Sarah Huckabee Sanders is terrible at this job

retread

2 hours ago, DonkeyCigars said:

As a group can I challenge us to refrain from the misogyny though of commenting superficially on physical looks? It's not okay when people do it to Kamala and it's not okay here. It's obvious that she is obese and has physical traits that aren't typically thought of as a standard of beauty. There is plenty to attack about her ugliness of personality, maybe, or how you think her politics is disgusting.

For the record, I'm not trying to be one-sided here; I think it's not okay to objectify the other way too, like people who only say positive things about AOC because they perceive her to be attractive in a young, petite way and not anything to do with her politics or abilities or history.

What if I have a fair and balanced track record of making fun of male politicians such as Chris Christie and Donald Trump for being fats?  

Edited by Continental Op
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, DonkeyCigars said:

As a group can I challenge us to refrain from the misogyny though of commenting superficially on physical looks? It's not okay when people do it to Kamala and it's not okay here. It's obvious that she is obese and has physical traits that aren't typically thought of as a standard of beauty. There is plenty to attack about her ugliness of personality, maybe, or how you think her politics is disgusting.

For the record, I'm not trying to be one-sided here; I think it's not okay to objectify the other way too, like people who only say positive things about AOC because they perceive her to be attractive in a young, petite way and not anything to do with her politics or abilities or history.

I've got to push back on that, because that assumes that we wouldn't be commenting on her physical unattractiveness if she were a man.  And we know that's completely untrue.  For confirmation of that, one need only look at the innumerable posts about Trump's weight, McConnell's resemblance to a turtle, or Cruz's godawful beard.

We comment on the fact that she's ugly not because she's an ugly woman, but because she's an ugly human.

45 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

She's a lying cunt, and she's ugly on the inside as well as the outside.   

And that's part of it, too.  If she weren't such a dissembling and mendacious supporter of authoritarianism, then her physical unattractiveness might get more of a pass on this board.  But she is completely hideous on the inside.  And that makes her physical unattractiveness all the more pronounced.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I've got to push back on that, because that assumes that we wouldn't be commenting on her physical unattractiveness if she were a man.  And we know that's completely untrue.  For confirmation of that, one need only look at the innumerable posts about Trump's weight, McConnell's resemblance to a turtle, or Cruz's godawful beard.

We comment on the fact that she's ugly not because she's an ugly woman, but because she's an ugly human.

And that's part of it, too.  If she weren't such a dissembling and mendacious supporter of authoritarianism, then her physical unattractiveness might get more of a pass on this board.  But she is completely hideous on the inside.  And that makes her physical unattractiveness all the more pronounced.

Okay fair enough; let's get her!

By the way, did y'all read the study over the weekend that the whole "fat can be it" and "fit at any weight" is (obviously) a lie and a sham? Someone print that out and email it to her mwuahaha.

4 hours ago, DonkeyCigars said:

You do have a good point about the general misogyny around here.  It's pretty cringy, just not this time as has been pointed out.

The morons are making fun of Kamala's looks?  Must be because she is blek because I think she's pretty sexy.

I am trying to figure out whether she is going to rake in enough dough to roll around in and fund a shit ton of TV.  OR is she simply going to let Trump give her a good running start out of his $200 million (or what might be left after legal defenses) slush fund?

She may be a small donor magnet for all I know.  But do you think corporations are going to live up to give her cash over Asa Hutchinson?  I somehow have a feeling that in two years Trump's influence will not be what it is today.  

I guess to some in the GOP, she looks like an attractive candidate to run against Hutchinson, but I don't see it.  At least not yet.

35 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Because the Governor of Arkansas has such an influence on America, what ails it, and what will heal it.

I don't know if it's because we live so close to Arkansas, but I fucking hate the fact that I know the names of so many Arkansas governors.  Clinton, Huckabee, Beebe, Hutchison, and now probably---Sarah Sanders.  I don't want to pay attention to that state, but I feel like somehow they outpunch their weight nationally for no fucking reason.  

Why can't they just go away? 

50 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I don't know if it's because we live so close to Arkansas, but I fucking hate the fact that I know the names of so many Arkansas governors.  Clinton, Huckabee, Beebe, Hutchison, and now probably---Sarah Sanders.  I don't want to pay attention to that state, but I feel like somehow they outpunch their weight nationally for no fucking reason.  

Why can't they just go away? 

Sarah must pack a hell of a punch.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Once a woman lies for and enables and supports a man who has publicly gone after women’s looks and weight numerous times, she loses the protection of the sisterhood.

She’s an obese, lazy eyed, homely dumb sack of rotten meat.

Pretty much this; there are limits IMO and I try not to go down that path, but once a person of note has revealed their lack of character, things get a lot more squishy. In Sander's case, about thirty pounds more squishy.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Man, I got choked up watching that.  Very clever use of the concept of time. 

His wife is an Air Force combat pilot veteran with a doctorate?  

Sarah's husband was once named Golden Corral "guest of the month"

I don't think that guy has a chance this cycle, but he's on my political radar for the rest of my life.  Somebody's gonna pick him for something big someday soon.

3 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

He well might, @Js1 Then again, he isn’t the usual pol. Sending money out of state seems to calm my nerves. Don’t char my chill.

Here’s where to send your money out of Texas - look to swing states in 2024 where we need the Dem apparatus in power to prevent fuckery 

WI Dems (need to keep Gov and AG and win Senate)

Mich Dems (need to keep Gov, AG, SOS)

PA Dems (need to keep Gov, AG and win Senate)

AZ Dems (need to keep Senate and SOS and win Gov)

GA Dems (need to keep Senate and win Gov and SOS)

NV Dems and NH Dems (keep Senate)

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

Beef's opponent is pretty impressive

46 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Man, I got choked up watching that.  Very clever use of the concept of time. 

His wife is an Air Force combat pilot veteran with a doctorate?  

Sarah's husband was once named Golden Corral "guest of the month"

I don't think that guy has a chance this cycle, but he's on my political radar for the rest of my life.  Somebody's gonna pick him for something big someday soon.

Put him on a Senate ballot if Huckabeef wins.

I know a lot of people don't think these kinds of races mean much, but it forces Republicans to attack the very things they claim to care about, and it does impact the moderates and independents.

The Republicans think they can win by going even harder right, without realizing that going hard right cost them the House, the Senate, and the White House.  They've decided to give up on the middle.  Guys like Chris Jones can leverage those folks in the middle over time.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

What makes Sarah Sander’s think she’d be a good governor? She was horrible and really bad as a press secretary. 

Trump is still relevant to her would-be voters, and a governorship is probably the ceiling for her.  If she can win the Governor's position, she can use that for another position (probably House), and she can start stacking pensions when she hits retirement age.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Brandywine said:

What makes Sarah Sander’s think she’d be a good governor? She was horrible and really bad as a press secretary. 

Bc she worked for Trump and her last name has Huckabee in it. That’s it. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1