I pledge to post more pictures of this STEAK

Landomatic

there’s not enough food on that plate. 

Yep. Reminds me of a couple that invited us over to have STEAK. We got there and had a drink then the host announced it was time to let the STEAK come to temp. I went in the kitchen and saw he really did mean the STEAK. A single STEAK in a package from the King Sooper (Denver Kroger). Not a huge sirloin but a single strip. About 12oz. Not prime or wagyu. A steak smaller than what my wife would eat alone. For five people. He had a big grill. And this lonely steak on it. The sliced in a platter. It weirded us out.
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Yep. Reminds me of a couple that invited us over to have STEAK. We got there and had a drink then the host announced it was time to let the STEAK come to temp. I went in the kitchen and saw he really did mean the STEAK. A single STEAK in a package from the King Sooper (Denver Kroger). Not a huge sirloin but a single strip. About 12oz. Not prime or wagyu. A steak smaller than what my wife would eat alone. For five people. He had a big grill. And this lonely steak on it. The sliced in a platter. It weirded us out.

My wife and I were invited by some friends to come over a steak dinner last year.  They cooked up 5 nice looking strips, then proceeded to slice two of them up for everyone and put the rest in the refrigerator for later.  I was confused, and that feeling hasn't passed.  I've been meaning to reciprocate but will serve each adult present his/her own steak.

Edited by dcbc
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, dcbc said:

My wife and I were invited by some friends to come over a steak dinner last year.  They cooked up 5 nice looking strips, then proceeded to slice two of them up for everyone and put the rest in the refrigerator for later.  I was confused, and that feeling hasn't passed.  I've been meaning to reciprocate but will serve each adult present his/her own steak.

My experience would be getting invited to a steak dinner, them pulling the steaks off the grill and into a big platter. No limits, but not a single one under medium well, with most of them very well done. Host told us to eat up, since there were plenty. Not sure how I got enough eaten to not offend them. To add, they were teetotelers, so no wine or liquor of any kind. Pure torture. 

Edited by Mo Horn

1 hour ago, Jimbaround said:

None of these parties sound like fun.

We were invited to a friend's for dinner and they provided nice wine, and perfectly cooked steaks in adequate portions.

That's usually how it goes.  I'm not sure what the deal was, but it was an isolated occurrence I hope not to repeat anytime soon.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/14/2022 at 6:47 PM, Mo Horn said:

I know we've had this debate, and nobody it going to change their mind. We had ribeyes tonight and I will never be convinced that there's any better way to do a steak than to sous-vide it. They were like butter. 

Yep.  We did sous vide ribeyes last night and they are just amazing.  I always cook an extra so I can have some for lunch the next day.  I have had similar success with reverse sear, but I prefer sous vide because I can put them on around 4:00-4:30 and then take care of the rest later.  It doesn't matter if I pull them at 6:00 or 7:00, the result is the same every time.

1192B1D5-BE9F-4D6E-A8C3-BF651D8FEDC9.thumb.jpeg.0a0c45e5c600cd15bf31426219d8be40.jpeg
wife and kids had shit to do tonight so cooked this little guy up. Put on pellet grill at 225° until it got to 115° and then put in gas grill until it got to 130°. Turned out amazing, now I’m miserable and full. 

Edited by Pdawg88
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

We never reciprocated as I soon after took a new job. But wife and I thought about what we’d serve. A single tilapia. A carrot.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anybody ever get prime steaks from Wildfork?

Have a new one open up near me and did a choice brisket from them and was very impressed. Only thing I am concerned is everything is frozen so not sure if grocery store prime might be slightly better. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hanger steak, seasoned one with a curry blend (curry on left) and one with some oddball lamb spice mix, left to brine for an hour on the counter - overseasoned the lamb one, was a bit salty. On Kamado Jr somewhere around 600 degrees, 4min a side. Rest 10min and slice.

1093005463_hangersteak.thumb.JPG.41799c2d203795db086eb62e00198bff.JPG

One of my favorite cuts for beef flavor.

• Hook 'Em 8

haven't done a steak in a while.  i am quite fond of the prime top sirloin from CostCo, i swear i prefer them to strips.
reverse sear to 120, let sit for an hour, then cast iron sear until whatever deliciousness this is lol
20220511_200120.thumb.jpg.a459818e6ecd8941bc84a3f26fc2adbc.jpg

That looks like a great steak. I love top sirloin when I can find a tender one and agree it can be better than a strip which I think is an overrated cut. I gotta look at the prime ones at Costco. Usually they are a bit too lean in the choice area and need heavy marinating. Thanks.
  • Like 1

did you put ketchup on it, too?

You must be a joy at dinner parties and family gatherings. Do you kick little kids for wanting ketchup on a hot dog? Or someone putting sauce on their barbecue?

I could give a shit how people eat their food. You want Hersheys syrup on that steak? By all means enjoy. Not my mouth.

2 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

You must be a joy at dinner parties and family gatherings. Do you kick little kids for wanting ketchup on a hot dog? Or someone putting sauce on their barbecue?

I could give a shit how people eat their food. You want Hersheys syrup on that steak? By all means enjoy. Not my mouth.

Fucking Futureman'd. 

Hey @Texzilla58, put him on ignore like the rest of us. 

Not the best pic since I’m in Port A and do t exactly have the best equipment to use, but Prime Ribeyes and fresh shrimp caught yesterday morning was damn good.   
Then repurposed some of the leftover ribeye for breakfast tacos this morning…

2677AFC6-3479-4B86-9A96-38A7DEF0FE92.jpeg

1F3A1B2C-3E8D-40A2-96B1-1CD665F1ED9E.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1