Sarah Huckabee Sanders is terrible at this job

retread

It seems this doesn't matter:

I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

When Trump attacks the press, as he has done willfully and without any pretense of equivocation, he violates his oath of office.  Every single time.  For this alone he should be impeached, not to mention his utter refusal to support the laws of the land on dozens of other fronts, each time violating his oath.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

When Trump attacks the press, as he has done willfully and without any pretense of equivocation, he violates his oath of office.  Every single time.  For this alone he should be impeached, not to mention his utter refusal to support the laws of the land on dozens of other fronts, each time violating his oath.

One of the articles of impeachment already introduced was his attacks on the free press, along with emoluments.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

The enemy of the people should quit attending these press conferences.  Send one camera to record it, fact check every fucking word out of their mouths, then re-broadcast it with the fact checks popping up all over the screen...like "Pop Up Video"

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

One of the articles of impeachment already introduced was his attacks on the free press, along with emoluments.

Crazy how the party not in power always clings to the constitution. Once they are in power it's a "fuck it" mentality. 

14 hours ago, Pancho Negro said:

Says the biggest attention whore in Washington D.C. which is akin to being the biggest rat in the New York City sewer system.  The next time Jim Acosta does something at the White House press briefing that does not make Jim Acosta the primary focus of the White House press briefing will be the first time.

Edited by EMAWesome
  • Fuck You 4

20 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

Says the biggest attention whore in Washington D.C. which is akin to being the biggest rat in the New York City sewer system.  The next time Jim Acosta does something at the White House press briefing that does not make Jim Acosta the primary focus of the White House press briefing will be the first time.

Shut the fuck up. You didn’t give two shits about Acosta or any other White House reporter until the dotus called him out by name.

13 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

He doesn't violate the 1st Amendment.  He is imploring the press to be responsible.

They ain't even remotely close.

26 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Shut the fuck up. You didn’t give two shits about Acosta or any other White House reporter until the dotus called him out by name.

Acosta has been an asshat who has tried to make everything about him ever since he started covering the Trump administration's press briefings.  

• Fuck You 7

If Jim Acosta and all the other shitslingers at CNN think Trump is trying to destroy the press they should take their act to Cuba or Iran and see what happens to them under a regime that does not have a First Amendment.  It wouldn't be their feelings that would be getting hurt.

• Fuck You 20

1 hour ago, EMAWesome said:

If Jim Acosta and all the other shitslingers at CNN think Trump is trying to destroy the press they should take their act to Cuba or Iran and see what happens to them under a regime that does not have a First Amendment.  It wouldn't be their feelings that would be getting hurt.

Post less asshat

1 hour ago, EMAWesome said:

So we are fine as long as there is an example elsewhere that is as bad or worse. That's a hell of a standard.

#Be Best Not Worst

#Make America Great Again Not as Shitty as Iran 

Edited by brown water
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, slorch said:

He doesn't violate the 1st Amendment.  He is imploring the press to be responsible.

They ain't even remotely close.

Did anyone say he was violating the 1st Amendment, or attacking the press? For not being a supporter of the traitor, you sure do run to defend him every chance you get. Weird. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, slorch said:

And your statement that he is "imploring the press to be responsible" is laughable.

He's using words to intimidate and harass the press and is encouraging violence against them. 

Looking at it another way, the more nuanced argument is that the 1st Amendment does not protect his speech when he encourages harassment and intimidation of the press. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

son, they's as close as stink is on a pig tail

“The president should be more responsible with his freedom.”

”The press can call it how they see it.”

Edited by slorch

16 hours ago, Jograves said:

I always wonder what notes she's looking at. Even when she's asked a somewhat personal question, she can't make eye contact for very long. 

Not notes, think it's a menu from some nearby eating establishment. 

34 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Did anyone say he was violating the 1st Amendment, or attacking the press? For not being a supporter of the traitor, you sure do run to defend him every chance you get. Weird. 

What other laws would he be violating? I quoted another poster’s post, so you tell me what it might be.

I am not defending the Potus.  I am asking for the outrage to be substantiated.

It has not been.

Edited by slorch

7 minutes ago, slorch said:

What other laws would he be violating? I quoted another poster’s post, so you tell me what it might be.

I am not defending the Potus.  I am asking for the outrage to be substantiated.

It has not been.

The whole point is that he is attacking the press and instigating violence against reporters, refuses to tamp down his deplorables when they attack the media. He borrows slogans from both the Nazis and Soviets regarding the media. 

Are you really not seeing this? Is it only wrong if there’s an actual law passed against the media? Fuck. You trump supporters are just ridiculous 

• Like 2

I never said he violated the First Amendment.  He swore to UPHOLD the Constitution, which in my view doesn't include condemning the press, the freedom of which is quite literally a cornerstone of our democracy.

I am not surprised you don't understand this.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

You believe it is acceptable for the President to lie about the press, and berate them in the way he has?

It's outrageous that any Americans accept this kind of behavior. 

He’s giving what he’s getting.

Should he sit there and take it?

I wouldn’t begin to defend Trump’s character, but the ‘free pass’ for the press is bullshit.  They have zero accountability.

People are sick of it.  Some of y’all seem to embrace it.

7 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

The whole point is that he is attacking the press and instigating violence against reporters, refuses to tamp down his deplorables when they attack the media. He borrows slogans from both the Nazis and Soviets regarding the media. 

Are you really not seeing this? Is it only wrong if there’s an actual law passed against the media? Fuck. You trump supporters are just ridiculous 

So he hasn’t prosecuted or jailed anyone, but he’s restricting their speech how?

He ‘s not allowed to comment on the press’ bullshittery?

Edited by slorch

5 minutes ago, slorch said:

I wouldn’t begin to defend Trump’s character, but the ‘free pass’ for the press is bullshit.  They have zero accountability.

Fuck YES he should sit there and take it.  Jesus.  You're unbelievable.

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I never said he violated the First Amendment.  He swore to UPHOLD the Constitution, which in my view doesn't include condemning the press, the freedom of which is quite literally a cornerstone of our democracy.

I am not surprised you don't understand this.

But what laws has he violated?!!?1 /slorched

6 minutes ago, slorch said:

Poor trump, he’s having to deal with the media reporting on things he says and does. Unfair!

So he hasn’t prosecuted or jailed anyone, but he’s restricting their speech how?

He ‘s not allowed to comment on the press’ bullshittery?

Please quote me where I said he’s restricting their speech. 

You have thoroughly defeated your straw man

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Fuck YES he should sit there and take it.  Jesus.  You're unbelievable.

It might not be ‘ presidential,’ and that we agree.

He’s not violating his oath.

5 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Please quote me where I said he’s restricting their speech. 

You have thoroughly defeated your straw man

You conveniently ignored the post to which I was responding.

It ain’t your world bro.  Read the fucking thread...then comment.

5 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Watch out everyone, this thread is being slorched. What a fucking moron

You have nothing..

so call names.

fuck off

It might not be ‘ presidential,’ and that we agree.

He’s not violating his oath.

Yes he is.  He has two choices when it comes to the press with regards to his oath:  say nothing, or defend the press.  He is attacking the press, and questioning the legitimacy of a free press.