step here?  A President can't just agree to disagree publicly with the Press Secretary.  Or vice versa.  The Press Secretary's job is not to make policy or declare their own opinion but rather state what the President believes.   And if the Press Sec believes otherwise, the press briefing is not the place for that.   And if they can't stick to the President's script, they should resign.    

It's like any Cabinet position. Cabinet officials should state their opinions to the President, attempt to persuade, but ultimately follow the marching orders from the President.  Champion that decision with as much passion as if it was their greatest desire to achieve.  Even if they 100% disagree.    Otherwise they are failing in their job.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Says she publicly agrees that it's heartless and wrong to separate kids from their families.   Then what's the next step here?  A President can't just agree to disagree publicly with the Press Secretary.  Or vice versa.  The Press Secretary's job is not to make policy or declare their own opinion but rather state what the President believes.   And if the Press Sec believes otherwise, the press briefing is not the place for that.   And if they can't stick to the President's script, they should resign.    

The next step is you quit.  At the very least you don't lie about what the law says.  She just lied.  Not covered for the administration.  Lied for it.  And if you have to lie to cover up kiddy concentration camps then you quit your fucking job if you're a decent human being. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I will actually back SHS some here, and that's painful to do.   It's pointless to expect any Trump press secretary to stand up there and criticize anything that happens from the Administration.  you can appeal to their morals, background, their kids, etc.  but it won't make any difference.   The press secretary's job is not to disagree with the Administration.   And this actually applies to any Administration.    It's wrong for the press to goad the Press Sec to do so. 

It's like any Cabinet position. Cabinet officials should state their opinions to the President, attempt to persuade, but ultimately follow the marching orders from the President.  Champion that decision with as much passion as if it was their greatest desire to achieve.  Even if they 100% disagree.    Otherwise they are failing in their job.

You are right.

So she should have quit months and months ago, or not taken the job in the first place. 

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

it's not that she holds the trump position. it's her sneering condescension she has in doing so. she's a terrible person, and if she had any decency at all, she'd resign and stop serving this toad of a president.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

"Just following orders" has limits, and this kind of shit is beyond them. She should've fucking resigned instead of lying to this degree, which goes way beyond the political spin the job calls for.  Since she didn't, she deserves all the criticism she's getting. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

"Just following orders" has limits, and this kind of shit is beyond them. She should've fucking resigned instead of lying to this degree, which goes way beyond the political spin the job calls for.  Since she didn't, she deserves all the criticism she's getting. 

This is certainly one possibility.  But is everyone thoroughly convinced that she's "just following orders"?  She strikes me as the true-believer type.  

2 minutes ago, Stilicho said:

This is certainly one possibility.  But is everyone thoroughly convinced that she's "just following orders"?  She strikes me as the true-believer type.  

Oh I agree with you.  She's a complicit piece of shit.  Just arguing within the framework he presented. 

Edit:  and if I misunderstood you, and you're arguing that she doesn't know she's lying, no fucking way.  

Edited by Mojo Hand

6 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Oh I agree with you.  She's a complicit piece of shit.  Just arguing within the framework he presented. 

Edit:  and if I misunderstood you, and you're arguing that she doesn't know she's lying, no fucking way.  

No.  We're in agreement.  She knows she's lying, but she's doing it because she's a complicit piece of shit and believes that the Trumpian version of America is the way things should be.

It's easy hyperbole to call people we disagree with Nazis or fascists or invoke Godwin's Law at the drop of a hat.  But this bitch appears to be a modern, American rendition of Goebbels. 

Edited by Stilicho

15 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

This all makes sense when the POTUS is not a raving lunatic who would accept the role of U.S. dictator at the drop of a hat. 

16 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

I don't see how someone could stand up there and say what she does but that is the job she signed up for:  Defend the indefensible.    

As I said before, the daily press briefing is really a waste of time now.  As it sounds like she may resign soon,along with her deputy, I think there is a good chance the new Press Sec moves to weekly or bi-weekly meetings.   

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I don't see how someone could stand up there and say what she does but that is the job she signed up for:  Defend the indefensible.    

As I said before, the daily press briefing is really a waste of time now.  As it sounds like she may resign soon,along with her deputy, I think there is a good chance the new Press Sec moves to weekly or bi-weekly meetings.   

That may be the job she signed on for, because she's a horrible person, but that is not the job of the WH press secretary, which is to defend the defensible.  If the president has done something indefensible, and you are in a position to stand up to him, that's what you've gotta do.  See the Saturday Night Massacre for an example.