I pledge to post more pictures of this STEAK

Landomatic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

One and three look great.  But, I’d wager number two was not a pleasant chew due to that inedible connective tissue down the middle.

They were all delicious.. cut like butter too… but I don’t know shit about fuck when picking them 

• Hook 'Em 4

19 minutes ago, Bogeywon said:

They were all delicious.. cut like butter too… but I don’t know shit about fuck when picking them 

The butcher should have known.  Take them a picture of that middle one next time and let 'em know you don't want one with that membrane running down the middle.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bogeywon said:

No doubt they were flavorful.  That strip of connective tissue doesn’t affect the taste .. just makes an otherwise great steak more chewy than you might prefer.

My observation is to not let your butcher sell you a strip steak with that connective tissue.  It occurs in only the end cuts of the loin.

https://nationalpost.com/appetizer/the-meat-lessons-the-secret-to-beef-striploin/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, BHMCruiser said:

fantastic after shots

no money shot.  busy cooking for the non-steak eating members of the family and forgot to snap a pic before digging in.  one side had good sear, the other not as deep a sear as i wanted, but i did not want to overcook them as they came sliced thin (about a 1lb each)

18 minutes ago, gyroprotagonist said:

no money shot.  busy cooking for the non-steak eating members of the family and forgot to snap a pic before digging in.  one side had good sear, the other not as deep a sear as i wanted, but i did not want to overcook them as they came sliced thin (about a 1lb each)

It's like I'm there

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Back home in the 956. Grabbed some Sam’s Prime ribeyes (and some strips for a couple non-fatchewers). Just grill, serve with blue cheese chive butter and a baked sweet potato. 

image.thumb.jpeg.3b6b8cfaebe75653ca989be4bacc7238.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.3a7eddfdcf5cbacd7ddc06ed76a1e1b7.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.26bf63375fed6688b5472a6bc350d9a9.jpeg

Steaks look freak. I love blue cheese and beef.

You sound like my mama with those sweet potatoes though. “You’ll love them baked!” My old man and I tried one but kept sweet potatoes in any form on the “I ain’t eating that shit” list.
  • Like 1

I hate the “oh you’ve never had them
Like this!” push on certain things. I don’t give a shit what folks like or don’t. I know I don’t like it. Some like liver. I don’t like any innards. I don’t like plain white milk, or beets, or wine, or mushrooms. I also will eat things many others won’t, like stinky cheeses.

20 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Steaks look freak. I love blue cheese and beef.

You sound like my mama with those sweet potatoes though. “You’ll love them baked!” My old man and I tried one but kept sweet potatoes in any form on the “I ain’t eating that shit” list.

I started making compound butters to serve on steak a few years back and now I almost never do without, even if it’s just butter salt and a bit of garlic. Blue cheese butter is a favorite. Also amazing— anchovy butter. A few salt-cured anchovy filets smashed into a stick. It does NOT taste like fish, it just tastes like beef but…more once it melts in.

You do you on the sweet taters. We eat them a lot. 

• Drool 1

I love the compound butters as well. When I grow herbs those are good on them. I do one with tarragon that tastes like bearnaise without the hassles. I like a garlic parsley pequin chile one as well.

When I do blue cheese crumbles on a steak it’s great with a balsamic vinegar reduction.

This one is a bit weird but tasty on a lesser cut like a top sirloin. It’s a dust of brown sugar, black pepper, wasabi powder, garlic. About a minute before steaks done cooking drag thru the dust and return to the fire where it makes a glaze and then put butter on them to melt while they rest. I had a request for teriyaki one night and just thru it together.

• Like 1
  • Drool 1